1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are you satisfied with the Unreal engine in simracing?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ace Pumpkin, Jul 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Are you satisfied with the Unreal engine in simracing?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2019.
  1. Yes

45.1%
  2. No

34.6%
  3. Not decided yet

20.3%
  1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yes, well thank you for thinking about us poor poor users with 3 – that's three – huge flat screens mounted to our rig. :D
    ;)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Damn you, rich kids :D

3. come on guys.. it was just an unfortunate comment (the 3rd in this thread from him :D )... I think we can move on now :)

Whitestar and chksix like this.
  4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I was trying to figure out what exactly was misinterpreted...
    I think @geanmimi mistook "I, personally, are very happy with UE4 on my single screen setup" as @Felge Schneider questioning the need for triple screen support at all.

geanmimi likes this.
  5. geanmimi

geanmimi Gamer

we will say that.

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yeah I hardly have the space for three screens between all those stacks of money and gold bars :D

Whitestar, chksix, Dookie and 6 others like this.
  7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

To be honest I would have been a triple screen user if I had space for them. But then VR arrived and this was perfect for me.

But I also hope triple screen is properly supported by ACC in the future of course!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Tim Meuris and jaxx_za like this.
  8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Still early for me to say how this all turns out, but so far i'm not a huge fan.

Things that bother me with UE4:
    -Bluriness of dash and environment until you get really close (TAA)
    -tree/shadow popping as you approach
    -lack of triple screen support
    -heavy resource requirements
    -VR is too blurry and not crisp

Compared to some of the other engines, it does have a lot of eye candy but the lack of sharpness really bothers me. I much rather get the predrawn environments like we saw in AC and iRacing then what I am seeing with this engine at the moment.

Tim Meuris and menos | M6 like this.
  9. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

My hope, if ACC sticks with the UE4 engine, and other simracing titles migrate to it, is that Epic works with the simracing title developers and gives the engine a simracing twist.
    Right now I’m enjoying what ACC brings that is superior to other titles, and I’m looking forward to a nice long stream of small but regular updates, hopefully reducing some of the niggles in the current implementation (for me that’s shadows appearing out of nowhere...)

10. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't see how they could change now. It's not like UE is a mod that can be turned on or off, I'd assume it's a fundamental part of the game at this stage. Changing would be the equivalent of trying to remove the first 3 rows of bricks from a house that's completed and has been lived in for 2 years.

This is the problem with being innovative, you don't know for sure what the finished article will look like until it's actually done. But it does mean Kunos is ahead of the game.

11. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Yeah, you’re right. Should have written ‘Kunos’

12. geanmimi

geanmimi Gamer

I think and I hope that a specification was established before launching the project, the problems with the graphics engine were known, unless the people of Epic Games have made a promise that they have trouble in solve. Unless virtual reality has been the only solution, but only the people of Kunos know it. Too bad because this engine is beautiful.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

It couldn't be known because it hadn't been tried yet. It's never good practice to assume that plans on paper will turn out as expected once they're introduced to the real world. It doesn't matter how much effort you put into preparation once you start forcing something to do things it's never done before there are going to be unforeseen issues.

jaxx_za likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's a good saying that forging a plan removes the possible outcomes by exactly one :D

NeoGrotesk, Whitestar, Dookie and 9 others like this.
  15. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Sounds like a version of murphy's law.

16. Look on the bright side Kunos Devs, imagine how the big the thread would have been if you had used the AC1 engine instead of UE4.:oops::D

17. I'll never have the proof but I'd be prepared to bet the thread would look exactly the same :p

18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

We fail to appreciate the effort that went into getting VR working so early on. F1 2019, as a AAA release, lacks VR and there is no plan to add afaik.

Considering that Codies has a significantly bigger team to get it done, having VR in ACC is a testament to the ethos of Kunos.

chksix, Micii1, warth0g and 4 others like this.
  19. I play in VR and it's fine, the project has its bugs and isn't properly finished but for a driving experience, its sublime and i cannot stop driving in it. A testament to a masterpiece of sim racing. Keep going Kunos you will get there. And a question to the devs , will Nvidia Ansel be implemented when graphical issues have been addressed?

Hobi likes this.
  20. Adastros

Adastros Racer

high risks, high rewards, and i think if we don't have compagny like KUNOS sim racing would be stuck in the past.
    Now, we just need EPIC GAMES to listen to KUNOS and the simracers.