1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the game physics to good for the average joe

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I ask this question, because I find it more difficult to master than any other sim that I have played. Don't get me wrong , I think its the way to go. However IMO this game is hardcore. I notice that many of the accidents are caused not by stupidly bad driving, but by not having enough experience to manage the car correctly. It seems to me that you need to know a lot more about tyre temps, aerodynamics , braking, weight balance etc. In AC, or raceroom for example I could jump from one car to another and be upto speed in a short time. However with ACC I have to learn all over again. This is really good but challenging. I just wanted to know peoples opinions, or am i just suffering from placebo effects.

Viggdred likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ingame FFB vs Physics Jan 31, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Slipstream/Drafting physics in-game Jan 5, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting error when entering the game Feb 28, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont launch, after pressing Start Engine Feb 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

All other games makes us believe we can jump in and drive a GT3. ACC shows the truth which I prefer. Hopefully I'll be able to learn one car well enough and stick with it.

Viggdred, Romneyb and FatalMistake465 like this.
  4. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

My access to ACC: don't think, feel it
    Mindset like i drive my car
    With time questions came up, many answers here in this forum, but also from outside
    Driver61 videos for example
    Thank God (and Kunos) it is Hardcore
    A lot of effort gives much more reward

Romneyb likes this.
  5. Nao

Nao Alien

ACC is in many ways easier than other sims when it comes to driving, but I think this also means that any feedback the driver has is more subtle so if you are not up to speed, it could be harder. Personally after returning to AC i've found it quite a bit harder than ACC.
    I think you have it backwards here actually haha. Tyre pressures are far more important in AC than ACC. Same with other stuff, like aerodynamics or kerbs or cambers etc. - ACC is much more forgiving/smooth with them. In ACC you can pretty much jump in and not worry too much about most of the technical stuff and have a quick, well behaved car. Even when you are far from "optimal" values.

It's games like AC that are much more on the edge and you really have to dive in and understand the inner workings of the sim to counter whatever quirks the cars have. Even the weight balance effects more benign in ACC. Cars are less prone to severe under or oversteer during weight transfer than in AC. But that also means that correctly set up car will be much closer to neutral balance and can go into slight over or understeer when driver does not expect it because it never really happened in other sims where balance was "absolute".

I think the hardest part about ACC is that it's actually more forgiving which makes things both more ambiguous and keeps car on the edge more which is harder for less experienced drivers.

TheShogun and LeSunTzu like this.
  6. nangu

nangu Gamer

I tought the same when starting to play ACC in early access. Massive understeer, poor brakes, like driving a tank. Jumped to car setup, tried some settings, none helped. I then realized I had to change my driving style. IMO the GT3 cars on ACC doesn't like at all to be overdriven. In other sims you can abuse at some extent the cars and don't be punished so much, even you have to, but ACC punishes you a lot if you overdrive the car.

In ACC, slow and smooth is actually faster for me, much more than in AC, raceroom or RF2.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

- What's wrong?

- aha we're tryin to figuring out what to do.

- About what?

- About what....? We're in trouble.

- Rowdy took the pole in 30.25. We run 31.10, we're almost a second off the pace.

- We're looking for some speed out of this thing...

- Car's perfect, Harry!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Pandora, Romneyb and Mr.Mugel like this.
  8. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

DAYS OF THUNDER!!!!!!!!:D

Pandora and Coanda like this.
  9. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

ACC is focused on a single championship license, is a specialized title and deals with everything in a professional manner.
    If it were also simple, it would not do the right job.

10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I find it the opposite. In ACC to be fast you have to work real hard. I mean real fast not just smooth and fast.

11. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Yeah, thank god for ACC. Hope the sim is growing contentwise...tracks especially.

I got back to RRR on Saturday to drive a qucik stint on the Schleife...preparation for the VLN race. And it felt like .... aehm...let me say it felt a little arcadish...

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's one of the problems: Nordschleife is really missing from the game.
    Which would be ok if it were in a future DLC, but since the DLCs are most likely series-bound, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. :(

Ace Pumpkin and Zanza21 like this.
  13. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Sure its missing...but to be honest i really never raced online on it...and offline i get a little bit tired...as well as i drove her in real many times...tbh: i dont need it

I prefer shorter tracks on the PC...rally hoping for the BP US Series as an DLC....

Jebus and warth0g like this.
  14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

The main thing in ACC is that all cars are different. Passing the same corner on different cars, as a rule, has nothing in common. I really appreciate this. And of course not the same type in braking is a pleasure to understand that the effort is not the same. The best way is to try everything and choose the one that is closest in driving style. Often the first impression is deceptive and it may take time.

And of course not to listen, that Jaguar, AM and 911 - very weak)

Freddie Seng and m_box97 like this.
  15. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Yeah, i fired up the 911 shortly ago...wow...what a mess...complete away from the other cars. Such things you have in no other sim. I actually create a file with setup tips for the different cars. Its usefull here...in other sims it does not matter much, which car you drive.

Tim Meuris and chksix like this.
  16. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Its a myth that driving cars should be difficult. The fact people think a sim is good because it takes a genius to get it around the track without crashing is very outdated and flat out wrong.

The act of getting a car around the track - most people can do based on their normal road experience. I didnt crash an M4, single seater, 570S, 458 or Ariel Atom - the last 3 in pretty iffy track conditions....

Driving a car competitively and be fast to get the last tenth out of the car and dancing on the edge - THAT is what is difficult. Then add the concept of racing others, different tracks, weather conditions etc.. etc.. that is what makes or breaks a competitive driver (assuming they have the sponsorship to even get on the track!).

Now if you are talking about a powerful single seater - whole different ball game. A low power single seater that is not so aero dependent - again anyone can do it. Hell I did it and felt right at home except for the crappy tiny pedals close together like you are in a mini from the 70s....

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you take the safe setup ACC isn't really that difficult.

It's when you get to the edge of the setup (meaning mostly the aero) and the edge of the limit where it gets difficult and that's certainly the same in real life.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  18. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I agree - do not understand where the opinion came from that the harder it is to manage, the more realistic. This is an long obsolete concept.

Seven Smiles and stefanoCasillo like this.
  19. Poloman

Poloman Racer

IRL you wont go flat out until many many many laps and days after your first time.
    In sims people try to get as fast as possible as soon as possible, due to no fear of crashing.

FelixR1991 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  20. redadeg

redadeg Racer

No pain, no gain :)

Viggdred likes this.
  21. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

Agree. In sim you have no fear just because you don't feel speed right. IRL for "average joe" you will be scared just half a speed you doing in sim. And plus I think in race car all over rattle makes you think that this will fell apart at any time. :D