1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware for Play with ALL OPTIONS IN MAXIMUM VALUES with constant 120fps or higher

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Rico Race Driver, May 31, 2019.

1. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

I have an i9 9980xe, RTX-2080ti, 32 gb RAM @ 3200 MHZ and am running ultrawide 3840x1600 and with everything set to ultra, it runs OK at 60, but dips below that depending on the number of cars on the track. The game looks insanely incredible with RTX and 4k. But no TrackIR, so meh.

2. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I have a 6700k and asus 1080ti on an ultawide 3440 x 1440 with everything turned up and i get about 90 - 100fps , by removing unnecessary background processes

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

In a rainy night race with 20 AI on the grid? I very much doubt it.

4. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Not sure if you saw the AMD announcement. There will always be the next best thing coming over the horizon, but I was getting ready to pull the trigger on and I9 and new MB after upgrading to a 2080. If it's faster, more efficient and cheaper, I may have to go with he AMD option. Asus is making over the top MBs for this new chip too. Should be real world reviews from your favorite YouTube personalities in the next few weeks. OP may not have the luxury of waiting though.

5. Does the Assetto Corsa Competizione have SLI support? I researched games with the same engine and they did not have

6. Good spot.

I'm not intented to use SLI but the NVLink, it's not exactly the same thing, but, it's important to answer this question.

Can anyone confirm if the AC and ACC supports NVLink?

Thanks in advance.

7. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

To the OP:

If your goal is to build a money is no object sim racing computer around ACC today where your goal is to MAINLY use ACC and you have no previous setup you are already locked in with, I would recommend:

- get the MB people here recommended
    - get the fastest Intel CPU
    - get a SINGLE best spec NVIDIA GPU
    - go for a single screen solution (baddest, largest, highest res panel / projector to aim for a 4K output from ACC)

Currently these are the issues to content with other setups:
    - there is currently no consumer grade GPU setup available on the market that is able to push ACC at highest settings on a triple screen setup with high quality image quality - it does not exist - nada - you can't have it - nobody can
    - current workaround to combat perspective distortion on side screens is to use a software based image warping post processing algorithm to serenader the image which results in HORRENDOUS image quality issues negating ANY advantage you may want to get from higher resolution, high quality panels
    - the image warping workaround demands that you actually need to apply (at the very bare minimum) an 1.25x upsampling of the image, more ideally an 2.0 x upsampling (just IMPOSSIBLE at a 4K final image resolution with currently available hardware)
    - no matter how you set up ACC with these limitations image quality particularly on your center screen will look like dog droppings

If you run ACC currently with a really nice single screen setup you will be rewarded with absolutely beautiful, crystal clear graphics and you will be able to use the gained performance toward maxing out those settings.

My setup specs are in the sig. I am barely able to get along with ~60-80 FPS in a proper racing setup and a mix of mid, high and Epic settings @ triple 1080 @ 60Hz and the image quality is truly medieval. Any other racing sim, particularly Assetto Corsa + CM and maxed out graphics (particularly advanced AA settings) look perfect. ACC by contrast does look currently the worst of all racing sims but the amazing physics (new tire model, new, more complex aero and suspension) are still absolutely worth it.

Once Epic Games will support proper multi view rendering NVIDIA will probably have introduced the next gen of high end GPUs and you may be able to find a proper triple screen upgrade to your rig more worthwhile than chasing this phantasy today.

broadappeal and chksix like this.
  8. Basically, tripples is nice for AC + CM + CSP + SOL. But for ACC, single screen is nice.

i9 9900
    64 GB 4GHz
    Azus Z390 ROG Series
    NVidia RTX 2080 Ti
    (or 2x 2080Ti + NVLink)
    SSD M.2 NVMe

LG 34" 21:9 2,5K 144 MHz 1ms

Seems fine?

Thanks in advance.

9. Such as?

10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Maybe Ryzen 3000 will be an option for the CPU.

11. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

1280x960 old crt monitor and you can run it with 120fps / all maxed out.

You need the fastest ram possible. Second is fast CPU with as much Threads as possible. Then GPU. - Thats my experience with ue4 engine in acc.

I played with Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb 4200 ddr4, Rx580 and now back at i5 3570k, 16gb 1866 ddr3, RX580. With the Ryzen its was running all maxed out at 2560x1440 or 4k while with the i5 im just able to do low/med settings. 60fps monitor.

I would wait for the new ryzen 3000 top of the line cpu for the best bang for the bug cpu plattform. Or intel 9900k (now) intel in general if you dont look at the peanuts.

GPU is only nvidia king of the hill.

12. The 34" 21:9 led monitor resolution is 2560x1080 @144MHz.

Other specs are:

i9 9900
    Azus ROG Z390
    64 GB 4GHz
    NVidia RTX 2080 Ti
    (or 2x RTX 2080 Ti + NVLink)
    SSD M.2 NVMe

13. chakko

chakko Alien

You need this, buddy:

[​IMG]
    A steering wheel might come handy as well.

14. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

Pump up the RAM for ~5GHz
    otherwise i wonder hard why you cant get at least 120fps with that setup at that "low" resolution.
    On the otherhand, maybe kunos must optimize the engine much more. (Mirrors, shadows are huge fps killer in this ue4 game) but then i dont know if you need very high aa settings at this resolution. For me, at 4k, AA isnt worth anymore to be turned on at all - but thats just me. I would rather pump up virtual super resolution to 5k then activating AA :)

Edit: Why you dont go with the 9900k? or wait for the next generation of intel cpu´s at all? K intel or x amd cpus are most likely the far better cpu´s compared to the non k x variants cause they are made from the better die´s at the factory.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  15. For a momment I thought it was a wine cellar and it made me smile. LOL

chksix likes this.
  16. It is 9900K, I just forgot to type it.

17. chakko

chakko Alien

18. Only question remaining is if the ACC supports NVLink, so, please, let me know if you have any reliable source for this answer.

I want to thank you guys a lot for the insights and contribution overall.

I'll let you know the outcomes.

Cheers!

=)

19. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Personally I think the SLI is currently only a waste of money. I would go with a single, check performance, only when having a borderline case (performance almost there and only needs a last little push AND most importantly you have confirmed that SLI does work as expected with ACC) would I get a second GPU (I found over the years that SLI and AMD X-Fire is just not worth the hassle and constant compatibility issues and trouble shooting rather than just staying up to date on the single top range GPU from either manufacturer.

If this is exclusively a sim racing computer 64 GB RAM will provide you zero benefits. 32GB for any current racing sim is already overkill (never really utilized at all).
    If this is a general work computer (not a video or still photo workstation) 64GB is nice to have (on a workstation for video or still work you actually want as much as you can fit and 64 is on the low end).

That single screen will make you much, much happier currently than any triple screen setup currently possible with ACC.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Interesting project.

I guess in the end he will end up having a really high-spec PC worth several thousands of $ and then drive ACC with a $100 plastic Logitech wheel. :D

esox71 likes this.