1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the game physics to good for the average joe

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

It was like in the Falcon 4 flight sim. People saying it wasn’t realistic because there it was so easy. As I pointed out, it is completely different when you have no fear. Flying in flight sims in any half way decent aircraft is exceeding realistic.

They should try this, drive the sims *properly* and competitively without damaging the cars or being close to out of control. If you do seriously damage your car then stop playing the game for a year or two, or if destroyed, forever. Still easy?

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Same here. In ACC, in order to be really quick, you need a quick brain and very quick hands (and more). This will make your car look smooth from the outside. But the effort to get there in the cabin is not smooth, at all. Think of Senna - a famous TV presenter's phrase is that he made the cars dance through the turns with great elegance. What he did in the cockpit with his hands and feet looked worse than David Hasselhoff's dancing, though.

I'm slowly, slowly getting there. I started super smooth and it grows on me that you can be violent at the wheel in order to keep the car smooth and fast. This is what makes ACC so incredibly rewarding.

Freddie Seng and Aristotelis like this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yes it is and you have to change your approach and learn about the cars(blogs) then learn how to set up the car. If you were a real driver in the series and in the Audi and they put you in the car with either the 'safe or aggressive' setup loaded you would obviously find things to change. I never just leave the default setup, just change one thing at a time. I admit I still get pissed when the car just loses it in a slow corner for no reason but the sim is always being worked on as we speak. For other sims their default setups are great but in this one you gotta put in the work, just my opinion. Have fun!:)

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

This is the sim where being in good fit seems to compensate.:D
    In ACC we can have a good work out while playing but need to take a shower afterwards.:D

m_box97 likes this.
  5. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

that's the best thing about it in my opinion. All of them feel different and behave like you would expect (by reading something about the car). You need to follow the car you can't just change the setup to make all the cars seem the same.
    I would choose a few cars that feel this way than a bazillion cars that all feel the same all day long.

MTv, Freddie Seng and romandevision like this.
  6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Not to hate on PCars 2 but i feel like many cars feel to similar. You jump between different classes but many sorta feel the same in terms of characteristics like turn-in grip and behavior etc, i feel like i can drive all cars basically the same. Not at all in ACC. The Porsche is miles different than a Lambo and again different than the BMW

romandevision and m_box97 like this.
  7. doamf

doamf Racer

Being an average Joe, I'll say that my own physics are the limiting factor.
    I just have to accept my own limitations and exploit those as much as possible whilst accepting that at 57 years my physical abilities probably don't improve that much anymore :(.
    I wish the developers could solve that:confused:, but as it stands ACC is getting better and better while I am only marginally improving by memorizing tracks, actual driving of the cars and learning virtual racing etiquette, by means of practice.
    It should be that way imo.
    What good would it be if there' s no progression of physics in the world of sim racing? It's partially thanks to this lot that it moves on: harder, faster and demanding more focus (single series) to be able to compete. Brilliant and definitely the attraction for this average Joe.
    I keep learning and the reward is a true sense of accomplishment once and a while:cool:.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Romneyb, MTv, Tim Meuris and 4 others like this.
  8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I know what you mean. With the current damage model, players don't even think about dodging or slowing down earlier, but hope they're lucky. After all, it's really the maximum that will happen is to go to the lawn.

It is necessary to strengthen the model of damage, so that a clean driving is valuable. Let's go back to psychology - in this case it's selfishness, which should make players do the above, because otherwise the game will not be possible to continue.

I hope you understand what I mean)

Tim Meuris and redadeg like this.
  9. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

Just wait for the next generation of simulation when beam.ng physics are taking over :) (I really hope they do)

10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I think it's too distant a future. Now it's enough just to increase the damage you take. :D
    Although, it's a fight against the human factor, which makes little sense.

11. chakko

chakko Alien

The devs said that ACC is a evolution of the AC physics and tire model. And, IMO, you feel that. It's like an advanced AC for me. Not the same, but, very similar. IMO, about everything feels better in ACC. AC was already class, but, ACC is moar. :)

Can't wait for a Formula offspring with the same physics.

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

you are not wrong mate,ACC is on whole new level.
    After playing ACC all the other sim feels dull and very easy.When i started ACC i was absolutely noob and recently i can get around 1.5 seconds or even 1 seconds alien lap times and it took quite big time and i'm still not close enough to them.

Romneyb likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

IMO the front (tyres) of the car feels completely different compared to AC.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I thought AC physics on the GT3s were great but ACC is on a absolutely different level.
    Recently i went back to AC and drove in both games the Porsche GT3 back to back. Compared to ACC, in AC i dont get at least 50% of the 'information' from physics/driving feel that i am used to get from ACC. Its to me that much of a difference. And again: AC is and was great!

I can only describe it like this: In AC you get into the car and still have to drive a bit in oder to 'get' the car. In ACC you get into the car and the game makes sure to give you all the feeling and information needed that you understand the car from the get go, you don't need to first 'feel' the car over a number of laps. It is intuitive sort of, you immediatelly know what the car is capable of and what it is doing because thy physics and sounds do communicate so well with you.

15. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

4-5 years maybe. We are now in the "Cores+Threads" CPU Race like it was 10-15 Years ago with the ghz race.
    The amount of stuff which is already in beam.ng simulated is on par with all actual racing sims (In some cases even more advanced) + the fully destruction physics of the cars.

But yeah im dreaming of beam.ng crash physics in a pure racing game.
    And in beam.ng you are already "scared" if you go full throttle on a narrow forreststreet cause you know, if you do one mistake the next tree is pushing the engineblock into the cabin and you have to restart.

16. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I think it's also a question of the licenses given by car manufacturers. And for some reason, they don't let you destroy cars in the game. I guess that's why we're now seeing a conditional damage model.

chksix likes this.
  17. chakko

chakko Alien

It definitely feels different. Not sure about the "completely".

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Oh yeah, although I fear it would be only for the visuals at first.
    But there would be so many things one could do. e.g. like a wing instability due to a collision after a crash and calculating if and when it will break completely.
    But I guess for the actual aero effects conventional models would be used.
    It's still simulating cars, that is true. ;)
    Also might be that on a DD wheel the differences are more pronounced.

19. plaid

plaid Alien

Wasn't my impression, the physics and FFB lacked somewhat (depending on the FFB files) and some cars were kinda nice, some soso and many pretty bad. While the ais inconsistent performance and behavior in endurance races was the nail in the coffin.

Regarding predictions how realistic something is I don't know how people without real experience in racecars can make any judgement about that anyway. Common streetcars: Sure. Racecars in competitive conditions? Hm..
    And the bees knees often rather quickly becomes crap if a new one is there.
    But the GT3 cars are supposed to be amateur friendly. Whiiiile the question is what that actually means, precisely.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Uhm, aren't they just about to introduce a new low-aero GT2 category because the GT3 cars aren't amateur friendly enough?

LeDude83, Timberwind and Aristotelis like this.