1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Zeraxx, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Shame, guess I'll have to keep asking others to evaluate my setups for me.

2. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

Do you only buy things on steam?

3. No, I have to phone the bank if I want to buy anything from a small website.

4. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

Your profile says Canada. Is it really that backwards there? What about PayPal?

5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Just a heads up, were introducing the Race Engineer, next update this feature will analyze the data and try to spot ways you can improve as a driver, and in car setup. The suggestions are marked with an asterisk. If you click on the Turn it will automatically scroll the graphs to that corner. Some Pictures Below.

Driver Suggestion Tells us our Throttle Acceptance is low.
    Driver Suggestion.PNG

Click on the "Driver Suggestion" and it will take us to that turn.
    Scrolled.PNG

The Race Engineer also analyzes the car setup to make suggestions.
    Setup Suggestion.PNG

This is the very beginning of the Race Engineer, we hope to add a lot more in terms of functionality of the Race Engineer in the upcoming weeks.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    JanR, Zinny, DiRTMark and 7 others like this.
  6. david m

david m Racer

looks awesome, good work and congratulations.;)

7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Great news! It's a great help for people who have a hard time dealing with telemetry. For example, even if I understand the main part of it, the subtleties were harder to figure out)

8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Were any additional channels made available with 1.0.6? I know Kunos were working to potentially offer additional data for the Crew Chief project but that discussion looks to have gone offline.

Edit: Maybe have a look over here and reach out to Aris if you need additional data. It looks like they are working towards opening channels for Crew Chief in 1.0.7 and have invited one of the dashboard devs to request additional data, you might be able to jump on the bandwagon and get data you need to expand your software.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ete-shared-memory-udp-api.58019/#post-1075433

9. p4thos

p4thos Rookie

@Zeraxx

I bought the tool because I already bought the previous one (for pcars) and it was very good!

No suspension calculator, like the previous tool for pcars? Just asking, because it was allways my starting point...

10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

I've been keeping my eye on that thread. I'm hoping some new channels open up that I'm looking for.

I've asked in a few threads for some more channels without to much response from the dev team, which is okay because it's their game and they can chose what they want to do/implement with it, but at this point I'm not going to ask again, If they want to add some more channels I certainly have a list hehehe. I know the devs are busy and if they eventually decide to add some more channels I will be sure to incorporate them into the tool (I check the data structure after very patch).

P4thos unfortunately we did not include the suspension calculator that we had for pcars 2. For pcars 2 we had all the car data such as motion ratios, adjustment ranges on all the components, CoG etc. While you can guess those things for ACC pretty easily. I didjt want to give people false hope by including it only for them to be disappointed because they need to guesstimate with the input variables are.

11. ijac

ijac Gamer

I'm new to telemetry so forgive me if I'm off base here ... but wheel load, aero and tire temps are missing from this tool. Aren't these some of the more important data points? I recall Aris talking about these very things repeatedly (in other threads) as being important for GT3 car behavior. Aero especially.

If wheel load, aero and tire temp data is missing how useful is this tool? (Not trolling. Just an honest inquiry :) ) I'll pick it up for other sims but not clear how useful it is for ACC.

@Zeraxx Are you're Youtube videos using data from ACC? The brake bias video looks like ACC footage (I think?). But the first 2:30 minutes shows wheel load and aero data which isn't available from ACC. So I'm not sure.

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Join our discord, information regarding the things your asking are answered there.

13. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

PUBLIC RELEASE 1.0.6

New Features:
    1) Added AC License
    2) Added the ability to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of graphs.
    3) Changed the Scroll Behavior.
    4) Added The Rest of the Damper Settings to the Car Params.
    5) Broke out Damper Transition Speeds to Include Bump and Rebound.
    6) Changed the Window Rsize Behavior to resize after Maximize.
    7) Lap Register "Beep" mute icon changed.
    8) ** Added the Race Engineer, he will analyze your data and suggest things for both driver development and Car Setup. This first release of the Race Engineer is very basic, we are looking for feedback we expect to include new updates to this feature with every release.

boxster233 likes this.
  14. Hi there,
    I just purchased this tool because I have to say that for this work and functinality, $15 seems absolutely fine for me.

I just got some questions about the car parameters. For example:
    ARB rate (N/mm)
    Bump transition speed (mm/s)
    Rebound transition speed (mm/s)

In ACC setup screen we just have some numbers without any actual units. ARB rate goes from 0 to 11, at least on the car I am currently trying. But no clue how much N/mm this actually is. Same for bump and rebound.

How do we get the actual values of the car from the setup?

Edit:

I found the formula to get the spring transition speeds, but this requires me to know the exact units of the dampers which are also displayed in unitless digits in the setup screen. This is a bit confusing. :confused:
    And also the damper tab doesn't allow me to change any values? For example on the Mercedes AMG GT3, it doesn't allow me to alter them.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  15. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey first off just wanted to say thank you for your support in your purchase of the tool! When it comes to Car Params there is often a lot of questions, the reason this tool is so powerful is because the amount of math that goes into each graph. To perform some of this math we have to know some of the car params. Like you mentioned some of the games such as ACC use "clicks" instead of actual units. This is a game decision however engineers in the real world are all looking at actual units and not "clicks".

When you load a specific game in the tool, the car params that cannot be filled out (due to game restrictions) will show up as dark gray and not be editable. All of the Car Params you need to enter will have a red box around them. The exception to this rule is the 3 you stated above, ARBs, and transition speeds.

On the damper histogram the program needs to know what what speed the damper goes from low speed damping to high speed damping or the labels at the top of the histogram. As you decrease this transition speed the range that we are averaging over will reduce. This transition speed is a property of our damper but in ACC we don't know what it is. The reason its still editable is because sometimes we want to increase or decrease the range of damper speeds we are averaging over for games like ACC. This is exactly how the MoTeC works. (It defaults to 25 mm/s). In my opinion set it to 25 mm/s.

For ARBs we know most cars have a ARB adjustment range of 0-150 N/mm. While each car will certainly be different we have no way to identify what the range is for ACC. For my own personal use I typically multiply the in game setting by 10 which has gotten me somewhat close to the values I believe would be close. In the end this "guesss" doesn't have a huge factor in the overall data. It's only used for calculating the wheel loads, and even on the wheel loads the majority of the wheel load is coming from the spring not the ARB.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Marlborofranz likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Same issue here. Can't be bothered with the interrogation.

17. Thank you! This helps a lot. :)
    Now I just have to wait until the heat wave in Germany is over so I don't melt when the pc is running ACC. :D

18. Me again,

so far everything works nice! Laps recorded properly and I must say the manual is really nice to have.

But on my setup it seems that selecting laps from the lap tree doesn't change or update the data. I switch between tabs because I thought that maybe the data will be refreshed on click of a specific diagram, but it didn't happen.

E.g. I checked the roll and pitch gradients but they don't change, no matter what lap I select. Is there something I can do to get it updated?

Thanks!

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Your theory is correct, the current build you have to switch graphs for them to update, that being said the update that comes tomorrow will update the graphs anytime you exit the car params. In regard to Roll Gradient not changing, Roll Gradient really should be very close throughout all the laps. I did a 30 lap race the other day, and the Roll Gradient only change by 0.02 due to the fuel weight reduction. So There shouldn't be must change their. I'd look at another graph like wheel slip to make sure the graphs are changing (but they should be).

On a side note, my newest blog post on ARB tuning is out guys be sure to check it out:
    https://www.racingsimtools.com/single-post/2019/07/26/10-Tuning-the-Anti-Roll-Bar

Marlborofranz likes this.
  20. Thanks! Really love your work...

Motec is nice for people that know the math, but as a motec noob I have to say that RST is much nicer to get data.

Keep up the good work!