1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

Hello everyone. Mr_belowski has graciously merged my ACC code into CC and produced a beta for testing.

Note the word *BETA* and it is for *ACC* only. There are other work-in-progress changes in this release that means there may be issues not related to the ACC code. I have tried it a number of times and had no problems but, your mileage may vary.

The only person that has used this so far is me. Feel free to post any issues here but if you do then I'd like the CC console output (copy the console log into a text file and attach to the message is the best way) and a good description of the issue.

As mentioned previously we do not have all the data we need. The primary messing feature is the spotter. At a minimum the following is supported. Note that CC does not always say these, especially if your CC settings tell the system to mention them less frequently.

* Lap times
    * Sector times
    * Time to closest person in front/behind me
    * Damage notification (At the moment this often disagrees with what ACC says)
    * Chatter (Like: "go, go go", "one lap to go", "5 mins to go", etc)

I am sure I get more but that is all I can think of right now plus I only do short races for testing.

Also note that I only added ACC support so I am not a general contact for everything CC. For other CC questions or info go to http://thecrewchief.org forums. So general CC info, go to their forums, for CC info specific to the ACC plugin. Post here, until ACC support goes live.

Here is the beta link: http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.8.9_beta.msi

Good luck, and have fun!

pjj1180, Pheebau, Sword and 54 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools Crew Chief overhaul for ACC Feb 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room crew chief missing the right position online Nov 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Crew Chief Jul 7, 2019
    ACC Audio Make crew chief louder, cannot understand it... Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay crew chief does not warn me if I have to do a drive through Apr 18, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds crew chief not working Mar 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room VR with mic question using Crew Chief Jan 15, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Crew Chief V4 coms audio mod. Nov 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa PC Getting Started Guide including Content Manager, Sim Racing System & the Crew Chief Sep 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Using VR - Crew Chief and Discord in headset / Game sounds through speakers - Possible? Aug 20, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Crew Chief not making spotting calls after update? Mar 28, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Crew Chief for Assetto Corsa Sep 6, 2016
    ACC Tools ACC Pitcrew Nov 18, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager has screwed me Nov 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series x pit crew May 30, 2022

3. ignission

ignission Simracer

This is great news, thanks for all your efforts! ;)

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Let's hope Kunos will bring missing datas for spotter in 1.0.7.

Fremen_78 and F1Aussie like this.
  5. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

So if I install this, my AC Crew Chief does not work anymore? or can I have two versions installed?

Anyway I will test this later.

Thank You!

6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Thanks , brilliant

7. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

AC will probably still work. But I've only tried ACC so you may have to reinstall the live version for AC if you have any problems.

Tino66 likes this.
  8. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

installing this won't affect functionality for other games - everything should continue to work as before. As pointed out in the first post, this build does contain some other unrelated changes that we're still working on so there *might* be unrelated issues - we (the CC team) would greatly appreciate feedback on this release, particularly if you find something that's been broken

9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Jim Britton
    When do you think will the ACC functionality be merged to the normal CC version?

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

we love you guys!

11. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Linked this thread on my Discord so should get some decent reports to help bug fix ect soon.

AurusCE and XettMan like this.
  12. Jim Britton

some time in the next week or two i think, real-life permitting

13. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for fast response and of course for the best app in simracing (for me).
    I really love CC (and the spotter Clare).

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Great news! Last sim to wait for. Hope we soon also get ‘car to your left/right’ warnings :)

15. cool news! thanks alot. :)

16. Once installed, what should I do to make it work? I couldn't ...
    thanks

17. Jim Britton

not sure TBH (I don't have the game). If there's an option in-game to enable UDP telemetry then I think this would need to be enabled. Select ACC from the Crew Chief game list and hit 'Start'

18. Radar does that very well atm, however, I've heard many people have it switched off. For single screeners like me, it's a must.

=MLF=Nick86ITA likes this.
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yeah it doesn't work yet for me either

20. +1

21. Not working for me too.