1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1000 hours Acc..

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by p.g.49, Jul 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

4216 in AC and 516 in ACC.
    It must be said that these titles are so addictive because of their quality.

2. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

For two weeks 70 hours, as I recall. I think this is a bid to win. :)

Work during the day and personal affairs do not allow me to play more in the evening, so I play at night and cannot bring myself to sleep earlier)

aaaape and p.g.49 like this.
  3. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

What's drawing me to sim-racing these days (other than the brilliance of ACC) is their pick up and play nature. I can have a fulfilling experience without having to dedicate large amounts of time at a go.

A few years back, I bought (and tried to play :() Witcher 3 - awesome game but I just could not fit it in. It was either taking time away from the family, or sleep. So I gave up after about 20 or 30 hours or so. Since then I haven't bought another non-sim title. Now with Cyberpunk 2077 on the horizon, I'm tempted again, but I know I will never do the title justice.

Also used to play a lot of DCS in VR, but stopped once ACC EA launched. Getting back in means having to re-learn the F18/A10 systems all over again, which I'm not too keen on.

So right now I am very thankful for ACC.

aaaape likes this.
  4. It's OK, you're not addicted as there 8760 hours in a year lol

anthonylroy, aaaape and jaxx_za like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah well, except picking up and playing ACC is actually really time-consuming in my experience. Sure I can start it up and do a few laps on my own and then just drop out. But a whole race, or race weekend (which is supposed to be the focus of the game)? Takes a lot of time.

And so far for offline race weekends there's no driver swap to AI or in-session saving state, so for me endurance racing isn't going to happen until that's implemented. Certainly not going to keep ACC paused and running in the background.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

2281 AC
    170 ACC

Family commitments nowadays prevents ACC being higher...

7. quazar1973

quazar1973 Gamer

I've had ACC since EA and have clocked up 39 hours in game and 236 in AC.

I work as an IT technician at a high school and the last thing I want to do when I get home on some occasions is use a computer. Having said that I have fun in the game so who cares how long I've played it for as long as I'm entertained :) The down sound of not playing it more often is that every time I get back in a car I feel like I'm learning the car and track all over again.

p.g.49 likes this.
  8. major_tom_sr

major_tom_sr Rookie

I have 1072 h til Today in ACC. ;)

9. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

10. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

77 here:)
    Great job fello sim racers with all your hours , we should all be commended for playing the heck out of the sim to help out the devs:)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  12. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

OP, scary that you've wasted roughly 41 full days (1000hrs / 24) on a game, that will neither improve or enhance anything in your life. this is time that you never really get back bro. i'd really suggest you have a re-think about things

13. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

But he could drink beer in a bar all this time ... or drink beer on the couch and watch football

anthonylroy, Ace Pumpkin and Romneyb like this.
  14. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

yeah, but lots of positive things as well.. such as investing that time and money into your own education, or to get work experience, or even perhaps to spend that time with family and friends in a non anti-social way. point is, this ACC thing is a game designed for entertainment.... it should be treated as such,

in summary - too much of anything is a bad thing

15. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Each one's life, each one's perception of things, his education, each individual manages the time he has in this way, questioning principles
    sociability, education and family because he spent a time X on what he appreciates at a given moment, is absolutely no waste of time.

this may have developed some cognitive functions, and thus somehow optimized a transfer of skills that is a very good thing.

From a different point of view I do not go to the bakery to say that eating too much bread is not good.

cool;)

Ace Pumpkin, D.Jankovic and Rolz like this.
  16. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

you are right, each one's life is his own. however, self moderation/self control are skills that are severely lacking in todays time. most of us dont realise this is an issue, until a friend, colleague or psycho-therapist brings it to your attention

17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I see nothing wrong with putting many hours into something you like doing. Look at Lucas Ordanez who probably put thousands of hours in gran turismo for crying out loud and look at what he is doing now.

18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Still 260h.
    I took a break recently (work, family...), but I’ll come back soon :)

19. aaaape

aaaape Racer

....Slacker

anthony galmiche likes this.
  20. How many of those hours are AFK?
    (no offense)

I discard such statistics because it is not limited to PLAYED time.

Most the gamers I encounter admit they left a game running all day unplayed... many times for days straight.

Anyone could rack up 1,000+ hours by simply leaving the game running all day since release.
    A laptop, for example, would allow it even with a power outtage.