1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

R9 3900X performance

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by pmgfrederico, Jul 15, 2019.

1. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

Anyone putting the Ryzen 3000 family to the test?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring low performance Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues In game FPS not same with performance test FPS Apr 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal errors and very low performance Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Performance updates changelog Jan 17, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD's Next Gen RX 7900XTX with disappointing performance in VR Jan 16, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to make AI performance more similar to each other? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Watkins Glen VR-Performance Dec 15, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can I get more performance for ACC out of my CPU and RAM? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality SteamVR vs. OpenXR (PimaxXR) performance on Pimax 8KX w/ 4090 Oct 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 4090 settings - performance of Pixel Density vs. Rendering Res Oct 21, 2022

3. vandella1

vandella1 Rookie

I will be soon!! 3900x when it arrives!!

its.me, arjensen and pmgfrederico like this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What are you changing from?

5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

6. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

Sinthetic benchmarks I can read about . Interested in its real world use cases / ACC performance!

chksix likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, I'm interested as well. When you got it, please do some benchmarks with maxed out AI cars and show the CPU/core usage. :)

Still undecided between 3700X, 3800X and 3900X.
    Well so far the summary is that in games even a 3600X or 3700X might be enough.
    It might be different in AC due to the heavy load that the AI cars can generate, but I haven't seen any dedicated comparison for that so far.

8. nangu

nangu Gamer

I'm waiting my 3900X already. I expect 20 to 30% increase in CPU performance in comparisson to my actual overclocked R7 1700, but as I play on VR I think perceived performance will be the same for me, may be a little bit more SS and a couple more AI cars on track. I'll bench it on monitor anyway and post in the benchmark thread.

From the reviews, I expect a bit less than i7 9700K performance levels, but ACC bench will tell the true.

9. Psit

Psit Alien

I am interested in your benchmarks... :) (especially if you can somehow measure VR increase in performance.)

DHMoto likes this.
  10. vandella1

vandella1 Rookie

1800x, oc'd all core @ 3.9ghz , so should see a smallish bump up ;).

11. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Running a 3600 here..fps on my rig went up between 15 - 20 at 2560x 1440..mind you I also upgraded my ram from 2666 to 3200Mhz ram.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What did you upgrade from?

aaaape likes this.
  13. aaaape

aaaape Racer

what did you upgrade from?

edit: haha ninjaed by Serge M

14. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

Was that running stock? Did you observe core/thread usage and respective boost clock?

Thanks!

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

And also: SP or MP and if the former, how many opponents?

16. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

As users start to get their Gen 3 CPUs, it might make sense if this thread adopts a settings standard for posting results ie. everything on Epic or High. There are so many other variables - GPU, RAM, Resolution and speed of monitor or VR unit, but at least a common in-game setting would provide a general FPS expectation from the "upgrade". Maybe?

chksix likes this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you set everything on Epic, chances are very high that your FPS are limited by the GPU.

You need to be able to somehow generate as much load on the CPU as possible and a low or medium load on the GPU.
    That's why the CPU benchmark thread proposes 720p with settings on low.

Personally, I think the better way is to generate load on the CPU and to my knowledge adding AI opponents is the best way in ACC to achieve that.
    I don't know how many threads ACC can possibly use, though.
    If it's a maximum of 4 or 6, then the difference between a 3900X and a 3700X under normal racing conditions (FullHD, fps limited by GPU) won't make a big difference.
    Memory speed might be the more influencial factor in that case.
    # of AI opponents is limited to 30 iirc. Maybe a 3900X could easily handle 60 opponents? Would be interesting to know. ;)

I think both a dedicated GPU and CPU benchmark mode would be a good idea, but obviously I don't know how big the task would be for the dev team to implement that.
    And for sure they got more important things on their minds.

18. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

For starters my goal wasn't establishing a benchmarking framework. Just wanted to find out if ACC in particular will benefit from multithreading friendly CPUs rather than brute force clock speed ones. If a reasonable grid can more or less achieve a well distributed core usage I would like to compare boost clock speeds with the nowadays 5.1ghz reference speeds favoring single thread approaches. I don't think Epic or High will make a huge difference in GPU bounding (except for mirrors maybe, but that seems to be the taxative nature of that particular inplementation) instead I feel CPUs are bottlenecking running the game loop and handing work to the GPU. Even with VR the problem must be the rendering pipeline and its serialization not the quality of some particular settings... Just gut feeling of course!

Overall just want to find a replacement for my old 4770K and I am am looking for smooth frame times rather than fps.

19. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

I went from a Ryzen 5 1600 to the 3600. Also upgraded my Ram from 2666 to 3200Mhz ram.

All settings on EPIC or HIGH with 19 opponents. Resolution 2560 x 1440 144hz Gsync

surtic86 likes this.
  20. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

+15 to 20 FPS @1440P is not bad. Did U had the 1600 OC-ed and do u plan on doing the same on the 3600?
    That should get ya another few fps.
    What kind of noticable difference is their in the 1 % and 0.1 % lows? Heavy Storm & Night FPS minimums and such?
    Im on the fence jumping from a 2600 to 3600, tempting.

21. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Not sure how to check the minimum fps sorry.

Did not clock the 1600 and see no real need to clock the 3600.

Might get a 2080Ti down the track that should add a "few" fps more.

Just did a race at Paul Riccard with full field of cars... fps was around 87 with a few dips into the high 70's... 2560 x 1440 all settings on their highest...either epic or high.

Loeki likes this.