1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

Any body had a bad performance hit with the latest Nvidia drivers. Last night my fps was terrible for the first time .The only thing Iv changed is the updated driver yesterday.No problem in the other sims.

NeutroNi likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia Beta Options in GFE with latest Drivers FILTERS!! Jan 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Latest Nvidia drivers 387.92 Issues with AC Oct 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room struggling with nvidia drivers Dec 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room In light of the recent buggy Nvidia drivers Nov 10, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa 5FPS with Nvidia drivers? Nov 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia drivers for win7? Oct 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues A lot lower fps and performance since 1.3.3 (solved installing nvidia 355.98 drivers) Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple buffer broken in recent nvidia drivers? Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Latest nvidia drivers cashes Apr 10, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Massive drop in fps (solved reinstalling nvidia drivers) Mar 19, 2015

3. its.me

its.me Racer

No change of FPS on my side.

4. dek

dek Racer

I had this effect after accidentally installing NVidia Experience and letting it optimise ACC. After that all was on low but I had half frame rate than before. Deleted it and restored old setting and all was back to normal.

For me it was NE not driver or ACC fault.

5. Glygoo

Glygoo Rookie

No problems here.

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

yeah don't use NE to optimize any AC game, puts it on VR etc....lol

7. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

Iv rolled back the driver while it's running better iv not got the performance I had .I have been playing around alot with graphics settings and also vr so could be Iv lost track of previous settings.Im gonna investigate later.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ahh the wonderful world of PC gaming, you spend hours optimising stuff only for Nvidia/AMD/Microsoft/Whoever to update something and land you straight back at the star with a weird and unknown issue to work through

f.e.negroni likes this.
  9. neslane

neslane Rookie

I can confirm this....
    FPS is breaking down by 80-90% GPU Usage (RivaTuner OSD Info) on my system. Before the update i had most of the times smooth 60fps (vsync on and fps limit on monitor refresh time). Now i its going under 60 fps and gives me bad stuttering.

10. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

+1
    after update to latest version i noticed a strange GPU usage in MSI AB
    will revert to previous version

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

true. dont let NE optimize any gameit's rubbish software..

uelas_77 and Whitestar like this.
  12. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

At first I thought that it seemed to me that fps sometimes stutters. And then I remembered that I also updated the nvidia drivers :)

But this happens only with replays.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Fair few people are having issues with latest Nvidia drivers it seems. The iRacing guys have also had some performance problems

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the heads up guys :)

15. its.me

its.me Racer

I have to change my feedback. I had no issues in practice mode, but in race mode (GPU load higher) I had stuttering. I reverted to previous driver and the stuttering is gone.

16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I'm guessing you guys are about the 431.36 drivers, if so they are not coming with good reports over at Guru3d, and if you look here and over there the common dinominator is Win 10 that great bit of software..:p

its.me and esox71 like this.
  17. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Well I have always kept my drivers up to date and obviously downloaded this newest one.
    Went to play ACC and my Oculus Rift wouldn't fire up and just had a black screen.
    I could still hear the sounds, but no picture at all.
    I tried just the Rift itself, in Oculus Home and no change at all, just a blank screen.
    Tried unplugging it and putting it back in and trying different USB ports, but nothing worked.
    I even tried resetting up my Rift as if it was a new one, but again, just a blank screen.
    In OH (on the desktop) it shows in devices that its working fine.

I have now uninstalled the newest nvidia driver and rolling back tot he previous ones.

chksix likes this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the warning

19. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I must admit immediately after the upgrade things didn't look right straight away, but I then discovered my system needed a .Net patch (I'm on Windows 1903) and bios too needed an upgrade, including the ME and microcode... long story short it now works same as before for me.
    Maybe try a clean install instead of an express upgrade if that's what you did.

esox71 likes this.
  20. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Except for using it only for installing new drivers. Easy peasy. ;)

21. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I believe need to return to the previous version. As always, updating the video driver is a lottery. And usually losing)