1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit stops: Basic primer needed

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Strummer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I have searched these boards and the Internet diligently but still have questions. I am an experienced sim racer but new to ACC and want to get up to speed quickly so I would appreciate responses to these remaining questions/assumptions. Many thanks.

- What is the best way to practice pit stops? They are not available in practice/qualifying sessions, right? So would the most efficient way be to set up a 15-minute sprint race? And is it possible to save/reload at the point that the pit window opens so I can practice?

- I have switched off ignition and auto-start functions and mapped buttons. Should I put the pit limiter on manual too?

- Can pit stop settings only be seen or edited during races by using the in-car MFD display?

- When individual events require certain tasks to be accomplished during a pit stop (such as driver change and tires for sprint racing) will these be pre-selected by the sim or does the driver have to pre-select these items in the setup or MFD menu?

I'm just trying to optimise my limited time and minimise frustration -- and I have searched around, without much success -- so all helpful response would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nitrado pitstops Mar 13, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI behavior on pit stops Nov 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI pit stops. I discovered the error, but you can only solve it. Jun 12, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse throttle won't stop in pitstops Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room UK GT3 League - 60 mins - pit stops - saturdays Jan 17, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit stops - am I doing sth wrong or is this a bug? Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards post 1.8 update: under Driver, Statistics, Track & Tyre selection for pitstops Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Gameplay ACC - Pitstops Sep 16, 2021
    ACC Gameplay New fuel tank capacities don't work at pitstops Feb 14, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Pit Stops - Please fix... Nov 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Enabling controller for pit stops on console Nov 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot change HUD with wheel (Pit stops) Oct 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Love/hate (pit stops) Sep 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why to many Pit Stops 1hr race PS4 Sep 8, 2020

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

-Fire up the 3-6-24h endurance race..and you can pit as many time as you want..

-I believe manual pit limiter and engine off and on will be faster (and cooler? :D)

-In your car setup menu you can choose pit stop strategy number (N° pitstop) and select it while driving and that pit stop is gonna be done (From what i got in instructions i read around forums)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- MFD menu and you will be able to choose are what driver is next or disable driver swap if you are staying in. (idk how this work in multiplayer yet will 2nd driver be able to set up car etc. )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

This is very welcome, thank you. Two quick follow-up questions:

- Does the “Pit Strategy 5” indication mean that at least 5 separate pit stop instructions can be set in advance?

- Is it possible, in a race against the AI, to hand off my own car to an AI teammate? I would be fascinated to watch that happen.

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

- Yes number of N° Pitstop is like 50 i belive so you can set up 50 different pit stop strategies :D if you want ofc...
    (so on above screenshots you see N° pit stop on 1 but after that screenshot i swapped to number 5 and set it to be Wet tires. 2nd screenshot is me in race and swapping to the pit stop strategy 5 )

- At the moment no.. but hopefully in the future it will be the thing..so you can actually do proper driver swaps

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Stopping in your box works in any session and I suspect it may use pit strategy 1 if you have one enabled. As you come in it will tell you to stop engine then jack up car and say controls locked for x seconds. This then drops your car and you need to fire it up to get going again. That does pretty much allow you to practice the driving part of the stop but it would be good if the pit MFD was available in any session to practice full stops in any sessions.

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I believe now we can use MFD anytime

From 1.0.5 changelog
    - The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The pit MFD hasnt worked for me in any session but race as yet, I think maybe its only related to driver changes and I havent tried that yet or had a server setup with multiple drivers.

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

You might be right this could be for multiplayer and driver swaps

10. Just for multiplayer, if driver swaps is active.

11. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I’m singleplayer only for the time being until I get up to speed on all the mechanics, especially pitstops and mapping my wheel buttons the way I want. I am going to experiment more with pitstops today in the hope of understanding the process and limitations fully (in SP anyway) but I must admit I am still floundering a bit. My understanding was that no pitstop functionality applies in any SP practice session except for the presence of the highlighted box. I am hoping that by ordering up a 15 minute, 2 sprint-race session, I will get the opportunity to pit in the window and by doing an endurance race, I will be able to pit any time. I know there will be limitations on the pit services available for the former event and that I need to activate the pit strategy properly in my setup menu. Does this make sense? I know when I get it, it will stay “got”, but the process has not embedded itself in my brain quite yet so I appreciate all your help.