1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What effect does the hardware used have on how ACC is perceived?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Luis Branco, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

I have to admit, lately, i got a bit more time after work and have invested that time going back from the Aston Martin to the Lambo. I love da sound of V12 but i also chose it because i could not deal with the Mid rear drives well enough.
    At some point, i was about to declare a state of Martial Law on the Lambo / Silverstone combo because i kept spinning out, even after several days of hotlapping the bejesus out of it.
    Me of course, trying to find the cause and the blame, which is never me :p , checked the Fanatec LC pedals, swapped out 3 times the shores, Retightened and rebolted the whole damn assembly on the GT omega stand like some paranoid obsessed mental cookie, thinking it would help.
    Then i left the game for about 2 to 3 days, went back, instantly drove several laps mid 57 on Silver with the Lambo. Checked other tracks and saw times dropping like never before.
    You know what, it was 80 % just me having enough track time, added with max 20 % of improved gear (or stiffening / adding rigidity to current gear items).
    Sorry to confirm this beaten dead horse cliche, but it is true for the most part :D .

The Human body is a weird thing which can and will adapt to the strangest and most unlikely set of tools. With enough time and practice, a lot of us will become faster. Better gear is about controlling the rate of learning.
    * If enough time and energy is devoted to practice, better gear will speed it up to some extent, but better gear alone is nothing without enough practice, now excuse me, i need to rob a bank now for my Sim lab Evo GT1 & Seat, :), keep rolling!-

Romneyb likes this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Use Lambo aggressive set up, drop rear ride height 2mm, enjoy

bgil66, jaxx_za and GroteBakkes like this.
  3. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Ill try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

4. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Upgraded from a worn G25 to Fanatec CSW wheel and pedals a few months ago due to ACC. I immediately improved my lap times by... absolutely nothing due to this upgrade.

I have since then improved my lap times but would claim I could do similar times now on the G25 (should test this actually). The improvements have most likely been realized due to hours of practice since the upgrade and not because of hardware.

The upgrade has on the other hand significantly improved immersion and enjoyment from driving, so no regrets on the upgrade.

GroteBakkes likes this.
  5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Looks like ACC is a great Sim gear seller.:)
    I'vê been working on my Dyi cockpit for several months now. Getting closer, I guess.

GroteBakkes and deadmeat2k like this.
  6. fabT

fabT Alien

That's it, for me as well.

Speaking about AC and ACC i got from a Logitech G27 to a Thrustmaster T300.
    Then opted for Fanatec CSL LC pedals, finally upgraded to a Fanatec CSL wheel.

Zero difference in lap time.

All i got is more comfort and immersion and i'm pretty satisfied with that alone.

Imho hardware is no shortcut to pace, unless you have some actual issue with your devices.

GroteBakkes, deadmeat2k and Serge M like this.
  7. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Yeah the immersion, for me, counts the most.
    More than lap times.
    A couple of years ago I decided to build my own rig, but at this time I hadn't that much money.
    So I scanned the internet and found a video on YouTube, build your own rig out of wood, or something like that.
    I downloaded the description.
    Wood 30€, seat from an old car 10€ and gatsching I had my rig. :D
    I never forget the first time sitting in it and driving around Nords in ac.

Serge M, GroteBakkes and Romneyb like this.
  8. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I wanted to make it even simpler - 10 EUR worth of wood, my 15 year old IKEA office chair and -elevation desk. Works amazingly well given the cost :rolleyes:

EDIT: ...and a flexible solution with minimal space required, since I can put the wooden fixture with the pedals along the wall and then I can use my office desk as normal.

Racing rig - Copy.jpg

9. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Any Simetik K2 Users in here?
    How is it for tall people? Ive read somewhere up to 6'1 or 6'2 its fine, im 6'4. Do they have extended versions or options on it for then taller peepz?
    Im not really into the Hunchback Notredame simracing style to be honest, so i hope somebody that has RL experience with this rig and is taller can shed some light on this. :D
    Hard to decide between the Sim-Lab Gt1 Evo and the K2. Fortunately, like me, Sim-Lab is in Netherlands based so no huge shipping bill on that part. The funny thing is its actually cheaper for the K2 (which is lighter) to be shipped to my door from Portugal i presume, but thats off topic lol.

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

3FD34583-6585-491B-8A08-84A10E31AFE4.jpeg Can’t comment on the k2 - but having received my Gt1 evo rig from sim-lab this week I’d highly recommend that. Upgraded from an omega cockpit and the benefit of the aluminium profile is really noticeable, both in terms of the rigidness of the frame and the future customisation possibilities....top customer service from the guys at som lab to.

11. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Nice setup! :). U took the RS9 Omega seat from the old rig i see. Looks good yo.
    Do U think that the RS9 as a reclinable seat is a good match for the GT1? It could be the item in your rig setup with the most flex as of now haha.
    Im not sure i wanna spend the 250 to 300 + euros on a Sparco or Recaro style seat, although then your set for the long run. But i dunno if and what could be a viable alternative (non -FIA) bucketseat suitable for 6'4 peepz which is between 100 - 200 euro pricerange.
    Still researching on that one.
    Anyways Enjoy your new setup, looks legit! :cool:

PLebre and mike reynolds like this.
  12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Thanks.......It’s not ideal TBH and you do notice the flex....will do for now whilst I look for an eBay bargain bucket seat....of if nothing turns up I’ll have to bite the bullet and by a sparco. It’s weird, I’ve invested lots of money into my rig but can’t quite bring myself to to stump up the cash for a decent seat which would make a difference!

13. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Yeah i get ya, Simracing Moneypit 101 :D .
    The Dutch Ebay version unfortunately is not very useful. So limited in offerings, the german market i hope has more to choose from. Further away and then u get too much shipping fees. Damn Seats speak Volumes in regards to shipping!

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sim-Lab is an easy choice there given the cheap shipping, you could probably even pick it up? I had to fork out somewhere in the region of $500 AUD to ship my P1 and still deem it well worth it.

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

16. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

upload_2019-8-7_12-59-0.png upload_2019-8-7_13-8-13.png
    I've made my choice, not going with GT1 or Simetik K2 but with my own designed rig after checking multiple videos on DIY 8020. Downloaded Framedesigner and got to work.
    Price was a big factor here. I based it a bit on the GT1 dimensionwise but i wanted a monitor stand for the 34 inch LG Ultrawide included in the build. Its pretty barebones and no shifter mount yet as ACC / GT3 is the only thing i drive atm anyway.
    Upgradebility is a big plus so if i change my mind in the future its easy to do. I went with Motedis for the profiles, all in all i got everything assembled for 315 euro's including shipping for the rig, another 160 for the Bucketseat. It should come in somewhere next week.
    Im very curious what its gonna be like :). GT Omega Wheelstand, u are dismissed, finally!

mike reynolds likes this.
  17. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Looks awewome - please share some photos when it is all put together! :cool:

GroteBakkes likes this.
  18. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

The first trial version is completed. Took me longer then expected. So far the rigidity is amazing, it's so solid it's like stepping into a metal cocoon. Worth every penny and bolt on. Its just finished and I'm already thinking about what upgrade should come on the rig here and there. This 80/20 stuff is addictive as hell, my wallet is gonna hate me even more soonTM :D

Attached Files:

19. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Looking damn sharp - and solid as well :cool: Very nicely done in deed! Enjoy the ride ;)

GroteBakkes likes this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Update.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GroteBakkes likes this.