1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. hkuza

hkuza Rookie

Thank you both for your replies. And yes trasgu is very much right, I obviously see that they brake later than me and get on the power at the right times, but I can't see what I want to see to try and improve, it's not like I haven't tried to brake later than I do ahah.
    I am relying on ABS way too much for sure, and TC as well... But I wanted to see how they get on the power (and steer angle and what not) and how to get on and off the brakes.
    Oversteer and understeer graphs from some fast guys would be awesome to see, though that has to do with driving style a lot.

Obviously I'm not asking to share some world record times or wtv but I wanted to see a dry optimum calm stint of a fast guy and just try and make sense of something. I am really really a begginner at analysing this data (or sim racing lol), but the workspace given with ACC seems pretty helpful already without having to mess with any equations or what not. It would be really cool to see, probably not just to me.

If there are any telemetry files on the forum I can't seem to find them. The car... Lexus or Ferrari :D though the Audi would be also really interesting to me as I really can't drive it. Any car would be nice.

@trasgu I really am guilty of many of those mistakes. I will get TC and ABS off the next time I'm able to play (which is in more than a week) so I'm trying to figure out everything I do wrong, which is a lot so.... yeah.... but the more mistakes and bad driving technique that I'm aware of, the better. and for now I am sticking to Spa, I love many other tracks but I after getting all track medals I am focusing on fully learning each track...

Spa was always one of my fav tracks, though I wish Blancpain ran Hockenheimring

2. Y22 Rydr

Y22 Rydr Rookie

Before I submit a trouble ticket... Is anyone able to get information on the oversteer channel for the NSX? I get everything else. Also, I don't have this issue with Nissan. I am experiencing the problem at the two tracks I have tried (Paul Ricard and Monza)

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just noticed this, somehow missed it completely.

Thanks for implementing MoTeC support and also for getting them to approve of it.
    I loved it in GTR2 and I will definitely make use of it for this one. :)

FezzantPlucka likes this.
  4. Cefirofun

Cefirofun Rookie

Guys, I need your help. The time has come when I can no longer move faster, and I decided to study this program for analysis. My game after installation (as described above) does not record telemetry data. The downloaded data from other users is working properly. And in the system tray, I see this window. I apologize for my bad english. Снимок.PNG

5. Cefirofun

Cefirofun Rookie

поблагодарить. сейчас это работает.

6. n1lyn

n1lyn Racer

I have an issue that i cant get motec to create the track map for two laps. It will always only show one map with the first selected lap. but it does not create a 2nd map when i select a 2nd lap by using one of the squared fields behind the laptime. any ideas?

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/697e3306810c06670df9a19f57b969d0

7. Big_Racer

Big_Racer Rookie

Hi all, i have the following issue: I set the telemetry laps in setup to 2 and I only getting the export when I leave the session. Mode was practice on nuerburg and drive 4 laps then go to pit. No motec data available. Then drove again 4 laps back to pits still no motec data available. The back to main menu and motec data were stored. Any ideas why if have this behavior? Faced this behaviour more than once.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I was under the impression that is the default and intended behaviour. You drive your session, end the session and it saves the last n [amount to save that you set in the setup] laps.

9. Big_Racer

Big_Racer Rookie

I thought that it stores everytime I leave the pit a file and not only after the session ends. (Session means for me practice or quali. So if I leave the pit 3 times in practice I expect 3 files in the motec folder. Current behaviour creates only 1 file after switching back to main menu.

10. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Right now it is like you experienced, it is annoying but such is life. When the devs free themselves from the mountain of work they have right now surely they will fix this issue. IRL the teams don't gather the telemetry data once per session, they download the data every time the car comes to the pits, that it is the behaviour that we all expect.

menos | M6 likes this.
  11. Big_Racer

Big_Racer Rookie

Thanks for the information.

12. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I'm exactly in the same situation. Cannot get any faster but lines seems to me the same of "others", braking points, the far allowed by the setup and cannot get where and "how" I can be faster. CC just tells me where I do wrong, but no clue on how to improve. So I start looking at telemetry data.
    From solely my own data I can see that I tend to understeer in most of the turns, hence not using all the lateral grip (or speed). But to compare laps with other (fast) guys would be very useful. No any "telemetry data bank" available? We shall open one. Don't' think aliens shall be afraid that newbies will overtake them any soon.

ernie wright likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Regarding the track creation:
    The corresponding data exists already in ACC (e.g. in the AI helper files, if it's the same as in AC). Can't we just use that data to generate the track map?

14. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

trying the Motec I noticed that the ride heights are missing.
    I think it's an important fact because we can't hear if the car touches or not while in reality the pilot can hear.

15. n1lyn

n1lyn Racer

I added a maths channel where I would just take my ride height from the setup and substract the suspension travel. Though this results in negative values sometimes, so I'm not sure whats happening there :D

16. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

Struggling to understand how to have the correct track maps loaded and do not have to recreate every time. I tried to rename the file under "Track Maps" folder with the Track name, but not always working (same car on another track do not use the correct one).

I googled quite a lot, but no luck. Any solution here?

17. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

Excuse me if this has been asked before.
    But how come there's a limit of 30 laps of telemetry?
    In many cases that won't be a full stint. So if you want to get a full perspective, and maybe want to analyze specific moments in a longer race, you really can't.

And on another note: Personally I feel it's a bit of a clumsy implementation in the game, having to select the amount of laps of telemetry. Every time you enter a new session, you have to remember to enable the telemetry.
    This might just be me, but having a toggle switch for telemetry on/off, that's persistent between sessions, would be preferable, so you don't sit there, wanting to anaylze a stint you just did, just to realise you forgot to enable telemetry.
    - I know there are some pretty obvious drawbacks in terms of clutter, when you just have telemetry files piling up automatically, but maybe an autosave system that only keep data for a limited time, unless you renamed / moved the file, could be a solution to that.

Those are just some of my thoughts.

Apart from that I have a question in terms of the API for applications like SimHub, to use.
    Currently it doesn't seem possible to track TC, ABS, MAP-levels(only activation). Also BIAS seem to have gone missing(worked not too long ago, although the data was the raw bias data, and not with the implemented offset to match real life values).
    I suppose all of this 'missing' data is related to what the telemetry is recording in the first place.

So my question here is: What are the plans(if any) to expand the current API/Telemetry to incorporate data like this?
    @Aristotelis

18. Remember that suspension travel isn't zeroed in the data. For example I ran the Huracan yesterday with the default suspension setup, and while stationary in pit lane the front was showing 13mm of travel with the rear giving 23mm. How negative are your readings going?

I don't know for certain what is being measured by the 'SUS_TRAVEL' channels, meaning is it damper travel or wheel travel as they will both be different depending on the motion ratio within the suspension setup. @Aristotelis possibly you could shine some light on which it is?

Also I'm guessing a positive displacement reading translates to compression of the spring?

19. IRL it depends on whether GT3 teams usually run with ride height lasers. Unless a car is designed to accommodate them, with a specific mounting position and hole for the laser, it would require modification which might not be allowed under the homologation regs.

20. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

Assuming 30 laps is a given limit, a solution could be to create a telemetry file at each pit-stop.

FatalMistake465 likes this.