1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

When it comes to ACC performance, the phrase "your mileage may vary" applies. I have friends with Oculus CV1 that can´t play. However, I´m able to play decently and cranck up the visual settings.

pippo10 likes this.
  2. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

i3-8350K, 3200Mhz 16GB, GTX 1070. Being able to run 85fps (even more) 20 visible cars with some settings on Epic, most on High.
    I have to agree my GTX 1070 gets a bit hot, but manageable.
    Enjoying the sim every time I can drive it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. plaid

plaid Alien

I guess As a dev Often you dont have Many choices and if its you First experience you may Face problems. In the past there were Often a significant difference between Epic Games and devs how licensed it.
    Pc Gaming means expensive upgrades and People mostly want good graphics (imo the artdesign/presentation is more important).
    If the listed requirements Are correct and there Are no big problems like stuttering you know what to expect.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I noticed LK had liked my post.
    I don’t think that means he is rubbing his hands together knowing he has my bard earned cash.

The game cost me the price of a couple of pints and a bag of chips. I knew at the time (EA) it was going to be a gamble but that was fine.
    I have played it for around 180 and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.
    If it ceased to continue I would be disappointed but would still be grateful for the enjoyment I have had for the price I paid.

There is a lot of negativity on these and other forums, and moaners seem to have the loudest voices. There are those of us who love the sim and are more than happy with what we have now compared to what it cost us.

trasgu, Coanda, Nd4spdvn and 17 others like this.
  5. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

Well about perfomance... There're my potato calculator: i5-3570K 3.40GHz; GTX 660; 16Gb RAM. On 900p and most settings low, some high, 16 cars it runs stable 55-60 fps. Only problem is I have to set texture to Epic because of bug. I would prefer it to be on mid. But even with that I like my picture. No need to be sooo fancy/ultra epic, just nice picture wil be fine.
    So game optimized but still have bugs that cause lags.

6. ignission

ignission Simracer

I get over 100 FPS on a 5 year old system. GTX980, i7 4 something K, 16mb of ram. Hardly a NASA machine.

I don’t get upset by consumable media, but you clearly do as there is such a negative tone to a lot of your contributions.

Does this attitude extend to other areas of your social life? You give out the impression that you are a glass half empty guy. Stop surrounding yourself with things that make you unhappy if that’s the case and focus on things that make you feel happy.

Coanda, Jebus, robbio71 and 2 others like this.
  7. Of course mate :)

This sentence sounds just negative and I don't think it's justified in case of Kunos.

This is basically not true. Have a look at my system specs. It's far away of any NASA computer (maybe close to the first Apollo thingy) and the game runs quite decent at a mix of high and epic settings.

Greets After_Midnight

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just as a small feedback regarding the post/thread by @pankykapus regarding the current work:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...fix-targets-in-advance-for-1-0-6-1-0-7.59126/

Maybe it would be a good format to release a sort of newsletter every week, second week, month … to give a short notice of the current work being done.
    Eagle Dynamics does that for DCS and it's a great way to stay informed and also get notice of the changes that are happening.
    Make that into one thread (like the one that is current there), then people can subscribe to the thread and get notified when there is an update.

M96, NeoGrotesk and Weron like this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What Kunos is doing here is just crazy...pure dedication and quality work. Current state of ACC might still lack quality but looking at the thread mentioned above and also the backend change thread by Minolin, it becomes obvious that issues are being worked on at full pace.

Also, the new forum section and the improved communication...just wow. I don't see at all how someone could insinuate that Kunos has made its profits and now abandons the game...must be a matter of very, very selective perception if this happens.

I'm looking forward very much to performance improvements and also the tyre model changes aimed at improving curb behaviour. Both Aris and Panky have put out very confident statements on this :)

10. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Bit off topic, but just want to share. I bought and yesterday installed this:
    https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Accel...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CD94KYZ50BSCZZGEZ55E
    My GPU temps went down between 20c and 15c. With ACC it barely hits 60c while before it was near the 75c (hot and humid weather where I live).
    A bit tricky the process of removing previous cooler system and installing the new one, but I believe got it right.

Whitestar and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Is there any chance to modify the AI setups for the individual cars?

12. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hello everyone,

since when do we receive this notification by posting a message ??? , "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Did this happen to other people?

jörgen wahlby likes this.
  13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

14. Turk

Turk Alien

There seems to be a naritive being pushed that ACC performance is universally poor. On racedepartment I see guys jump in with a list that really only applies to people using VR and triples, basically people pushing the software and hardware to it's limits. It really feels like they haven't actually played the game they just read these things somewhere and throw them into discussion for some reason.

The performance issues are mostly for people that are doing VR or triples, if I run ACC on my single screen it looks great, I can run it with way higher settings. I can play the game on a single screen if graphics were that important to me. I will accept lower graphics to get the VR experience.

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Kunos earned money? When I read, I laughed for a long time. No, maybe they are not at a loss, but you can make good money on simraising only by subscription, as I believe. IR as an example.

It is a pity that Kunos does not want to take me to work. Yes, I do not know Italian, but I am sure that we would make a cool shooter, collect pre-orders, and release another clone and everyone would be happy :rolleyes:And the next year we repeat. And Ferrari we will not only in the game.
    sarcasm:)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Is there, or could there be, a way where you can disable to popup during replays and you can just control the replay using hotkeys instead of the HUD-keys? Would make recording highlights (thus creating content) a lot easier. :(

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Doesn't look like it.

There was a way to make any AI using one model of car use a custom setup in AC1 but that also wasn't working for the entire setup. For ACC I'm not sure there's necessarily a need for it, as the default setups that the AI can use are already good and the one class of cars realistically balanced.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I agree ^. If you didn't already know the Ai use the safe setup and not the aggressive default setup.

19. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

If that would be possible it would be a fine way to test setups: you do the changes and the IA test their performance for you :p. Surely somewhere someone is thinking in use deep learning to automatically develop the ultimate setups at any sim, maybe just lacking proccesing power to do it.

20. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

@trasgu Probably not only in sim and in general/IRL cars. Some car manufacrure (german perhaps ;)) developing ultra setup "bot", that makes perfect car settings. :D:D:D