1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I love the 5 point tire model, and haven't tried it yet!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Tim Wilson, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I haven't stopped thinking about the 5 point tires sense hearing about them. Great, must watch, Blog and video! https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/
    I'm salivating over the thought of feeling the tire width through the wheel, and the prospect of finding new track to race on. Every track has at least one turn, if not many, that will surely benefit from 5 point tires. Not just by fixing the physics, but by enhancing the individual nuances of every curb in the game.

Yes- Five point tires are here to completely fix the curb behavior issues, as they will, but the real potential is obviously way more than just that.

Willsuhr77 and Salvatore Amato like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars J. Gounon w/ Bentley gloves on 21/22' AMGs Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Server rollover breaks telemetry data Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room DC-SimRacing SimRacingGloves.com Endurance League Feb 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I want to Love this Game... Wheel Won't Work Feb 4, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Unloved 11900k worth it ! Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible for the US region CP servers to get some love? Nov 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Two features i would love to see on ACC Oct 12, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Love/hate (pit stops) Sep 26, 2020
    ACC Physics Jaguar competitive for league racing? Seems unloved... Sep 24, 2020
    Console Lounge Kunos, will you share the love with console owners in ACC? Jun 2, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars PLEASE HELP, I love ACC, please fix the bumper cam May 4, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars can we have carbon fiber template back, it's lovely Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Custom driver gloves Dec 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos! Let us show you some love and allow us pre order IGT DLC Nov 9, 2019
    Screens & Videos I love Monza Sep 11, 2019

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yes I may just turn into an Alien after this :p

4. The power of the placebo will be strong.

5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Is confidence by placebo not still confidence?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Look on the plus side,... just think how many drivers here, owe Kunos for "mussel memory" training, and there wasn't even any added costs.

So quit complaining, it was a freebee.

7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I feel you. ACC already made me so much better. Sometimes I shock myself in this sim.

I think 5pt is gonna be a race to see who finds the new lines first, and everyone who don't will be in the dust.
    I'd like to see the track limits loosened up to go with this. To match the rl judging. Where if everyone is over the line it's ok in some turns. For me the wider you take these cars the more fun they are to drive.

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I guess I should have put a :) in that post, but thought it was obvious.

So you don't have to,... "I feel me",...

And as far as "over the line", we can do that already.

9. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Or be less cryptic or more to the point. An emote can't save every comment.

What turn can you get all 4 off every time w/o a cut warning and penalty?

10. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

David Perel explained track limit rules right here. This is the way I would like to have it. More flexible- less draconian.

rycil and LucaBenj like this.
  11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Holly s*** dude, it was obviously humor,... get it,... no need to,... "be less cryptic or more to the point".

Lighten up, you will live longer.

And your post did NOT state all four over, just simply,... "over the line".

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

In before all the "ffb is so dull now" haters.

Just think about it. All the high frequency noise they usually obsess over will be filtered out in the new model. There will be riots.

Sent fra min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk

13. can you explain? I'm completely new to this

edit: ok ignore this

14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

It may help the FFB. We could find that it provides 5x the road effects through the wheel (each at a lighter intensity). There are quite a few sweeping bends at the moment ie at Silverstone where I get kind of medium-strong intermittent 'taps' on the ffb when driving through certain corners. This could be the result of the single point tyre model clipping across surface divots on the track (talking about driving on the black stuff here, not curbs). The 5 point system could smooth this out and provide finer detail of the track surface.

Marlborofranz and Atle Dreier like this.
  15. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

I'm mostly looking forward to the

"Bring back the 1 point tyre model" thread 5 minutes after release :rolleyes:

:D :p

16. redadeg

redadeg Racer

When goes it in Beta?

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well yes for sure one of the "disadvantages" maybe for some, is that the FFB over kerbs is more informative, but far more subtle. Since the forces are spread of the full width of the footprint, you obviously don't get that FFB "hit" when going over certain kerbs, neither so wild vibrations on stepped kerbs.
    On the other hand I do believe there are some more subtle sensations while driving, but you guys will be the judges.

18. Captain Barracuda

I wonder if they'll even offer a beta of this. If they run a public beta there will be drivers on the single point and drivers on the 5 point on track at the same time as only us enthusiasts sign up for or are even aware of the public betas. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't run a public beta.

19. Captain Barracuda

Would dialling up the road effects slider bring the curb effects 'volume' up a bit?

20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Probably yes, I haven't tried it, as I believe that adding road effects, covers up the other subtle movements of the FFB... but I guess a 10-20% should be nice

21. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

My G29 and his gear driven FFB is happy to hear that but on the other side of the coin I fear that those small details will be very difficult to feel with low end wheels.

zeva and LATE4APEX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.