1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

SO now you have changed the game parameters? So which is correct on the table now? Or should we all do it all over again?

2. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I'm also part of the 'locked into freesync but hate AMD performance in ACC ' club. Now that we see the 5700xt also has dismal performance, I'm really wanting to trade in my vega for a RTX 2070 super. I'm not sure I understand the above description of the Nvidia on freesync problem. Is it that 'Nvidia freesync' only works properly at 60hz without frame skipping? My monitors are 75hz so this would be a problem for me if it is so.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is the new, correct approach:

- Session type/settings and test procedure as described in post 1
    - choose GFX preset Epic and change res to 1920*1080
    - In view settings (when in the car), reset to default

Which one did you use?

The difference between the old and new approach is about 3 % with the new one achieving worse results. With that in mind, new and old results can be compared.

That's how I understand the issue. I don't know if it's true or not, though. I just know that a 2070 on my 75 Hz monitor with FreeSync didn't work, well. A pity that I haven'd tried 60 Hz mode, though.

4. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

No the problem is that you need free sync to achieve 75hz bcs monitors electronics dont support 75hz and use the freesync module to achieve it properly. And if the nvidias driver dont support your monitor for adaptive sync you have to turn it off and use it at 60hz. You can force 75hz but you will get frame skipping bcs the moitor electronics dont support it and will skip 25% of the frames to achieve 75HZ.
    This means 60hz will be smoother than 75hz.

romandevision and LeDude83 like this.
  5. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

With updated graphics settings as per OP..

2019-07-24 21:13:21 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6690 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 111.500 - Min: 101 - Max: 123

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Thanks for clarifying Martin, so any idea how I can find out if nvidia drivers do support my monitor for adaptive sync? (Its a
    AOC G2460VQ6)

7. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Maybe I'm off topic. Today I updated to version 431.60 of the Nvidia driver. For the graphics no problem, but I immediately had a strange and unexpected decline from the point of view of the physical engine of the game. It's like driving with the brake pedal slightly depressed.

Of course the pedalboard works well, and the same level of brake pedal pressure on the HUD responds well. Before writing on the forum I made sure that the pedalboard is ok, and I reinstalled the game, after a complete uninstall.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's way off-topic :-D

Please discuss this somewhere else. Thanks.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

NVIDIA supports only 12 FS monitors IIRW. They have a list and it's not hard to find - please look it up. For all other monitors I'd say you won't find a reliable source, IMO - you have to try it yourself. I tried to find a source for my monitor back then but - it's the internet - I could only find completely contradicting statements and non-backed opinions. I just ended up ordering a 2070.

@Aristotelis since all the other devs seem to be too busy and you are around here, sometimes: can you sort out the issue that I can't edit my first post? I want to update the results and change the test instructions. Thanks.

10. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

There is a no official info like @LeDude83 write you have to try it maybe some of your friends have nvidia card dosent matter if its 10 or 20 series. You have to just activate g-sync and watch the fps and for some bugs. If free sync is not working in my opinion better stay with the Vega bcs you can get solid 75fps with some tweaks and basically you dont need more on this display. I mean 75fps on 75hz with freesync is better than 120fps on 60hz. You can also activate anti lag on the Vega and you will have the responsiveness of the higher frame rate

On my monitor is working but is a 144hz LG that have also even more expensive g-sync version with the same panel.

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The only benefit in going from a lower FPS-Radeon/FreeSync combination to a higher FPS-NVidia/FreeSync combination seems to be that you'll be able to run all GFX settings maxed out.
    The downside is that you'll need to drop the refresh back to 60 Hz so that "NVidia FreeSync" properly works.

That's the trade-off everyone needs to think about for themselves.
    And I'm pretty sure the 60 Hz "NVidia FreeSync" works just fine on any FS monitor. I can't see a reason why it shouldn't.

Thanks for the information that Anti Lag is usable on the Vega :) I'll try that ASAP. That's something positive - for a change - for Radeon users in ACC.

12. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

Welcome,
    and last clarification about the freesync it dosent matter if you run it at 60hz or 75hz if works ``it just works`` :))) If it have bugs even limited to 60hz will be the same and you have to turn it off. And than you are limited to 60hz with no free sync.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  13. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Good discussion guys. For me going from 60hz to 75hz was mindblowing in how much fluid everything looked, so no chance I will sacrifice that for other games I play. As you suggested, I'll do some sniffing around to see if I can't borrow a nvidia card to test.

Martin_Top and LeDude83 like this.
  14. Claponi

Claponi Racer

2019-07-28 12:54:08 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 2537 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 42.283 - Min: 30 - Max: 77

i5-8600K
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Ole77

Ole77 Rookie

To be honest, i am disappointed by what either NVIDIA or AMD offers us in 2019 (so far). I really wanted to see AMD to come up with something great (and was ready to pay for it). On the other hand NVIDIA played it too safe to spend my money on.

Still using my 1050 Ti i have do SOMETHING. Am considering a Vega 56 (provisionally) at 240 € and wait for whatever 2020 might bring.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  16. Martin_Top

Martin_Top Rookie

AMD actually have a good cards (5700/5700xt) on reasonable price but is not optimized for most of the sim-racing titiles (iracing, ac, acc, project cars 2) in most of them Nvidia have more than 20 % advantage. Btw i had 1050ti for few moths 2 year ago and the jump to 1060 6gb is massive. You can look on the used market and find good deals for 1060/1070 or just buy new 1660ti. Vega 56 is a good deal but im not recommending it for simracing especially for ACC . Even if AMD optimize the driver (i dont expect than bcs is very niche tittle) difference will be atlest 15% in favor of Nvidia bcs Fortnite that use the same engine and for sure its optimized still favors Nvidia.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. schorni

schorni Rookie

I have the impression that the AMD cards have a general problem with games based on the Unreal Engine?

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, that or the other way round.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Something must've gone wrong with this test run. Maybe the undervolt/overclock wasn't active or so. I re-tested (according to new method as described above) and I got much better results:

2019-07-31 20:40:24 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4823 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 80.383 - Min: 64 - Max: 116

Anyways, I bought a Gainward RTX 2080 Triple Fan. It's basically a Phantom - same cooler, same PCB, it even has Phantom written all over the GPU. It has a lower boost clock as the "real" Phantom, though - 1710 vs. 1740 MHz. The GPU has a very good power/cooler performance. I ran it at 100 % with uncapped FPS in ACC for a while and it peaked at just 65° with the fans barely audible. Power limit and clock frequency are unlocked in Afterburner so there's potential for tweaking.
    Here's the benchmark result with the new approach (no tweaking in afterburner):

2019-07-31 22:08:18 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6786 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 113.100 - Min: 83 - Max: 175

I can't confirm this with this new, much similar NVIDIA GPU. The "Adaptive Sync" seems to be working flawlessly and just as smooth as the Vega 64, even at 75 Hz. Maybe NVIDIA has improved their drivers...I don't know. I'll definitely keep the GPU, this time and sell the Vega.
    I can definitely recommend running FreeSync Monitors with NVIDIA GPUs.

Martin_Top likes this.
  20. Ole77

Ole77 Rookie

I really wanted to want to buy AMD this time (first time since Radeon 9700?!?).

Then i got this offer: ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 ROG STRIX OC GAMING (new) for under 300 €!!! Looks cool (to me), runs cool and super quiet.

2019-08-01 00:38:24 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5701 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 95.017 - Min: 67 - Max: 133

Nice step up from 1050 Ti!!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Martin_Top likes this.