1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Here's a new result with 0.4.2.

2019-01-10 14:37:08 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6466 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 107.767 - Min: 88 - Max: 140

Edit: Result was achieved with CPU in game boost mode @4.5 GHz and RAM @3600 MHz.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Deatroy likes this.
  2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

In other topics they say 8GB Ram are getting used completely.
    2GB Windows and a few programs at background (steam, Fraps, Discord..) will use the rest.
    This could affect your performance as well.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think I know which comments you refer to and wish to add: those claims were never backed up with any numbers or figures. I actually checked the RAM usage in my Benchmark run in Afterburner and although I didn't take a screenshot, you can trust me that it was dead stuck at ~4500 MB.

It might just not be the correct value to look at - maybe the OS assigns a certain amount of RAM to the applications based on how much is available, in total. This could explain the FPS gains being reported after increasing RAM size.
    What has been proven is definitely how RAM speed affects FPS performance in CPU stress scenarios.

I see that with my latest results I beat 7th and 8th generation i7 CPUs. So it's pretty obvious that we don't only test CPU here but the peripherals, mainly RAM and possibly also mainboard. I think we won't be able to separate the CPU, really. We'd need to fix RAM speed but that's a bit of a stretch. The results are very valuable IMO - you don't need the fastest CPU for ACC. If you add mainboard and RAM to the table, it's pretty much a buying recommendation for ACC PCs.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Fully right.
    I should rename the Topic maybe due that fact.
    Also i start tuning my ram, to see how much boost i can get out of it.

Well it depends on how you want to play this game.
    For now in VR you need the 2 strongest hardware parts right now available to hold 90 FPS.
    But yea, good overview is possible to get.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Fresh result with 0.6.5:

2019-03-29 05:49:07 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7292 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 121.533 - Min: 107 - Max: 140

7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Actually i am out of this topic. Wont update it, so someone else need to cover if he wants to.

8. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Here you go...for what its worth... Ryzen 5 3600 results..

2019-07-24 21:13:21 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6690 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 111.500 - Min: 101 - Max: 123

Deatroy, LeDude83 and Loeki like this.
  9. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Disable SMT and try again. You will be surprised (For people reading this, it also benefits Intel)

Deatroy likes this.
  10. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Do you have some benchmarks to document the benefit of disabling SMT/HT?

11. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I made the test myself with rivatuner benchmark feature, before and after disabling HT. Its quite a big increase, specially in minimum framerates.

But dont trust me. Test it yourself on your machine. Its easy.

12. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Thanks for the suggestion..it seems to have broken my PC... I turned SMT off in Ryzen Master and it said it needed to reboot...upon reboot...machine wouldn't boot at all....only way to get it to boot is by clearing CMOS and using AUTO settings for anything. I am now unable to change ANYTHING in the BIOS for when I do the PC wont boot.... ugh!!!

13. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Which asrock motherboard do you have?

14. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Asrock B350 Gaming K4 with latest BIOS... Have just reflashed the BIOS and will now attempt to change a BIOS setting to see if it boots normally.

15. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Just reflashed the BIOS but am still unable to change anything in the BIOS that does not result n the PC not booting!! FFS!

16. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

boot normally and reset ryzenmaster settings inside windows. Uninstall it after that.

17. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Ryzen 3600 result incoming over the weekend! :D

Deatroy likes this.
  18. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Did you followed my instruction on site 1 or did you benched vs 30 AI like we discussed in the 3900x performance topic? Anyway thanks!
    Sadly we cant compare the values from earlier results. Actually it got worse from V0.3 till now ^^

19. Kusoni

Kusoni Rookie

With settings in the first post:
    2020-02-04 03:18:48 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 9680 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 161.333 - Min: 140 - Max: 186

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Is 9900k enough to play with 40 AI ?