1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is the game physics to good for the average joe

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. semil

semil Rookie

This is gt4 cars, isn't it? :)

Felge Schneider likes this.
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

idk how much hp gt4 has but i clearly don't see the point of gt2 class.
    if driver is noob just stick with gt4 no need to invent whole new category.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  3. baboon

baboon Alien

It looks like there are many gentleman drivers who find GT4 not appealing enough and GT3 category way too competetive. Aero dependancy and setup sensitivity of the GT3 cars seems to create huge gaps between the pros/semipros and the pure amateurs. Also in GT3 a pure amateur team often has to deal with the factory supported teams who get the best drivers and engineers. Ratel listended to customers, recognized demand and then offer a new market segment.

If I was an pure gentleman driver I would find GT2 very interesting and exciting. The new mix of GT2 and GT4 will and make drivers happy and give teams good new business while GT3 can remain on the top competetive level for customer sport.

Son likes this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

That is all good and all but why name it GT2? why give these cars 700HP which is way more than GT3 cars.
    Top level class should be better in every way even power(which matters ALOT).

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Gentlemen driver != noob

6. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

We definitely need them - various racing series including WEC and GT3 globally would be much much worse off as we would lose half the field seeing they finance them

romandevision likes this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Interesting that you you need to discuss this topic here.

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

For me no different than the skill u need for rf2, ac or even race room. Acc gt3 are pretty glued to the track, as are most gt3s

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Feel like that’s an appropriate quote here

martcerv, Cote Dazur and chksix like this.
  10. I think ACC is the best simulator on the market without any doubt. Re-trying games like AC, PC2, Raceroom and even the same RF2 (excellent without a doubt) I can't find any more satisfaction. And the more they do it complex (hardcore) the more I struggle to stop playing it.

Romneyb, chksix and LeDude83 like this.
  11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Had to laugh at that. Nice joke lol. Pro drivers say gt3 are easy to drive. Just saying.

If u can't drive these at a decent speed and not fall off everywhere your not cut out for any sim. These are easy cars to drive even at a decent speed.
    Don't ever misjudge my skill for yours right pal.

12. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I agree with Mario.
    These cars get pretty out of control when you're trying to wrench out every tenth on every lap and the tire temps and pressures stray too far from optimum.

Watch any onboard of the real Bp cars and you see lots of sawing on the wheel to keep control and maintain speed- much more than most series. It's not a series where you here people talking about how smooth a driver is on the wheel, and the game cars are the same. You got to have fast hands to get the most from these cars and drive them on the edge.

Anyone who thinks these cars are on rails or glued down is just going too slow.

chksix, Timberwind, MTv and 3 others like this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Talk about over react to a simple post.. I didn't mean they were literally stuck to the track, but compared to other classes they are easier to be fast in, otherwise the series wouldn't be open to rich business men and amateurs. People round here need to get their head out of thier own bottoms.

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Take it easy. You made a statement, people had other opinions and replied. I don't see any overreactions honestly and no need to talk about heads and bottoms. Even if someone made a remark on your speed and performance, it's no big deal, at most post a replay and show them otherwise.

After_Midnight, martcerv, iVG and 4 others like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Rich businessmen and amateurs drive pretty much every type and class of car, they mostly own all the best current and historic race cars. Are very much a key part of all historic classes from every era and class from touring to every f1 car ever made. This doesnt mean they are in any way fast in any of these cars and there is a reason they have more then 1 class in the same cars in gt3 racing. Thats because they are nowhere near fast enough to match the proper pro drivers in these cars so glued to the track. ;)

Every car is difficult at the limit and money can buy a faster car but it wont make a driver faster, well they can buy more track time and lessons but there is still a reason some people get paid to drive and others need to pay to get a drive. :D

Nahkamarakatti, MsportDAN and chksix like this.
  16. Am I the only one here that actualy have big respect and give credit to amateur/gentlemen drivers? I mean, 99% of you guys would simply shat your pants going 150km/h through eau rouge, so forget almost flat out, for a full hour, looking in your mirror, driving a 500k+ car, for a seat you have because you worked super hard getting your pro driver license, train while probably having a job (no matter how money this jobs brings you) and find tons of sponsors.

The idea that gentlemen drivers are just lucky rich noob is ridiculus. If a amateur driver qualif 1.5 second behind the leader, you have probably .5 second because of talent, and the other second is car preparation, stress of knowing that you can't affort to crash a 500k$ car, lack of full year training ect...

I totaly understand how a class where cars are less aero dependant, less expensive to repair, and easier to fight for position can be a very good idea for those drivers/teams/passionated peoples.

In all modesty, my fastest lap around spa is 2.16.100, and I still consider myself like a noob, and I would never ever be able to compete in a series like gt3, and all of you guys either, so please don't act like if amateur/gentlement drivers were just rich dudes with no talent, because thats not the case.

17. david m

david m Racer

Simracers will always surprise you because just reading in differents forums of the games/simulators you will see always a lot of 'talented' simracers thinking that play with a toy wheel behind a screen in your house is anything like near to the real life.
    I really think that we need to respect a lot any real driver (pro,amateur,gentleman,karting...) doesn't matter the money. To enter on a RL track with a RL car and going as fast as you can do it, it's something that it's not false, is it true, and it's not a game.

People all over the world wants and have the need to feel good , to feel that are good drivers, or feel that they are good in whatever hobby they have. And if a game can bring this sensation to the people , it's phenomenal because in the end games are bringing people satisfaction and help people to have better and more happy life.

There will be always people thinking that drive a race car in real track and in real race is something easy (it's pretty obvious that it's not easy)
    There will be always people complainign about the people that have money and can compete in RL , complaining about that they think that there's a lot of people that can't compete and never will be real drivers because of the money and blablabla...and is it true,of course, but this is life, and simracing have nothing to do with it.

really think that We have to be happy as nowadays we have very good oportunities with all simulators/games that offers us this realistic simulations of real race cars,tracks,competitions..and we have to learn to take the fun of do this.
    In my opinion it's important to have our feet on the ground and don't think and suppose what we could do in a real car and in a real track based on what we can do in a game/simulator. ;)

18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Having watched streams of the AOR ACC races last night I think the game physics are too good even for aliens let alone average joe's. But they like it so its OK :)

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I never said anything along these lines. I have total respect of anyone paid or paying to get behind a wheel and risk thier life pretty much every race, I've done enough track days and the like to realise its a whole different story with 22 other cars round you fighting for a place!

Just saying these cars are a little easier to handle and get up to speed and race then say other series. Especially in the sim world...

Going by what pro drivers say is true, not heard one say their difficult to drive.. And again why its open to amateurs with money.

What I will say is that I think acc is one of the best sims at replicating the gt3 stickiness than most.. Along with rf2, but they'll still bite you.. .. On the other hand raceroom I think are a little forgiving.

But that's my 2 cents ill leave that there.

david m likes this.