1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Silverstone 2018

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, May 12, 2019.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Just because the AI has a lot of fuel left at the end of qualifying. Currently the AI struggles to reach the real life times in qualifying.
    Regarding the free practice sessions, the AI only does long runs and always carries full fuel at the beginning. I always have to get comfortable to a track in FP1 which the AI does not. Usually I am much more up to the front in qualifying and have to struggle to keep that good track position in the race.

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Just out of curiosity, is there an actual way to know how many liters in excess they're carrying at the end of the session or is it pure speculation?
    I'm not saying you're wrong....Something that might translate to 0.5 secs in pace then I'd say probably....+1 sec, I'd say not likely because the gap between quali and race pace would be too much IMHO.

If you choose between 10-15-20 minute quali sessions, does the AI modify the initial fuel load accordingly? I'd personally like to know this. If they don't, then in longer sessions, AI lap times should be lower at the end but I personally don't have time for 20min sessions without time accel :D

3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I just did 15/15/15 or 20/20 qualifyings like in reality and in many cars you can see the actual fuel level. There are several kilograms of fuel left at the end of a session. Probably enough for a couple of tenth. And don't forget that in real life they take two sets of fresh tyres at least in Spint Cup qualifyings and then use the driven rubber in the race.
    IMHO the race pace is fine but I wouldn't mind the qualifying pace to get a bit faster like it is in RL. And we also should not overestimate the effect of the fuelweight. We are not talking about a second.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Lol from this i remember that i always wanted to ask dev that cars with endurance lighting systems weigh more than sprint cars with standard headlights.
    @Aristotelis maybe you can shed some light here:)

5. DiRTMark

DiRTMark Gamer

I want that sticker as well!!!

6. trutya

trutya Simracer

i used to use the same set of tyres on both practice, than 1/1 new set in the qualy. so i'll have 2 new sets for the 2 races (sprint race)
    i didn't make a full endurance weekend yet.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Would be good to have a setup option that allows you to choose how much fuel you want in the car for qualifying. If I reduce it down in the setup screen I tend to forget to put it back up come race time.