1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Good summary. Even though the game has its flaws they did manage to deliver an overall package which raises the bar for all other devs in certain areas.

2. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

[​IMG]

3. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Weird - PC2 / RF2 to me are by far ahead of the pack when it comes to over the limit behaviour. PC2 probably a little too forgiving.

ACC improves on AC significantly in this area and is definitely ahead of iRacing for instance there but I still would put it behind PC2 for the tyre limit / over the limit transitions.

You are very wrong on PC2 physics being simplified - PC2 is in the lead of all right now in terms of what it simulates. You may not rate how it feels (and I dont either on some tracks/cars) but look at what they did - if anything they made it too complex so they had the inconsistencies..

Agreed the GT3 cars generally are better in ACC but that should be a given for a game that has a single class. They are able to dedicate all their development time to that 1 class and a very very limited amount of tracks.

There is no way a sandbox game with approx 10 x the tracks/cars and 30 x the classes will be able to provide that level of detail per class. Yet even then there are multiple classes and track combos that compete directly and I prefer over ACC / GT3 (ie GTO, LMP2, GT1, Group 4, F355, Formula Rookie, a selection of track day cars (fxx k, 620r etc..) some amazingly well put together road cars such as the F12TDF, La Ferrari, 570S etc.. etc..

The only tracks I really enjoy in ACC are Zolder & Brands Hatch where as in PC2 there are at least 15 or so that are simply top notch fun to drive on.

Ofocurse both product approaches are valid and I will continue to buy sandbox and single make games - and I can see the benefit in detail with 1 class & < 10 tracks but it will not keep people playing for long - just look at the numbers from start to now...

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,378860,805550,737800#7d

Those are worrying statistics from a longevity perspective....... Not enough content.... If there was a more complete multiplayer infrastructure (ie iRacing mini) as we all hoped then people would keep playing but for essentially the same set up as Project Cars with a bucket load less content I dont have high hopes for ACC in the long term.

As per all games AI is far from perfect - ACC AI can still completely blindly punt you off the track same as AC and does way way too aggressive defending at the very last second essentially moving way across the track deep in the braking zone so you cant do a thing accept accept the impact.

Ofcourse if Kunos can add to ACC we have more content but it will be slow in coming.... i would really like the option of at least 1 Protoype series a Single seater as well as add gt4 for multiclass racing. Most of all I wish it was another sandbox like AC/PC2 so I could enjoy it for years.

4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

To those who are enjoying PCars2, I have (finally) tried Christiaan FFB files, I had not before, as my experience with files from others, had not been conclusive.
    Those files are very elaborate, a read trough his post in his thread will explain a lot about PCars2 and FFB. Fascinating reading.
    It takes second to install and so easy to test in PCars2 since you have access to FFB stetting right from the track.
    I am using
    My new settings:
    Gain 100
    Volume 75
    Tone 50
    Fx 0
    It yield good result for me on my CSR Elite.
    Hoping it will make you appreciate PCars2 even better.

Andrew_WOT, Whitestar and Racert46 like this.
  6. MuddyPaws73

MuddyPaws73 Rookie

I agree with the comment above on Christiaan FFB files. It made a very positive FFB improvement on both my CSW 2.5 and DD2

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Your forgot that the AI can't handle endurance races, big deal if you are int othat - that imo makes dynamic weather and night also basicly useless. Besides 30 cars are a low number offline.

Anyway ACC also only offers 30 cars and the AI is far worse in endurance races from what i heard. I had hopes ACC would also offer more regarding the career, but thats also worse compared to PCars2 - if you ignore the inconsistent content and AI, that makes PCars2 also meh.
    It wasn't surprising but its always amazing with how much Kunos gets praise, considering how critical those are of PCars2 and games of big studios, while the later usually reach a level of polish that the former never reached.

Like in case of SMS Kunos didn't improved much after the previous game and I think you can say both tend to bite more that they can chew.

But PCars2 is arcade of course, so that changes everything :D

ElPueblo likes this.
  9. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

Even with no supersampling in VR the image quality is better compared to ACC.
    PC2 SS1.0 = ACC SS1.3

bobken likes this.
  10. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

12. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

My T300RS wheel moves by itself when the car is standing still. If by any chance the wheel doesn't start moving on its own, If I touch it a little bit, it starts moving on its own. It happens on all FFB modes. The only way to kill this behavior is to drop the Volume bellow 35%, which makes the FFB feel dead.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol came across this, wow Ian Bell and his pet (female dog) troll Austin. :D

Prepare the hype engines because Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has come out saying that Project CARS 3 is going to be the next big thing, calling it a "revolution" and "a game changer" in a series of tweets:

The next Project CARS is going to be a Revolution. Huge thanks to all of the team who are honing it to perfection. I might rightly be accused of being overly positive/optimistic on occasion, but this is a game changer. It's epic already and it's one we'll ship when we're ready.

— Ian Bell CEO SMS (@bell_sms) July 21, 2019

Bell himself says a lot in the first tweet, but then he replied to some tweets that said "Don't know how you can improve on pc2 tbh. That was near perfection already". Bell replied, tweeting: "It's at least 200% better already. I can't stop playing it and I should be jaded at this stage..." -- remember, I did tell you to prepare your hype engines.

It's not just Bell that is praising Project CARS 3, it is the driver Slightly Mad Studios Chevrolet SS for Lengert Motorsports, Austin Ogonoski, too. He chimed in tweeting: "What if I told you that @bell_sms isn't actually kidding when he says the next pCars game is 200% better?"

https://amp.tweaktown.com/?url=http...t-cars-3-revolution-a-game-changer/index.html

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

As much as I already made fun of those tweets, the superlatives already worked twice before, so why change tactics. Going by what Renato from Reiza Studios said in an interview following the AMS 2 reveal, the Madness engine is very capable, as long as you take the time to refine your content, which they did not do in PC2. The potential for PC3 as a decent sim is still there, should they want to go this route again.

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, Ian Bell is on fire again. Worked a treat last time …

16. we all know that when those 2 speak it's all about the truth.
    A match made in heaven.

Andrew_WOT, rycil, Tom Shane and 4 others like this.
  17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Not sure that Helped. But people Really like to Talk about him.
    I Dont have much hope but thats Not only regarding sms. From a singleplayer Perspektive pc2, ac and acc Are rather Bad. If they work with reiza the driving will Be maybe nice. But the Content, career, ai (endurance) still have a lot of Potential to dissapoint, so no matter the driving its just a Bad Game if you dont Play online.

19. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

People in glass houses should not be throwing stones. If I was you I would be a little more humble and worry about fixing ACC.

20. plaid

plaid Alien

I think they Are "somewhat" more Humble.
    But the Games Are both pretty flawed.

Anyway that sim x vs sim y is annoying.
    Criticism? Fine. But the Rest: gna.
    While its also difficult to stop that if People glorify a Game.
    So its more about the Fans than the devs.
    Edit: the Bell tweets Are of course still awful.

Andrew_WOT likes this.