1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Health question... how are your wrists? - Kunos MD

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by isma_c_r, Jul 20, 2019.

1. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Hi guys!

Somedays, after playing hard ACC, after a couple of days my wrist start to hurt, like if I had a twist. It hurts doing very specific movents that are difficult to reproduce, you are just doing things and it hurts. Particularly sometimes you use the thumb to grab things, or doing some movements white typing.

Has this happened to you? Do I really have to exercising my wrists to get in in good shape before driving? I don't want to end up with some kind of long term injury or tendonitis...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Spa 12 Hour Endurance - RWB fundraiser for Mind mental health charity Sep 30, 2020
    Suggestions Possibility of pedal, brake and clutch on-screen indicators - Health reasons Oct 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room VR Health Side Effects Sep 17, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    Sounds modding QUESTION FOR HORN ABOUT FMOD SOFTWARE Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TS-XW Steer Lock question Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting two questions in one Sep 16, 2022

3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Is your your wheel is too low. Your hands should be at about shoulder height for the most natural fit. Too low and you really stress your wrists.

Rotemezer likes this.
  4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Get rid of your girlfriend, this will help with your wrist strength

5. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

How's your overall sitting position?
    How strong is FFB if you have?

Attached Files:

6. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Mostly A wrist gets strong.... Screenshot_20190720_233423.jpg

Dewald Nel, chksix, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  7. Grip the wheel lightly, don't try to choke it.... Try relax your hands as much as possible.

This advice is more fit on a music forum, but it applies here as well!

Fremen_78, chksix and Ludovick daoust like this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Until my new P1-X rig arrives I am using my old one with my dd1 and due to lack of adjustment it is angled downloads so my hands are very low. My wrists don't hurt at all but my shoulders do ache.

9. dangerranger

dangerranger Rookie

I drive a car all day at work, when I'm not driving I'm typing on a poor keyboard. On my days off I often drive for a couple hours at a time. I had surgery on both wrists while young.

My fingers and wrists ache after long drives. Driving sims don't bother me much, but I keep the stints to about 30 mins typically.

10. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

I got little aches left knee after longer sessions -. -
    assume not gettin younger...

11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Me too# I think it's caused by the Playseat with the center pillar blocking the natural angle to the brake pedal on the G29 pedal plate. Left knee is also not used to push hard on the pedal so I have to practice more with LFB. And doing squats to warm up before driving.

12. sadly yes it happened to me and has been going on for some years.

I found in my case is due to driving with my wrists "collapsed" into the wheel... I do that both when simracing and real driving, it got a bit better by trying not to do that and also by wearing those carpal tunnel restraints at night. In my case it's really all about avoiding big angles in my wrists.

Sometimes I ended a driving session with my wrists literally on fire.
    As soon I go for a long drive and I forget to keep my wrists straight it comes back, not nice.

Considering the job I have you can imagine how "inconvenient" this is :(

sps_for_race and After_Midnight like this.
  13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

yes that pillar is really annoying, however aches don't disappear completely without it, to load hinges in that way causes Probs... Warm up a little before us a good way to do

chksix likes this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

I just had some pain for a while, nothing serious, in my case the Gyrotwiser/Powerball helped, besides its kinda fun to use it.*
    Working out always helps, especially specific exercises.
    But with the wrong training you can make it worse.
    Like always its best to go see a doc rather sooner than later.

*the dude not saying a word, the postsers in the background and the alarm sound makes this video more entertaining imo:

15. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

nope, the position is quite natural, is not because of that
    but i love her, bud!!
    similar to what i would have in a real racing car, and the FFB is not strong, though in ACC is generally stronger than in AC, at least in my case. But not very tough at all
    It's a pain in the ***, I work with a computer all day and really pisses me off, but also in normal activities. I guess that working all day in a computer, riding the bike every day and playing ACC do not help. I've also thought that maybe the diameter of the g27 is too small and the position of the wrists is not natural, i should try a bigger wheel

16. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

My wrists hurt if I race for long time. I have turned down the force feedback to 70 on my Fanatec CSW v2.5. That helps.

17. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I never ever have pain in my wrists, IRL I drove 85000km / year for the last 2 years and never felt any pain in my wrists, in simulators when I was a teenager I had a lot of sessions of >4h/day and I never had any problem. But my neck is a different matter, it happens only in simracing because of a bad position of the steering wheel.

chksix likes this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, neck and face pains due to VR makes me have to stop and pause after about an hour. The Vive HMD is heavy and needs to be tightened hard to stop it from slipping down.

19. I cannot believe there are not exercises or good habits to get used to. if you speak with a physiotherapist, I'm sure you will solve the problem. that twister looks cool =D

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I second that. Exercise is key if you spend a lotof time (hobby, work, travel) in a position that the human wasn't really cut out for. I'm almost exclusively desk-working and trying hard to not lose my health by doing sports.

For what OP says I'd just suggest to simply move your body. Move your arms in ways you don't usually do, move your wrists, shoulders, pelvis, legs...all of it. Don't forget the back, as pain pretty much anywhere in the body can come from the back. The "cat's arched back to the pot-bellied pig" is a good exercise, as Lord Kunos will surely agree.

21. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Maybe adjusting the angle of the wheelrim
    could help your wrists. The top of the wheel should be slightly further away from you as the bottom of the rim. If you can adjust this angle try to play around with it.
    I did it wrong on on my custom rig, that's how i learned about that. The distance to the wheel is also important. With your shoulders rested on the seat you should have your wrist resting on the top of the rim, when your arm is fully extended (as a guideline). Height is most comfortable somewhere around neck/chin height.
    I hope you are able to find a more ergonomic position!

isma_c_r likes this.