1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Porsche 991 GT3 R

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I’m doing the career (hard) and for the second part I choose the Porsche. Of course before reading this post. Now I understand why I struggled in some portions. In Paul Ricard just a mm more of brake at T10 and you lose it. Changed a little te set up by stiffening the front and was better. At Silverstone almost won but a curb made me fly at last lap. But by Spa I understand it better and getting some satisfaction. But again eau rouge is still a Russian roulette. Nevertheless P1 in Q1 so happy, but 24h (even scaled) with no error will be impossible.

2. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

if u manage ur setup u can go full trottle in eau rouge without cutting.

3. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I’ve no clue how to get it. Sure become unstable releasing the gas, so, in doubt keep it flat, right? ;)

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

In this car going through Eau Rouge at full throttle isn't a big deal, at least not with the aggressive setup.

5. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I had to reduce front anti roll bar to manage, but than a little under steering in the other sharper turns, obviously. Nevertheless I’m quite happy: one week ago I was crying on some other post because can’t get a full green CC bar, now I can in most of the tracks. And with the Porsche!

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you leave the ARB at the setups default, what problem do you run into when driving through there?

7. The setup I shared on the previous page is very capable of it, and stable.
    Getting through there flat isn't too big of a problem, it's fixing the weight transfer problems on corner entry when having to brake. I managed that through dampers, but it's not perfect.
    The biggest problem is fixing the understeer on throttle through slower corners... It'll always be there but I'm slowly trying out ways to help it.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

As I wrote before, I think that adjusting the rear ARB and the differential helps a lot.
    I'm usually using 130 Nm diff preload (1 click up iirc) and 1-2 clicks lower rear ARB.
    That gets rid of a lot of the twitchiness and makes it more stable in low to mid-speed corners without introducing massive understeer.

9. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

if I lift a little the gas, it turns inside; if I don't lift, it goes wide.

But reading Aris' other post on Ferrari , maybe my error is to lift inside the turn, not before. I need more practice. Just matter of time.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Since I actually triggered that discussion about the 488 + Eau Rouge, I know about that one. ;)

But the Ferrari is very different, it relies strongly on the diffusor.
    The Porsche on the other hand does not have such a strong diffusor and thus isn't as prone to bottoming out as is the Ferrari.
    The problem with the Porsche is more that it can react very twitchy to sudden weight changes, especially in the unmodified aggressive setup.
    So through Eau Rouge the key is the line you take. It's better to go hard over the inside curb at the entry since that allows you to take an easier line through the rest of the curve.
    Make sure you don't get too close to the curb on the right when taking the second apex and then you should be fine.
    With slight modifications of the setup (see above), it's actually quite fine driving through there.
    With the Ferrari, you can't really take that line in ACC. It won't like driving over the curb like that.

11. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

To master every car in every circuit and understanding/appreciating all the subtle shadows of each one would take ages. So that I’m not part of the crowd asking constantly for new content. Maybe in one year time.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, me too. ;)

Initially I wanted to focus on the 488 only.
    But I'm a Porsche guy and just couldn't keep my hands of the 991 GT3 R, so here I am. ;)

I'm curious to see what the 2019 version brings, but that's about it. More interested in additional tracks, since I don't like about half of the tracks that are now in ACC. :(

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its the tricky thing in the Porsche its easier flat then if you lift at all and you are going to lift you need to plan this and do it early. :D Pretty tough in traffic if you need to lift at the wrong time because of cars ahead.

Fun car and my favourite for its unique challenges, for a 2.4hr Spa race however I have switched to the AMG. Easier consistant pace and being able to manage tyres and traffic better its just a bit more competitive there against a strong field in some of the slightly faster cars.

Look forward to the evo which should be a little better overall pace wise. Still this one is my prefered daily driver and after running it others feel a bit too tame. ;)

14. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

At 24h of Spa Porsche got 1st and 2nd place, and total of 5 cars in the top 10. Not bad at all considering “how wrong” it is ;)

15. semil

semil Rookie

But it is another Porsche anyway ;)

sps_for_race and romandevision like this.
  16. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Also the NSX finished 6 overall. Not bad for a pretty high drag car. Cant wait to get the 2019 cars on ACC.

17. Difficult car, difficult track like Brands Hatch, however I enjoying the challenge to mastered the 991 :D How is possible some guys making 1:53.xxx on this track? I was reading this topic and I found valuable tips of setup adjustments...my problem is to control the understeer in corner exits but today I will check again ARB + preload options. I tried everything including MoTeC analisys and my lowest time is 1:54.600

18. Load up the safe default settings, max out the rear wing, max out rear ride height and raise the front by one or two clicks. From there lower the rear ride height and wing till you're happy with the cornering balance.

19. I think it's worth a try! I will open a session tonight and then report here later! Thx mate!

20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Aristotelis you mentioned that 2018 24H nurburgring porsche was hybrid i.e mix between 2019 and 2018 ?
    Is this hybrid porsche is what we have in-game or in game is a pure 2018 car.

How this hybrid car differs to 2018 one ?