1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with Fanatec Pedals?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by MobyDuck, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Hi guys,

in case I was too stupid to use the search function properly, I would like to excuse myself in advance.
    I expect that this must be a more common question definately already discussed somewhere in the forum but I could not find anything. :(

As the titel says I would like to know if you can ran a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer wheel with the Fanatec pedalset?
    I plan to upgrade from a Logitec G27 and the most important requirement I have is a loadcell brake like the one from Fanatec.
    But as they have raised the prices recently quite a lot (going from 599€ to 699€ for the CSL Elite set with the formula wheel) I thought about getting the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer wheel.
    Unfortunately Thrustmaster does not provide any Loadcell brake pedals.

I think I already found some voices on the net saying it is possible as the Fanatec and Thrustmaster systems use USB as a connection standard.

But still unclear to me is.....

a.) How can the Loadcell be adjusted as this is done via the Fanatec wheel I believe?
    b.) Would be both drivers needed? Thrustmaster for the wheel and the Fanatec driver for the pedals?
    c.) Does the pedals work then as good as they would function combined with a Fanatec wheel?

Maybe some of you even ran this setup and can clear things up for me :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No rev leds with Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 in version 1.8 [Resolved by Advanced Mode] Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using thrustmaster ts-pc wheel with logitech G27 pedal (not wheel) Jan 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TS-PC or Fanatec Wheelbase 2.5 Jun 13, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does Heusinkveld pedal Pro/2 Pedal and Thrustmaster TS-PC works with Wheel Stand Pro? Jan 8, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TS-PC / TS-XW suggested settings Jan 19, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster SF 1000 on TH-WX base no screen data Mar 18, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TH8S Aug 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T-GT2 Jul 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V1.9 Thrustmaster force feedback is coming back strongly Jun 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster update Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TCLM May 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster T818 FFB issue Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Thrustmaster T818 Apr 9, 2023

3. steevee

steevee Racer

A, the load cell can be adjusted in the Fanatec driver control panel.

B, absolutely yes, you'll need to install both thrustmaster and Fanatec drivers.

C, the pedals work exactly as they would with any wheel... Perfectly..

I have the same combination...

Miguel Azera likes this.
  4. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I’ve got a Bodin load cell for my thrustmaster t3pa pedals, and it’s a massive improvement, and a lot cheaper than a set of pedals. I can recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

@steevee
    Thanks... that's good to know :)

@paul_wev
    Thanks for the tip as well. Had a quick look on their web page and the load cell mod seems to be sold out at the moment.
    But from the price perspective I would end up also around the 200€ mark like for the fanatec set of pedals + load cell.
    Also I assume you have to run a specific driver to adjust the load cell?

6. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

No , I still use the thrustmaster driver? The conversion just changes the rotary motion from the standard pedal potentiometer to the force pressed on the pedal. They were sold out when I ordered mine a while back, so I emailed John Bodin and he helpfully gave me a timescale so I could decide to wait. Worth an email/pm at least?

7. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

@steevee
    Are you using any kind of adapter to connect the pedals to your TS-PC Racer base?
    Or do you just connect the pedals via USB directly to your PC?

@paul_wev
    Ok, just seen the InsideSimRacing review of the mod and it seems to be the normal situation.
    They wait until they have a bunch of orders and then they start the production.
    So the only limitation compared to the Fanatec load cell might be then the missing configuration option!?

paul_wev likes this.
  8. broadappeal

broadappeal Rookie

I've using TS-PC wheel base with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedal set.
    This pedal's price is around 250$ so it's cheeper than Thrust master T3-PA PRO + third party load cell kit and I'm very satsified with it.

When you use Fanatec pedal set with other maker's wheel base, you should connect pedals directly PC usb port. thus you don't need any kind of adaptor. I mean, you can even use it with G27.

Miguel Azera and paul_wev like this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Yes there’s a box in between that’s included with the kit. I’m very happy with the kit

10. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

@broadappeal
    That's the best news of day :cool:
    I always thought that I need a new base first before upgrading my pedals.

To be honest I do expect a much bigger improvement by this LC as from a new wheel.
    Sure, .... either the TS-PC Racer or the CSL Elite will be a big change when it comes to FFB compared to my G27.

So I can think of upgrading in two steps .... pedals with LC first ... and then then new wheel. :D

11. steevee

steevee Racer

both connected to the PC via their own USB

12. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I think so? I’ll check later. Can’t remember? Been long time since I connected it. 2 years I think?

13. steevee

steevee Racer

Sorry mate, it was an answer to Mobyduck

paul_wev likes this.
  14. broadappeal

broadappeal Rookie

Yeah, I think that's a good choice.
    In general more powerful wheel will gives you more immersion but won't make you fast.

In ACC, all cars have ABS but they still need subtle brake control especially when you turn in. Good brake pedal with load cell will be definitely your help.
    Both paul_wev and I are happy with each products, so we have recommend it to you. But only you can decide.

The main reason of that I chosen CSLE is Fanatec has office in my country. Which is important when you meet trouble. When I had problem with gas pedal, they sent me new potentiometer within 3 days (We spend a week of e-mail conversation though).
    And as genuine Fanatec product, you can easyly resale it. It is helpful incase you don't like product or think about further upgrade in the future.

paul_wev likes this.
  15. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

I tend to the Fanatec pedals to be honest.
    Like the overall build quality (almost full metal) and the opportunity to adjust the distance between the pedals.
    Also, it seams to be the same price as the T3PA + mod. and the LC is integrated well looking like a "real" product.
    Don't get me wrong, I am sure the mod works well and makes perfectly sense when you already own the TM pedals.
    But the mod looks a bit "self-made" to me.

For the new wheel I am more on the TM side.
    Especially after Fanatec raised the price quite a lot.
    Just thought I can get a good Black Friday deal by the end of the year but the best I can expect now is that they drop it to the previous normal price. :confused:
    But I am not in a hurry having already LC brakes then :cool:

paul_wev likes this.
  16. broadappeal

broadappeal Rookie

I use the rim that came with the TS-PC and the 599XX EVO rim. Both have a slight deflection.
    However, it does not matter when you are concentrating on driving.
    It is clear that the FANATEC rim is higher in quality than the TM rim, but in my case, I bought a used TS-PC at the auction site and the price was about 300 $.
    So there is no complaint at all.

As you know, the mechanical performance difference between CSL Elite and TS-PC is quite small.
    So I think it makes sense to choose by price.

Most of your questions have been resolved now?
    If you have anything else you would like to know about CSL Elite Pedals LC, please feel free to ask questions.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to intrude :) as I have the chance to get the CSL Elite LC pedals through a relative travelling to the US. I’m fed up cleaning the potentiometers on my G27, as they frequently get erratic. Have it with the Ricmotech load cell.
    couple of questions, hope you guys dont mind.
    1. Any difference between the pedals in the ‘CSL Elite LC’ and just the ‘CSL Elite Pedals’ + CSL Elite LC Kit ?
    2. You mentioned issues with the potentiometers, you think I can purchase spare replacements from the US as well (& how much are they), as they’re not in the site. Also, does the load cell use the same foams as those on the older CSR Elite pedals (had problems with those)? I’m cautious with parts as I have no means of easily getting spares from my location.
    3. What maintenance are needed, avoid dust similar to the G27 pedals?
    Thanks.

18. broadappeal

broadappeal Rookie

Hi, sherpa. I'll answer your question. I hope this helps you...

1. The two are the same. I ordered "CSL Elite Pedals LC" and they juse sent me "CSL Elite Pedals" and "CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit". In my country, there is a discount of 1000 yen (about 10 $) when purchased as “CSL Elite Pedals LC”.

2. When I had a problem with my potentiometer, the product itself was sent from a branch in Japan, but before that, I exchanged emails with the person in charge at the German headquarters. So the procedure is probably the same in the US.

In my case, my product was free because it was within the warranty period, but I think it was written on the enclosed document that the price of the parts was around $ 15.
    Sorry, I've never used "CSR Elite pedals", so I don't know if the load cell parts are the same.

3. I have been using this product for about 500 hours for 10 months, but the load cell has no problem so far.

Gas and clutch pedals that use potentiometers should be cleaned if an incorrect input signal appears. Just remove the screws on the bottom of the pedal and remove any dust or dirt on the gear, so it takes about 10 minutes. However, the footrest fixing screw is located in a very narrow place, so removing the pedal itself from the rig is a bit of work. So, if you change the pedal from G27 to CSLE, you won't be completely free from annoying potentiometer cleaning!

And if there is sound from the pedal spring, you need to lubricate. Silicone oil should not be used because it does not last long. The approximate location where lubrication is required is also described in the manual, but you should work while checking where the sound comes from.

In my case, the last lubrication was about half a year ago. Potentiometer is cleaned about once every three months. Because this pedal doesn't have a plastic cover like G27, and my room is a bit messy...

sissydriver and paul_wev like this.
  19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info. So cleaning would be similar, but I surmise it would be easier, since they're more accessible and we wouldn't have to open up the pedal set?

It appears they no longer use the PU Foam like in the older CSR Elite pedals, and all dampening are external, and the only thing internal is the load cell. I'll try contact them to see if I can include some spare load cell. Thanks again.