1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Maksym Yefanov, Jul 20, 2019.

?

Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys

1. Yes, they need more money for developing

40 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No, i'm not agree with that

89 vote(s)
    69.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They deserve it, so i think it's not so big price to spend every year to get better and better physics and graphycs

Willsuhr77 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions ACC Multiplayer - AI Poll Mar 22, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club Season 2 | Saturdays at 2100 EST Jul 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Does your league use Dynamic Weather? Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Poll of US-region drivers Apr 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Sa-Rating Poll [What is your Sa-Rating?] Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club | NA Based | Regular Events Saturdays at 2100 EST Feb 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Hardest Corner? Sep 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race duration preference [POLL] Jul 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room F1 Austria poll Jun 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll Time! Mar 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [Poll] Misano: What is your pace? Oct 11, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL Mar 9, 2018
    Console Lounge Can't find the thread on the Ferrari's poll (posted yesterday by @ShredatorFIN) Jun 21, 2017

3. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Since I also love the more traditional cars, and the various formula, I would gladly buy also AC1 with a nice update on the tyre model with the new 5 points

Zinny and Romneyb like this.
  4. dek

dek Racer

I doubt it will influence the development...dont get me wrong but I tend to pay after I got a satisfactory product.

theivansk and MsportDAN like this.
  5. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I kinda feel ashamed for only paying 25 EUR for this product during EA release 1. Now I have an awesome racing game in the making, surely to be even better moving forward.

If any future DLC will be made available to buy I will definitely look favorably at the opprtunity to buy it at full price as compensation :rolleyes:

MonzterPixel and popo87 like this.
  6. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

I wouldn't want to just buy the game again, but if it were possible to do some crowdfunding of specific engine/gameplay improvements that I wanted, sure. And I will probably buy any DLC if it helps fund improvements in those areas as well.

I agree with the above statement - I have plenty of complaints about ACC but price is not one of them. I've certainly gotten my money's worth already, although I'd rather have paid 2x the price for something a bit more complete. I do hope Kunos have the funds to keep developing it because I think with a few specific improvements, and once the hardware catches up, it has the opportunity to be THE definitive racing sim.

7. It's too hard to create all physics code they made, they spend a lot of time. It's hard and also need test by professional drivers who know real physics law, not just a race driver. This is too hard. You guys must understand this. Every one wants rest, car, vocational but all of this you'll get only if you have money :) No money, no energy for creation. That' a life, real life, not a game!

Willsuhr77 likes this.
  8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You can't buck the market, a great product sells itself. ACC has a great base, has plenty of room for improvement and continues to inch towards greatness.

theivansk, MsportDAN and chakko like this.
  9. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

That's exactly what i'm thinking. IMO driving is great and will be even better when updated tyre model comes out. Also rating system is fantastic and it maybe requires a bit of fine tuning but nothing big.
    ACC is lacking in gaming side but you can clearly see how much work and passion Kunos are putting into this project. I'd say few big and good updates and ACC will defend itself.

10. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

In Simracing games I agree with the DLC philosophy.
    I buy every DLC in every racing sim (not in i-racing).
    That's my way of supporting the developers.
    If we show our passion by acquiring the DLCs, the developers are motivated for a long time.
    My opinion.

11. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

That's what DLC's are for

theivansk likes this.
  12. DLC is when corporations want to get your money. Yearly is the best way for normal companies that want just create and earn money for life! That's only my thoughts

Luciano Micale likes this.
  13. dek

dek Racer

Its a company, they should have a business plan. This costs had to be clear before having development on the way...

14. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Don't get me wrong, and I understand and approve of your point of view. I prefer the DLC mode, which I prefer because it is more direct and transparent. For example, I prefer it to the wicked codemasters saga, which sells you the same game every year for 70 euros.

jaykinch likes this.
  15. LRM

LRM Simracer

Just gift it to friends or fellow simracers!

deadmeat2k, chakko and Romneyb like this.
  16. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

And look at fifa games they change one or two things in the game and BANG another 50 odd quid year in and year out

If the fifa people made this game they wouldn’t drop patches for like 5 point tire stuff and things like that, they would wait a year and charge you full price

17. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

They should be charging us for new cars(like DLC)so that all that hard work is paid well and devs get motivated.
    I'm sure they don't only get happy because of money from what i can see these people at KUNOS are passionate about cars and bring them to life in virtual world and they have succeded no doubts(best sim right now).

romandevision likes this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

Exactly. WTH... if you want to part with your money, donate it for a good cause.

19. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

They expect you to buy DLCs, that's how you can support them in the future, gib money, git content. That's a fair deal and they plan for it to be that way.

20. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Did someone say KS was in the dog house? Digital Bros had a bad 2018, but it's said they're supposed to be turning it around this year- without relying on ACC.

Team Kunos will probably make more on this title than they would by working on someone else's game, even with relatively low sales, because they have multiple revenue streams none of us really even know about. And they maintain independence and ownership of the IP.

Starving kids need charity. Chris Roberts needs charity. Jimmy Broadbent needs charity. If I thought KS needed charity I probably wouldn't be here. If ACC don't meet expectations and they were to lose their contract and forced to go back to indy statis, I'll still support their future work, as many of us would. I'd like to be in their position.

21. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Nice sentiment but not sure it’s the right approach. I’ll buy any and all DLCs. I’d also support via a Kickstarter of some sort that gave me Premium features, content and / or status. I would definitely buy merchandise, particularly if it was Blancpain GT merch, subtly cobranded ACC (not super keen on wearing a computer game t shirt, too old for that).

There are definitely ways and means for the hard core to open their wallets, but I don’t think that buying a second copy of the game is the answer.

Turk, chksix and dek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.