1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the game physics to good for the average joe

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Aha, you have ever tried to get the pole time from this year 24h race on nords in RRR?
    8:10,xxx if I remember correct.
    Try it out, take a Porsche GT3 or from adac (new physics) and you will see, there is nothing arcadish in RRR.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

I was just wondering, how GT3 cars are so hard to drive at the limit - compared to other racecars at least - when they are supposed to be amateur friendly/hobby racedrivers are supposed to keep them on track. I at least read that often, which is why I was a bit confused.

Anyway, that GT2 cars with lower aero are easier is also confusing, I just can speak about my experience with sims, but the low aero cars are usually harder for me handle in difficult turns etc.. While it surely depends on the setup, too. I usually pick/make the setup more stable.
    As far as I remember the GT2 cars are quite powerful. On the NS for example I would expect to struggle with more power and less aero.

3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Well there have been actually many real Blancpain GT3 drivers who tested the game, Youtube is full of other race drivers who drive the game and comment on it (Nicki Thiim for ex) and they all say how nicely well all is simulated and that it actually 'feels' really good.
    So we can take their word and then go from there with our impressions.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Aris has explained that often enough.

The summary is:
    GT3 cars make a lot of use of the diffusor to generate downforce. That makes them very sensitive to the ride height. Lower height generates more downforce, but the downforce can get suddenly lost, e.g. when driving over curbs, bumps etc. due to diffusor stall.
    In extreme cases even under braking.

The GT2 cars are supposed to make less use of the diffusor and instead use wings. Most likely with a higher minimum ride height to reduce the effects mentioned above.
    That makes the cars easier controllable, because you don't have to worry as much about downforce changes.

Edit: btw, open wheelers like F1 cars might actually be easier to drive because they have next to no suspension and thus it's easier to keep the aero platform stable.

plaid likes this.
  5. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I can only comment on F1 games and have to say: In all games F1 cars feel boring to drive compared to Touring Cars.
    Smaller Openwheelers actually are more fun, like the Skip Barber or Formula 3, 4, even that Renault Series with the 3.5L engine but F1 cars are pretty dull for me.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The Tatuus in AC is a lot of fun. ;)

LATE4APEX, chakko and LeDude83 like this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

Ah, thank you.

In case of ACC, for sure. This was just something I was wondering in discussion about other sims. In case of PCars2 and Dirt 4 people often said they would be payed and were not objective.
    And I had the that that some racedrivers who don't use sims, but only tested them once maybe don't really bother about a accurate comparsions. Or they maybe don't care that much like some sim players, like Thiim for example doesn't think the Ir physics are that great, but the multiplayer makes up for it.

Some discussions about a sims physics can be really rough and a few times I wondered how much people actually know what they talk about while being angry about it. :confused:

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That is because they were paid. ;)
    And no that's not a conspiracy, it's reality. They were basically PR models.

In the end the question is whether and how you use that feedback.
    Aris said often enough that for them talking to the engineers is more important than talking to the drivers, because the engineers give you hard data, while the drivers usually talk a lot of drivers' gibberish that is hard to translate into model data.

So if anything at all, their PR model should be a couple of race engineers, but I don't know if too many people would care about that. :D

chksix and LeDude83 like this.
  9. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Nikki Thim says about the tire model in iRacing, it feels like an soft rain tire that starts to overheat.
    But he likes the suspension.
    In ACC he tried the Sro spa event and was wondering how he could find 13 seconds to get into top ten
    He says he is iRacing fan boy

10. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Yet he did a video where he drove each car in ACC for couple laps and really loved how they feel. Except the Aston Martin, there he said they sorta messed it up a bit.
    I think he hit the rollcage a couple times too hard without helmet (just fun xD) but he comes accross as a genuine guy which is good.

11. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Yes I know, it's from brands hatch, right?
    I like him, he is funny sometimes.
    But his rl stuff is way better than his live stream :D

th3o likes this.
  12. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

What!?! No they don't :)

https://www.twitch.tv/nickithiim/clip/ColorfulNimbleGoatSwiftRage

Some say its good. Some say its bad. Don't take anyones word for it. Drive it yourself. If you like it, carry on driving it. If you don't then stop.

13. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Dont like that guy from that clip jumping the kerbs like that without the car setup for it and expecting it to work (to be fair the kerbs are stil not on point but still the rest is fine)

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

And go hard. Mostly in qual, or during race when something make you forgot about tyres management.

15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

You've driven it? Is it good? Then those who say it's not are full of it! Right?

This is for everyone who has a good nature but have become complacent-
    In this day and age there are many who would say baby Bunnies are grotesquely ugly- just to get a rise! It's okay to say that those who think ACC isn't good are full of crap and liars. It's okay to say "I have good taste"! Be bold! Be an Advocate! Don't let the new liars culture win the fight!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  16. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

IRL - Only when you push the car hard.

17. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

He also uninstalled ACC as he thought the physics were terrible after offs through eau rouge and then Les combes at Spa. I cant find the video but it was pretty brutal.

Bottom line - dont worry about what race drivers (or anyone else) think. Is it enjoyable for you in terms of what you think it would really be like? Then fantastic - have fun in your chosen driving game.

None of it is close to reality so why worry about it?

I love PC2, iRacing, AC and ACC and all for different reasons.

Cant do much with ACC due to VR performance issues currently but once they resolve that I will be back in as I do enjoy the Ferrari, Lambo and McLaren handling and cant wait to have a proper scanned up to date Zandvoort!

Winston and romandevision like this.
  18. cris

cris Gamer

19. chakko

chakko Alien

When i first drove it, it seemed a bit dull to me. But, that was just because i was far away from the limit... on the limit, it's a great car, and pretty challenging.

Now... if only we didn't have to wait for some Formula cars with the new physics. :(

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

As new GT2 cars are will arrive with 700HP does this mean GT3 will get power boost as well ? or weight advantage like under 1150kg?
    Because to me when i imagine gt3 and gt2 racing together on monza or any other low aero track the gt2 cars will absolutely destroy gt3 on straights.
    This is a problem because this will create chaotic traffic like ex->>
    GT3 car overtake gt2 on corner or braking but then on straight the gt2 will overtake gt3 again leading another overtaking to be done by gt3 cars.
    even if gt2 cars speeds were to be restricted to 240-250km/h still what matters more is acceleration they will still accelerate quickly to that speed than gt3 cars because more power.
    What they instead SHOULD have done is->>
    1.Dont name it GT2 because it is confusing and doesn't make sense as GT2 cars are supposed to be faster than GT3.
    2.Instead of 700HP why not keep them at 400HP because more power will not be easy for noob drivers for fact.even with TC they will spin.
    This is what i would call a user friendly car compared to gt3.