1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

mrburns.jpg

<3 u KS

dek and Epic Gamer Dude like this.
  2. XorRipRip

XorRipRip Rookie

"Tire performance" = lap time, if you want
    "More than 5 points" = computational performance, it's about a very complex problem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_detection
    But in any way, excellent wordplay ! :D

3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

I believe the only other game that has used a grid was pcars 2, however no details of how many points were used, only that it was a "Finite Element Grid". It's probably safe to say they used 3 or more points since 3 points make a plane, I can say it's safe to say Kunos has done their homework on the matter so Im positive the implementation will be much better!

Nico1979 and Psit like this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

To all DEVS...
    [​IMG]

AurusCE, Romneyb, zeva and 7 others like this.
  5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I was under the impression they all used more than one point. I was surprised when Kunos said AC and ACC were single point.

Nahkamarakatti, esox71 and Psit like this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Thanks Aris, very interesting write.

Indeed the curbs were one point in AC (and ACC as well) that always bothered me. Especially at Nordschleife where you can see race drivers taking every second curb (in dry weather) while in AC it was always best to stay away from most of them unless you have quick reflexes.
    So I'm very curious to see how the new tyre model feels. :)
    Just a bit sad that I can't take it out on Nordschleife for a comparison to the old behavior.

One other thing that always bugged me in AC was that when the tyre contact point moved from the tarmac to the curb you could often feel a huge spike in the FFB forces (which on DD wheels can be very harsh).
    So this was also caused by the simplifications that were made with the single contact point?
    And with the multipoint approach it would be gone (or at least not pronounced anymore)?
    tbh, even if not: we're now at a point where 8 very capable cores is almost standard for new systems and we are nearing 16 cores and 32 threads for consumer desktops.
    So there is CPU performance to spend and it would be well invested. ;)

Luca Zari likes this.
  7. Psit

Psit Alien

/me cries in i5 6series.

Racert46, SotirisM and thodoris1884 like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

hmm, so that's how it went down at the Kunos HQ?

Aris: we should achieve identical performance with the new tyre model
    Stefano: well, this would be physically impossible :p
    Fernando: hold my beer …

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Your i5 beats my FX4350 easily. :p

10. Psit

Psit Alien

Your monitor to my Rift: Hold my beer.

Enough with the off topic though :D

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

New monitor (5720×1440) already ordered. My CPU/GPU are crying. :(

(new CPU will follow soon thankfully)

Psit likes this.
  12. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Great stuff! Thanks for taking your time to write this and add screenshots. Can't wait to try it out.

chakko likes this.
  13. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Complete sim racing nerdgasm to read through this one @Aristotelis - can't wait to try this out in practice (well... in a virtual manner of speaking anyway :rolleyes:). Keep up the good work guys!

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm very much impressed. I was eagerly anticipating the "improvements" you announced on this topic...but this is not an improvement, it's a new game! Love your work - Kunos = Quality. <3

deadmeat2k likes this.
  15. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Over hyped. Now let’s just wait

anthonylroy and deadmeat2k like this.
  16. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Will this model add to the output signal to give more Kerb effect to SimVibe and other programs?

Loeki likes this.
  17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Since the tyre grip will like be some sort of average between those 5 points, I'm guessing the same average will be sent to those external programs.

18. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Thank you, looking forward to this one!

19. Teslatic

Teslatic Racer

It's this attention to detail that is why I'll pretty much buy just about anything that Kunos touches. Well done.

Romneyb and Salvatore Amato like this.
  20. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Can't wait to try it out!