1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

V1.0.6, hardware in signature, Radeon 19.7.1

2019-07-19 13:24:45 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 2237 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 37.283 - Min: 26 - Max: 58

Jynnantonix and LeDude83 like this.
  2. schorni

schorni Rookie

Adrenalin 19.7.2

2019-07-19 18:24:31 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4635 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 77.250 - Min: 57 - Max: 109

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Jynnantonix, Berniyh and LeDude83 like this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice, first result of the 5700XT :)

13 % faster than my 64 and 14 % slower than a 2060 :-(

4. schorni

schorni Rookie

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

6. Ole77

Ole77 Rookie

****! Expected somewhat better performance! Might reconsider my August upgrade plan.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's a real shame...amongst all UE4 titles ACC seems to be one of the worst for Radeon. 5700 XT is better than the normal 2070 in most benchmark - it's the 5700 XT's target on the market! In ACC, the 5700 XT is 35 % slower than the 2070 :-(

I can only encourage all AMD users again to use the report tool in the Radeon driver download section. In the following dialogs you can choose "poor performance".

AMD is adding specific support for selected titles...maybe enough requests will make them cover ACC.

Deatroy and m_box97 like this.
  8. schorni

schorni Rookie

My 5700xt is the reference design from AMD with default settings. It's nothing overclocked. I have also tested with a higher power limit (Afterburner +50), then the card runs at about 2020 MHz at 85-90 degrees Celsius:

2019-07-19 20:37:13 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4690 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 78.167 - Min: 57 - Max: 114

That's not a big difference compared to the standard settings.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Are you sure the GPU even ran at 2020 MHz during the benchmark run? At such temps I'd expect it to auto-throttle.

How about undervolting? It's a common trend for Radeon that undervolting increases clock speed (automatically) and FPS while reducing temps and power consumption.
    Unless you're CPU-bottlenecked, undervolting a Vega, for example, increases FPS by up to 10 %.

10. schorni

schorni Rookie

The first result was with standard settings.
    In Wattman this means "manual" in the tuning settings.
    But there are other settings that I have just tried. "Automatic Undervolting", "Automatic Overclocking of the GPU" and "Automatic Overclocking of the Memory".

Here again fresh measured on all settings (GPU and Memory clock, GPU Temp und Power via HWInfo):

Standard (manual): GPU Clock average ~ 1,920 (max 1,950) Mem Clock 875, max Temp GPU 87, max Power 188 Watt
    Frames: 4661 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 77.683 - Min: 57 - Max: 110

Automatic Undervolting: GPU Clock Average ~ 1,970 (max 2,000) Mem Clock 875, max Temp GPU 88, max Power 188 Watt
    Frames: 4730 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 78,833 - Min: 57 - Max: 113

Automatic Overclocking GPU: GPU Clock Average ~ 2,015 (max 2,070) Mem Clock 875, max Temp GPU 89, max Power 220 Watt
    Frames: 4794 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 79,900 - Min: 58 - Max: 116

Automatic Overclock Memory: GPU Clock Average ~ 1,920 (max 1,940) Mem Clock 890 max Temp GPU 88, max Power 188 Watt
    Frames: 4670 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 77,833 - Min: 57 - Max: 114

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for sharing. Wattman is an ok tool but has some mysterious bugs. Also, the auto tuning settings did little to nothing for me. I re-installed the driver, did NOT click accept in the Wattman, a ymore and switched back to Afterburner.

But you can do it in Wattman if you prefer that tool. Just set the voltage control to manual and reduce each value by, say, 80 mV.

12. schorni

schorni Rookie

I have added data for power and temperatures

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

Thanks for the results @schorni and congrats for the new system.
    Its what we about what we expected @LeDude83 your vega is the best variant out there so difference will be around 15 % for similar models .
    @Ole77 simlar by me for ACC better get rtx 2600 Super or rtx 2700 for 400usd/420 euro i personally will go for strix 2070 super

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

cant edit my post so i will write another.
    When you buying new GPU you have to consider your monitor and the Freesync support. It make big diffidence
    Some Freesync monitor work with Nvidia, but some not (especially the 75hz variants).
    In this case 5700xt is better option bcs 80 fps is still respectable and you will get much better experience than 100+ fps on 60hz (bcs you can run 75hz only with freesync on those monitors)
    We dont have to forget also anti lag that works well in 60-80 fps range and eventually radeon image sharpening.
    So we dont have to write of 5700xt in all cases

15. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, if it's not compatible you won't have variable refresh but the max refresh of the monitor stays @75Hz, if it's compatible the only thing you will miss is LFC (low framerate compensation). I would still suggest to have both high refresh rate and freesync because it's buttery smooth.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can always run a monitor at its max refresh rate without adaptive sync.
    LFC should work as well if the range of the display is wide enough. If you're looking for a Freesync 2 display that should be the case.

17. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

If we talk about LG monitors you can do real 75hz only in freesync mode otherwise you can force 75hz with nvidia control panel but you will have 75hz with frame skiping. (they are alot of threads about this in other forums ). Im not sure if nvidia support fully and without bugs (blurring) adaptive sync on those type of displays.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The Combination of cheap FreeSync monitors and Radeon GPUs remain s a strong selling point. I tested a very good Gainward Phantom GS 2070 in March or so as Nvidia had announced FS support. Activating adaptive sync worked well and it clearly did its job. But the Vega did the job a lot better, much smoother. Maybe the reason was this frame skipping thing Martin mentioned. I wasn't aware of that...I should have tested 60 Hz mode. But as Martin says - you want your 75 Hz FreeSync Monitor to run at proper 75 Hz with proper adaptive sync.

Martin_Top likes this.
  19. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

2019-07-22 19:03:40 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6737 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 112.283 - Min: 100 - Max: 123

CPU at stock / GPU at stock / Memory at stock... nothing overclocked.

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@AC Support it seems like I'm unable to edit the first post in this thread. Or am I missing something?