1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What effect does the hardware used have on how ACC is perceived?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Luis Branco, Jul 9, 2019.

1. ignission

ignission Simracer

A rig like the GT1 Evo will transform your sim racing experience. It did for me. The guys at SimLabs are an absolute pleasure to deal with, they’re only a very small set up - 2 or 3 people - so during busy periods you may not get an email reply straight away, but these guys will cater to your every need and tailor your purchase like no other company I have dealt with. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

dek, NeoGrotesk and GroteBakkes like this.
  2. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

After upgrading my PC the next thing I will buy is a 3 dof motion rig
    I only drive in vr and I think this will be crazy and mind blowing to see and feel the car pitching and rolling and to feel the traction loss.
    In August-September I can test these rigs Simracing-Expo, can't wait
    It's a lot of money, but hey, I only life once

p.g.49 and chksix like this.
  3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'm hoping for reviews and comparisons of those rigs :)

4. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

For me big step up was changing the 37-"30Hz tv with a 55"-60Hz. Besides the correct FOV, all the perception changed and next online race my mates were surprised of my improvement. So since you have to rely massively on visual feedback from monitor, it plays a great role. Hardware shall be able to push it to match monitor specs though.
    Second improvement was changing the stock T300 pedals for the T3PA -Pro. But wasn't so satisfied, so modded with a damper and an additional spring on the brake. Now I need 25Kg to reach 100% brake, meaning that wheel locks are no longer random as before. On the other hand it's quite a lot of load and when I'm tired (can play only in the late evening) if race session is long, last laps I found myself not breaking enough.

In the end, I think there are 2 philosophies: someone (like me) wants the closest experience to Real Life for great immersion whereas someone just adapt to its rig to get the fastest results.
    There are guys out there much faster than me using keyboards or external visuals; I'd personally will not enjoy at all.
    PS: of course it's not a pure matter of choice, but available space and budget affect it too.

DiRTMark likes this.
  5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Of course hardware will change the perception. But better Simracing gear, cockpits, triples, VRs, DD wheels, pro pedals, ... will not make you faster. I believe it will turn into the opposite if the talent and passion are not there.

My current issue with ACC, note that it is the only game that I play now a days because of the limited time, is that things are getting so realistic that you have to be prepared, physical and mental, to engage it, and after a hard working day is not always a easy task.

DiRTMark and romandevision like this.
  6. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I totally agree. Yesterday I finally got some time to play, but I was not in the condition and the result is that I lost 3 points of Safety Rating in 10 minutes. I had to quit and do something else.

7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

When i read the title of the thread i immediatelly thought about GPU and CPU and how the perception of the game changes depending on what hardware it runs :)
    Maybe "peripherals" would've been better :D

8. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Certainly with my current rig I have decent gear that allows me to fell the car sufficiently to feel in control. However, having a permanent setup with a rock solid cockpit (Obutto Revolution) has really helped. The solidity of the rig and the fact that it’s all just set up the way I want it means that I can just hop in and run laps whenever I want. The cockpit made a massive difference from the wheel stand pro that I had before. I know not everyone has the space or money for a permanent setup but if you do, don’t hesitate.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  9. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

100%. I sprang for the Sim-Labs P1 recently and nothing but happiness coming from a Playseat Evolution. As I write, I'm taking a break because I'm building a sort of 'desk' to attach to it (remove the wheel...) so that my son (ok, maybe me too...) can also use it with keyboard/mouse games..... Wish I would have done this years ago.

Serge M and warth0g like this.
  10. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Motedis x-dream/s-dream is also worth a look

Hobi likes this.
  11. from what to what Luis?

12. what is cc?

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From Fanatec CSL Elite LC to Heusinkveld Sim Sprint.

14. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Imo he means CarControl, this merciless gem

15. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Sorry for the stupidity but what's CC feedback?

16. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

The option you can enable in the HUD menu, it shows you how good or bad you are driving.
    First you hate it, but then you love it.

17. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I'd love someone telling me how to get it green in every turn! There are some in some circuits that I never manage to nail, no matter how I approach them. Can be the setup for my driving style? I mean, with the two preset setup (safe or aggressive) is it still possible to have full green CC?

18. which ones?

19. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I started listing them, then I realized that are too many the turns I don't know how to approach correctly. Maybe some telemetry file from an alien would help me understand; or maybe not. But we are going OT, sorry.

20. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

The effort needed to engage fully means some nights I cant bring myself to race as too tired from overall life stuff.

Having a g29 set, I'd love to improve my pedals next as I know I cant trust myself under braking at times and give up positions on the back of it. Probably wont be any quicker but would love a better feel.