1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE "Kunos Experimental Server" opens again!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Finished a race and
    Awesome, I’ll jump on for a few laps after work.
    Do you know what was the deal with being stuck getting lifted up repeatedly if you return to pits and then hit drive again?

You may have answered this on the server but I could have missed it

2. I was doing two sessions without any problems at the exp. server beside the fact I was alone :)
    One thing I've noticed in multiplayer races there are cars which open the doors for a split of a second. But that's not related to the 1.0.7 server.

Greets After_Midnight

GoBo likes this.
  3. GoBo

GoBo Gamer

Thanks!!
    Once I thought that i had seen doors open and close for a fraction of a second, but when I viewed the replay everything was Ok, I still don't kwow if I was alucinating or if it was a bug. Now I feel better even if the doors never were opened. ;)
    BTW It was also in a online race.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    After_Midnight likes this.
  4. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I have seen this effect in single player as well I believe, but not too sure.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Did a quick few laps today and can confirm the lap timing issue is sorted.

Issue with being lifted up in the pits constantly looping is gone now as well

Thank you :)

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, 100% related. In a nutshell, the bug let the server's timing component think it's in the SP Superpole mode (with 0 laps instead of 2), which causes the car to think the session is over after lap 1. Now obviously the session was fine, but anything that is ran by the car itself (like sending split events, or teleporting) was out of sync and acting in undefined way.. That's why we saw "post race" screens, weird teleport loops and not sending laptimes.

Right. @evil had a ... let's call it "fix" for the 1.0.7 client

That would be actually *very* interesting to know - if that happens in SP as well, we're searching at the wrong places.

Serge M and After_Midnight like this.
  7. I've never seen this in SP :) But I'm not the right reference in this case cause doing 98% multiplayer :p

8. WolfsBlut

WolfsBlut Rookie

The Kunos Experimental Server have a Ping of 46ms but i can not sea CP Servers :(

I Live in Germany

9. Minolin

Deliberately put it on the same machine -.-

10. WolfsBlut

WolfsBlut Rookie

what do you mean @Minolin ? , with the same machine ?

11. Minolin

this experimental server runs on the same hardware as the CP server, so we can see if somebody has problems here. But appearantly not, so it's the menu, in combination with something that is different on this PC configuration

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. WolfsBlut

WolfsBlut Rookie

Ah okay. I hope you and kunos can fix this Problem. I mean and Sure you can

13. it happens when you exit the server list menu. everything is blocked and sometimes also no cp available.
    once go to main page and then come back to multi page again, everything is ok.

everything's blocked only on pad. so a keyboard user won't figure out the bug.
    So he will receive the info on no cp only.
    This is how it happens on mine

m_box97 and Max Doubt like this.
  14. Minolin

Server opened again on the latest version; most prominent would be some changes to the weather system, so please let me know if you spot something weird here (except that it should be.. quite sensational :D )
    It's also possible that you get disconnected after a race jumped to practice again, that's "normal" and nothing to worry about.

15. I did three full sessions and everything was good beside the fact I was racing alone.
    The weather system is awesome :) and work very well.
    Just the session changes are a little bit hard.
    Maybe fade the track out -> Blancpain -> fade in the track with the session changes invisble in the background.
    Great work :)

16. The important thing is also to know if the track has dried properly. This is a problem from the previous version, the track dried very slowly, even giving the impression that it does not dry in sessions of less than 45 minutes.

If you watched the German F1 GP this weekend and the 24-hour Spaf, note that even in cloudy weather, the track does not take many turns to form the track.

This did not happen in multiplayer mode.

The question remains whether this new version has fixed this.

trasgu likes this.
  17. Minolin

"Fixed" is maybe too strong as a word. It's better for sure.
    The problem is that this is a classical "complex" situation. So many things influence what happens, both in the sim and even more in reality.

Looking at a handful of real-life weather situations without knowing every aspect doesn't necessarily give us a good blueprint how it should look like; in fact since I got in touch with the weather system in ACC I cannot stop doing this in real life :D Any rain or tarmac wetness is estimated and translated into wetness/puddles/rain levels, and I'm stopping the clock to get a figure of how long it takes to dry out to new estimates of wetness levels ;) And often I'm surprised how "similar" situations tend to bring very different results, e.g. wind, humidity, sun angle/intensitiy and whatnot can easily give a minutes or hours of difference.

18. Because I was alone at the track it should be need much longer to get a try line as a full grid race.
    So I can't rate this one.

Ludovick daoust likes this.
  19. I understand. From what I observed in the game, the condition of soaked track (excess water) takes a lot to lower when it stops raining. While in real this condition only remains during it is raining hard.

Then the track gets wet, but with a relative drainage of the excessive volume of water.

In that video I showed you, this is noticeable. The session started with the track with an absurd volume of water on the track, even though it was no longer raining.

But I'm happy with an evolution and be aware of it.

Did you even notice if the formation of the dry trail is noticeable now?

In every test in multiplayer, my friends and I noticed drying, though slow. But it was never possible to observe the formation of the dry trail.

20. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

Some epic weather at Silverstone this evening... Pretty much UK like at the moment.

Glorious sunset by the way! :cool:

Cheers for the races M.Branch???? (Porsche)

MABR and After_Midnight like this.