1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Humiliated in Career Stage 1, humiliated I say!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Strummer, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I just didn’t get along with the Lamborghini. Couldn’t trail-brake, couldn’t get it to turn in, it drove like a snow-plow to me. At the end of the four required laps I was 8 sec off the AI leader! 8 sec! My best lap was a 2:01.xx. I was horrified and my humiliation was complete when the game suggested I do the career in Easy mode. I am no alien but I can hold my own against AI at 90% usually but this was horrible! Can anyone shed any light on my complete failure to drive this bloody Lambo at anything approaching fast??

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No points in career mode Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze when click continue after the first career race Mar 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can you add more AI in career Apr 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [solved] Career progression lost (saved career desync from progression) Apr 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - weird handling after pitstop at paul ricard Mar 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox Series X Career - Sim CTD after Silverstone 3h race Mar 10, 2022

3. What car do you normally drive? The different cars in ACC each require their own driving styles. Read the Lamborghini blog.

Strummer likes this.
  4. regis902

regis902 Rookie

I found the same thing. I’m not awesome at driving, but I don’t know how I could have possibly made up the 8 seconds or so that I was behind the leader.

Strummer likes this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haven’t started SP yet as I’m mostly in it for the MP. I’m guessing this is the REX Lambo? What’s the track/conditions? And what lap times are you doing?

6. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I had the same experience. I think there's something really wrong in that... pass those test and the laptimes and.opponents are ok amd normal.

Strummer likes this.
  7. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

So sitting first time in an Gt3 Machine, and be not even near good times is ok in term of career mode

Strummer likes this.
  8. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks, gents. I think the whole thing is meant to be a bit humbling. The car is a brick and the AI (supposedly fellow rookies) are ridiculously quick. It’s a relief to know that the humiliation is limited to this episode. I’d rather drive the Career on the sim-imposed Easy mode than go through this again!​

9. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

did you use the safe setup or the aggressive?
    safe setups are garbage! understeering like hell. you cant drive fast(er) with this setups.
    use the aggressive and be soft on the right foot ;)

Strummer likes this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Guilty as charged. I chose the “safe” setup because this challenge was supposed to be about safety and consistency but the car just plowed. And what’s odd about a series where gear ratios are set in stone is that the Lambo was dead in the water in first gear. I suppose some fiddling with the LSD might help with this but I was just glad to get the challenge behind me. If they make me drive any more tractors in the Career, I will give it up, it’s just no fun. I am far from the fastest but I’ve never been off the pace by 8 sec to anything at Monza, and certainly not in a same-type session!

11. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

Yes, first event AI drive like 200%, but after you setup difficulty they ok and like AI in single events. But if you can keep up this 90% AI then Easy mode will be too esay for you and you can't change difficulty later. At least I didn't find how.

12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Forget about these first test drives.
    Choose your difficulty level you like, choose your car and start the season.
    And during the season also don't care about the results or bonus points, because there are no championship points, so the race weekends are not conntected to a overall championship, there are just stand alone race weekends. Also the bonus points aren't used in any way. They are just there.
    So just drive race after race and don't think too much about it.

romandevision and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yep, same here. Was totally obliterated by the ai first round in career mode....
    Made me think about choosing the wrong hobby... :eek::)

Strummer likes this.
  14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Since the beginning I had no problem the AI, even in the first events in super trofer, I play with AI at 100% with and it’s perfect for me. I actually think that they would be to slow for really fast guys.

Ace Pumpkin and Strummer like this.