1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Lamborghini Huracán GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 22, 2018.

1. dek

dek Racer

You have to have less weight transfer to the back what is given by the stiff front and less travel it has. In addition you can stiffen the low speed rebound on the front or/and the low speed bump at the rear that will assist in having less weight transfer.

That applies to low speed corners as the high speeds are more aero relevant.

Viggdred and A-Jin like this.
  2. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Thanks for info i don't know anything on how to setup dampers and bumpstop maybe aris will make a detailed post about these 2 or better include full explanation in-game menu.

3. dek

dek Racer

There are plenty of setup books out there.
    I got my knowledge from there and talking to engineers at the track ( and trying to get some info out of them:p)

There are some basics to tire usage/temps and car balance/weight transfer who you most can use on every cars because they simply base on the physics having on a gravity influenced planet:D.

A-Jin likes this.
  4. trutya

trutya Simracer

i was at T1 in the GT Open event last weekend, at Red Bull Ring.
    it was amazing, how much more agressive the Lambo behaved than any other car.
    while the other cars were quite stable in general through and out of T1, the lambos were crackling through the whole corner, from when they went through the inside curb.

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Sometimes i wonder that this power on understeer present in mid engine and rear engine gt3 cars is not due to weight bias but rather grip to power ratio(made up word).Because if you watch powerful road car reviews (chris harris ones) he always talks how you can adjust the lines or cancel out understeer with just power which seems to be barely possible with these cars as rear grip is plenty but not enough power hence front end runs out of grip and you can't neutralise it.
    Although FR cars especially BMW have plenty of power for their weight bias making them much better out of corners.

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Aristotelis Does new EVO version needs to run stiff front end as well? because i heard they fixed the pitch issue so evo version should not have to compromise the setup like old one hence getting rid of power understeer(mostly).

7. Metzger

Metzger Racer

What's the proper way of at least partially cure the throttle oversteer while still keeping the setup fairly on the safe side ?
    I feel the safe setups way too understeery and aggressive ones too twitchy and oversteery, trying to achieve something in between but not much success so far.

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Aristotelis May i ask you to tell us some interesting changes to new evo car ?
    Like i noticed new front flicks are much bigger now. I really like reading such details but there is very little information on internet.
    Please share some info if possible and ofcourse if you are free.

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/news/lamborghini-huracan-gt3-evo-evolution-track

Aerodynamics

The design work required more than one year, with a particular focus on the aerodynamics, conceived in collaboration with Dallara, the Parma-based company with over 40 years of motorsport experience. New solutions have considerably increased the aerodynamic load to further improve stability and reduce pitch sensitivity.

The front features significant modifications regarding the splitter, with a pronounced leading edge, and the hood. Made of carbon fiber to replace the fiberglass, thanks to the large central rib borrowed from the Huracán Super Trofeo Evo, it further improves the cooling capacity of the radiator. The bumper has new lateral recesses that house two large flicks to ensure a high front downforce. The rear is dominated by the large carbon fiber wing, with ends modeled with two twists that optimize the aerodynamic efficiency, aided by the diffuser with redesigned fins.

Mechanics

The development of the mechanics led to a modification of the kinematics of the front suspension, supported by arms no longer made of steel but of billet aluminum, improving the rolling phase and the connection between the two axles. The rear axle also received important updates: new hubs, bearings and axle shafts with the use of tripods instead of constant-velocity joints for greater transmission efficiency and easy maintenance. The Öhlins shock absorbers have been changed as well, now four-way, to ensure optimal control during the rolling phase, confronting curbs at high speeds.

Electronics

Noteworthy in the electronics is the introduction of the EHPS, Electro Hydraulic Power Steering, already successfully tested on the Huracán Super Trofeo Evo, with a switch to adjust the level of power steering assistance while running. The ABS new as well, with the adoption of the recent Bosch ABS M5 for absolute control during braking.

Engine

Propulsion is entrusted to the 5.2 liter aspirated V10 derived from the engine used in the latest generation of road Huracáns, which adopt new camshafts and titanium valves to optimize drivability and provide greater reliability in endurance races.

Liveability

The Huracán GT3 EVO is a new point of reference in the panorama of GT3 cars also in terms of liveability and safety. The redesigned roll cage facilitates access to the roof hatch and offers optimum comfort even for taller drivers.

The new car can be ordered now and all the current GT3s can be updated with a dedicated EVO kit. The Huracán GT3 EVO will make its track debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January 2019.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/huracan/first-drive-0

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

While this is good info but i've read it already. it doesn't quite translate what to expect in-game changes.
    Like in porsche post aris explained that new porsche has moved the engine further,new front suspension that works with less static camber etc.
    This kind of detail info is only available to devs.
    I know they can't give away all the specifications of car but i believe aris has some more details that is not available on internet and he can translate us better what it means i.e what changes can we expect from new car etc.

Edit: Also on website there are generally only specs are given but since i don't know what the given suspension can do or new brake or aero etc i have very little idea of what it can achieve.
    so maybe aris can tell us what improvements can we expect relative to old model.

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

All those mentioned Porsche changes are available on Porsches Websites as well.

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I did not see the changes in position on engine placement there also what these changes mean to user are not explained on website, like on porsche website i saw new front suspension but via aris and some forum members info i got more details on how it improves on 991.1 model suspension etc.
    Besides like i said some of these things can be explained better by devs.
    Like all car related post by aris is very good and rare info available , which i did not find on net.

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Maybe you just need to dig deeper.

14. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/...o-huge-change-in-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-evo/

15. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

I'd also add that, at least usually, the eye test is useful.

Old Lambo: Flat splitter, big diffuser. Lots of downforce, but possible to "choke" off the airflow under the car and lose downforce, like if the front ride height is too low going into the compression at Eau Rouge.

Evo: Ferrari-like "funnel" splitter, big diffuser. Lots of downforce, probably more drag, but that bigger high-pressure pocket in front of the "inlet" to the underbody airflow ensures a more constant flow.

I imagine that the Huracan Evo will be closer to the Ferrari in terms of what aero adjustments it takes, only with less drag. It's possible (totally guessing here) that, just like the Ferrari, negative rake will be necessary on the lower downforce tracks.

It's a little ironic that Sellers was talking about the car being MORE pitch sensitive, when all indications point to the Evo cars being less pitch sensitive by design. My interpretation is that, since they mentioned they trimmed out the rear wing to get similar downforce numbers, that the front is producing much more downforce and thus the balance is shifted forward. That article is from when they had just gotten the car.

(Then again, who am I - I don't have the "aero book" and they definitely did.)

There are teams still running the non-Evo Huracan, especially in GT Open. I imagine that version produces less drag, and the Evo will cede some of the Huracan's top speed advantage in favor of more front downforce. (Sellers mentions more drag in that interview, too.)

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Nice info much appreciated

17. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Guys, I use the hammock but I'm a little in difficulty with elò heights, can you give me some tips for some tracks to do tests? Thanks

Ps. Preferably Monza, Zolder, Nurb or Barcelona (tracks I tried different setups).

18. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Really 2018y better than EVO?
    It is more predictable. I tried both safe and aggressive settings (+ own).

It seemed to me that 2018 is less "jerky" and have better brakes. Am I wrong? Placebo? Self-confidence?

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The old Lambo is closer to 2015 isn’t it?
    It varies by track, the new car suffers with BOP on some tracks compared to old car. Zolder is the worst of them. Haven’t found too many issues with others

20. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yep, season 2018, car - 2015, thanks )

I thought 2015 was less slide prone, more progressive brakes. The EVO has to shift the brakes back and do ABS by 2-3, while the 4-5 on the 2015 car does the same, but stably and confidently. My tests were on Monza, Nurb. This is strange. :confused::eek:

Perhaps EVO requires more detailed configuration, while 2015 can be used pre-installed and do nothing. Except that it's TC and ABS - to liking.

Upd: yeah, 2018y car has different ABS - it is Bosch M5. I don't know dev consider that or not, but it looks like consider.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019