1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Audi R8 LMS GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Your logic is valid, but the amount of more weight bias is so small, that I tend to believe the difference is in sum of many tiny differences. Weight bias, suspension geometry, aero balance...

2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

yea it is combination of different things as you mentioned above.
    I always loved how front mid engine cars handle on corners like 3rd corner of catalunya circuit and hungaroring for example.They allow me to adjust the line with wheelspin and in case of rear engine cars it's combination of wheel spin and inertia of rear weight.

3. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Many thanks @Aristotelis
    I love to read about the cars in such detail.
    Please the Porsche next, I can not wait to read about it.
    The background information you and all from the Kunos team, give here is really unique!
    This shows me that you love your work!
    Thank you for your work and love for the detail you presented here again and again!

CmdrCody, Bernd Antony and dek like this.
  4. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

At the begining I felt the Audi very twitch on corner entry. I fixed it by increasing the steering ratio on the setup.

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm still trying to get the Audi to take Eau Rouge flat with the aggressive preset. The car seems to either be good at Eau Rouge, or the rest of the track, I still can't get both.

6. dek

dek Racer

Thank you very much. Good read.

7. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Thanks again and forever for these posts Aris. May God reward you with few children but many attempts

8. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

love it with a lowered ride heigt , to slippery if i not =)

9. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Pre evo trend is entry o/s, exit u/s.

Reported via pretty good Audi drivers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

exited22 likes this.
  10. Borbor

Borbor Racer

If you can't show it, I can

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I’m quite familiar with the PC2/RF2 versions of this car, and initially drove it in my typical manner; felt nice, in control, sedate even. Then last night I drove it with the approach Aris listed above, and it finally felt FAST.

12. karl87

karl87 Rookie

I don't understand the curb behavior in many of these games. When is the last time you saw a GT3 car in real life not hit a curb and when is the last time they touched one and spun like a top?

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure this is the right thread for this?

14. karl87

karl87 Rookie

No but it was in the conversation

15. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Well the r8 is one of the worst on that aspect so...

16. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Any expert advices how to handle the Audi's lift-off oversteer ? Is the brake bias and differential first thing to consider ?

Also would be nice if we have a section in the forums focused on driving, racing lines/techniques on different tracks/track sections with different cars etc.. I see a lot of discussions on many topics around the forums but not much about driving.

EsxPaul likes this.
  17. Aristotelis

Go to the physics support subforum. We are having good conversations about how to setup and drive cars there. We also put a "discussion" prefix. Just feel free to create a new thread about Audi setup guidelines

18. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I did work with differential and use brake and throttle at the same time in some braking zones.

But I'm a bad, slow driver duh

19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Hotlink? I can't find it to my great shame...

20. Aristotelis