1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Powerline

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PLebre, Jul 23, 2019.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Hello,

I need to create a internet point access on a room other than the rooter ones, let's say about 10 meters away, there are some walls in the middle.
    What the best way? I mean to have the minimum lost in the way. I have fiber optic connection, 100 Mbits up/down and about 9 ms to a server 250 km way.
    I was thinking to use a powerline link. Anyone with experience with that? Is it reliable? Does it have a great impact in latency?

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

With powerlines you need to make sure the two wall sockets used are on the same power loop, i.e. if you turn off the power trip switch in fuse box the two sockets go off and not just one.
    but yeah I used them once and they were very good.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I use powerline apadtors and have found them very reliable and fast. I would recormend them.
    I have connected an old router to the new powerline outlet which gives me more wired outlets and also wireless in that room. The old router has a maximum speed of 50 meg which is fine for everything I need.

4. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I have powerline adapters as well but only to have wired internet connection in the kitchen. I only use it for streaming videos and general browsing. The bandwidth is good but sometimes there seems to be a momentary drop in performance, which might cause lag when gaming. Make sure you can return them if they don't work well for you.

5. Tenn Racer

Tenn Racer Rookie

@PLebre I use the Powerline adapters in my home. My set up is not on the same fuse/breaker at both outlets. Each"box" is on 2 separate floors of the house. I did notice a slight difference in latency (4ms) between the WIFI and the Powerline when doing an internet speed test.
    I have not had any problems with the wall socket units in the 3 years I've owned them. The biggest concern is the WIRING SYSTEM of your building. Bad connections in the wiring will determine if you have good connections with the devices.
    Example if you have a bad connection in an outlet it will hamper how well the devices can connect to each other. If you have any other questions I would be glad to answer if I can.

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thanks guys.
    My house is about 30 years old, the wiring is of copper.
    Maybe I must check the state of outlet connections too.

7. Tenn Racer

Tenn Racer Rookie

@PLebre The house I am in now with my Powerline is around the 30 year old mark also. If you understand how the wiring SHOULD BE THEORETICALLY in a house, each circuit or room (bedroom/kitchen/family room) has X number of outlets.
    Each of those circuits SHOULD come directly from the breaker/fuse box with no breaks in the wire. So there will only be a minimum of connections to be concerned about. If each outlet in the rooms that need to be connected by the Powerline system don't
    have obvious issues already with nonworking or problematic outlets then you should be OK to use Powerline.

8. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Wait, the room outels are divided in two circuits, each one with a fuse. If the 2 outlets I want to use are in different circuits, that can be an issue?

Edited: ups, looks like /esox71 already answered my question, sorry.

9. Tenn Racer

Tenn Racer Rookie

@PLebre I'm sorry if my description was not clear. esox71 is not correct. You can use the Powerline system ANYWHERE in your house. Basically the wiring in the house becomes the connection between the Powerline boxes. Any outlet will connect the 2 boxes.
    My set up is #1 in the upstairs bedroom and #2 is around 100 feet away in the room above my garage where the internet modem is. If I turn off the breaker /fuse for the upstairs bedroom the power is still on in the room above the garage.
    Each room SHOULD be its own circuit.

10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Ok thanks for the help and your time.
    I will follow AnnieC advice, bought from a store where I can return the product if it will not fit.

11. esox71

esox71 Alien