1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Health question... how are your wrists? - Kunos MD

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by isma_c_r, Jul 20, 2019.

1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I find that I get the best control etc when sitting like a rally driver. The F1 position is too stretched out IMO.

Hexadecimator likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't get pains in my wrists the first part of me to get fatigued is my shoulders.

If you search for wrist strengthening exercises you'll find plenty.

3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please attach your logs folder. :)

Seriously though, it sounds like you have a minor inflammation due to overworking your wrists, which will probably go away in a few days but you should still consider this as proper workout, and do some warmup exercises before driving and maybe even try some workout exercises if your wrists are generally quite weak.

Dookie, isma_c_r, chksix and 2 others like this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I too do have some problems sometimes, but for me it's mostly the wheel that makes the difference.
    I do have 3 wheels, two round ones (Momo Prototipo and OMP Recce) with 350mm diameter and I have zero problems with those.
    But I also have a Sparco P310 with 310mm diameter and with that one I tend to have wrist issues if I drive at too high forces (10-20 Nm) and for a long time.
    I'm not sure if it's the diameter or the grip type (has a different cross-section than the ones on the bigger wheels), but one of these or the combination of the two.

So if you have the chance to try out another wheel that might be worth a try. It can make a big difference.
    It might go away, but from my experience when you've got issues like that it's recommended to reduce the load on that wrist for at least a week, better two weeks.
    Otherwise it might come back very quickly.

isma_c_r and pankykapus like this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

btw, taping your wrist might also help:

Climbers do that sometimes when they have wrist issues.

6. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

Sounds like it could be Carpal Tunnel syndrome, aka mousearm, very common behind the computer, or mobile. Some proper massage can help a lot

7. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

I discarded it because I don't have those symptoms

• numbness, tingling, and pain in your thumb and the first three fingers of your hand.
    • pain and burning that travels up your arm.
    • wrist pain at night that interferes with sleep.
    • weakness in the muscles of the hand.
    Just the wrist pain.

anyway, thank you to all of your for your advice and experience. I'm going to work on wrist exercises and the wheel angle, which i think it's provoking this and hope for the best. Unfortunately changing the wheel is out of reach right now

8. do you feel the part where it hurts. it can be just infiammation of some articulation. dont play for 15dd and it will come back to normal. Try to use gloves and move your hands frequently

isma_c_r likes this.
  9. trobmaster

trobmaster Rookie

Hi, as said before, one of the most common mistake is to set the wheel too low, compared to your seat ; this could lead to what Lord Kunos explains....

You can try to avoid strong tightening on the wheel too ; when the race is "hot", you tend to tighten the wheel harder (was my case before), and with the FFB it's a pain for the wrists... Not easy to avoid, when you are "on fire", but at the end of the race, you feel the pain for sure :)

I work on a computer the whole day too, and at the beginning I often had sore wrists.... So I try to avoid those movements / positions :
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

I ride around 20000km per year on my bike too (+ around 10000km with my car + virtual racing), so I really pay attention to my wrists position, and everything is fine now :)

isma_c_r likes this.
  10. fabT

fabT Alien

Sure.

In my case has to do with carpal tunnel.

Sometimes after long simdriving sessions i have to put some ice on my right wrist.
    Not the best way to deal with it, but for now i will avoid any surgical solutions (unless needed).

isma_c_r likes this.
  11. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I am not sure that this would create wrist pain, but I know in my case I prefer 300mm rims to the 270mm or 280mm diameters of some others. Having broader shoulders smaller rims are an awkward reach when positioned correctly as Shanti illustrated. By using a larger diameter wheel it may reposition your grip to provide you with some relief, but it might be more about grip diameter than wheel diameter. Have you tried gloves or wrapping the wheel to cause your hand to be more relaxed (less curl to your fingers) when holding the wheel?

12. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

It's not the size itself, it's how I grab a small wheel, with the wrists like bent towards the inside, instead of holding the arm straight. A bigger wheel "forces" you somehow to open your arms and keep the wrists in a more natural position. I don't have problems "driving fast" for 30-40 minutes in my favourite B roads and I'm pretty sure I use more strength than in ACC, that's why I think it might be related to this. Or maybe the wheel position not in terms of height, but in tilt

13. JonnyHoonIt

JonnyHoonIt Rookie

There’s a wrist exercise called “tipping the waiter”. Works wonders.

Also Deep Heat do a product called “deep freeze”. Basically a menthol spray you can apply to your wrists.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

feeding chickens is excellent for hard thick wrists