1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

(title edited by mod) I have issues with ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Nafets, Jul 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

Hello...

I need to let off some steam ACC is really starting to frustrate and annoy me with the constant FPS drops, game freezes and sound become unsynced when i play for long periods of time. I have to pause the game to let sound catch up with the game. It doesn't matter what i play in the game its the same. Its really frustrating playing because its random FPS drop game freezes at moments in the game when im turning into the corner and then when it catch's up i have run of the track and got track limit warnings or penalty's. Im using the Logitech G920 steering wheel and pedal so when this FPS drops game freeze happens the controls will be come vague and i got to try and gather it all up when it come too.... This is really ruining my experience of the game, i have tried different settings, reinstalling the game on different hard drives and nothing makes a difference. It has to be the game its self. my computer is less than 12months old and exceeds all recommendations provided. I really hope the people involved in the game read all these posts and make a massive fix for the game because its becoming a joke.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR 5 not working in ACC (title not recognized) Dec 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Random crashes [manually edited setups] Jan 30, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Custom/Edited cars question May 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.2.3] MFD pit menu edited settings reset itself Dec 23, 2019
    Screens & Videos What going on in a Sim-racers mind? edited version Oct 1, 2017
    Screens & Videos Unedited clean Ebisu tandem run with me & Shex - E30 Drift spec. Mar 13, 2016
    Screens & Videos Powersliding around magione..title edited to not be inflammatory Aug 2, 2015
    Screens & Videos Edited videos Jun 10, 2015
    Liveries Problem with white gloves, even edited still white Apr 10, 2015
    Screens & Videos Intense gt3/gt2 edited race-replay at spa with jens ramebäck Oct 20, 2014
    Screens & Videos 1 single photo taken with paint and unedited ... assetto corsa thanks, kunos thanks for the many jo Jul 4, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds (edited by mod) acs.exe has stopped working Jun 25, 2014

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

While I can totally understand some frustration if the game doesn´t work properly for you, this isn´t the best way to get help or make anyone actually look at your issues.

Some advise:

- This is a general discussion subforum, bugs and issues have no place here --> Split it into individual issues if possible and move it to the support forum where bugs can be tracked properly.

- Also check the support forum if the issues occured to other people and if there might be a solution already in existence.

- Attach your log files, otherwise it´s impossible for the devs to find your issue.

- Add your hardware to your signature, some problems can easily be identified this way by other users who might have the same issues.

- Devs are working hard to fix several issues (I might be called a fanboy, but I never deny the existance of issues), calling their work a joke might not motivate them to look at your issues.

Best of luck with your issues!

Hobi, Son, NoobJunglerGG and 9 others like this.
  4. Nafets

Nafets Rookie

OK thanks o_O this is why i posted here because as i said i needed to let some steam out so i didn't clog up the support section! So i know how the forum works that is why i posted in the general discussion

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ok, but I haven´t seen the issue with the raising delays over time, also the audio delays, so a report might still be useful. ;)

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Venting off steam in a thread with an incendiary title will not help you I'm afraid.

As Mr.Mugel has said, you need to be specific about your hardware and attach logs as it allows developers and forum users to look at your problem and assist you.

Start a thread in the ACC troubleshooting section and give as much information you can. In my experience a developer will try to help you if you give them what they need.

I had a similar problem with the game until I found out it was my OS scheduling a search index and absolutely hammering my resources. Once it was disabled then everything was fine and my PC is considerably older than 12 months.

acprofilia, SylverFyre, MTv and 7 others like this.
  7. Rodgorth

Rodgorth Rookie

Hey Nafets,

I understand the frustration, I also had some nasty regular feezes in VR, until I found out that Unreal Engine dislikes, so to say, overclocked GPUs. In fact, it really can't handle even factory overclocked hardware.
    I dropped 50 MHz on the core and 100 MHz on the memory using MSI Afterburner and hasn't faced any issue since than.
    Now I only get frustrated when I spin my car leading a two-hour race on the last lap.

P.S. Just in case - I have a Inno3d 1080Ti iChill x4, factory overclocked.

8. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Definately good advise i have seen over and over.. Remove all your overclocks... fixed many a peoples issue.

I have an I7-7700, with GTX 1070 standard, 16gb ram, running 5720x1080 (triples), no freezes and frame drops.. i have to run on medium to high though to keep above 60fps.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

LATE4APEX and m_box97 like this.
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No that you had a chance to vent, if you actually want people to help you with your issues, associate your Steam account, let us know your hardware and include your logs.

Coanda and jaxx_za like this.
  11. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

No doubt you've done some searching for solutions to these issues and come up a blank. So with that in mind, seems like a logical step to look at what could be causing this on your side.
    However I might be wrong and it's always possible that one of the Kunos devs has a personal vendetta against you, has secretly found out your steam id and then put some code in there just to screw with you. Possible but somewhat unlikely. :D

12. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I really like people complaining about performance in a game without mentioning any pc specs.

13. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Nafets, we really need more info in order to help you.

What is your CPU?
    What memory do you have?
    What is your graphics card?
    What sound card are you using (onboard or separate card)?
    What drivers is it running on?
    Are you over clocking?
    What else do you have running at the same time as ACC?
    What in game graphic settings do you have?
    Is it happening all the time, single player hotlapping, single player race, multi player?

If you are not sure how to check all the above don't be embarrassed to ask.

You need to attach logs, which is easy enough to do as the instructions are at the top of each page.

Its easy enough to blame the game, but when other people aren't having the same issues it just 'may' be your set up.

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Reason why this troll will not tell his PC specs because he is a troll. Another suggestion is that he has crapy hardware. I played a few 100s of hours in ACC and never heard anyone complaining about those issues.

chksix likes this.
  15. bobken

bobken Rookie

Not in VR surely?

16. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

What about associating your Steam account as explained in the forum rules and elaborate your feedback? Otherwise this post is just a rant.

swigaffu, chksix, MTv and 1 other person like this.