1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Fall of players for 2 months, few people on servers, those numbers are the reason, now that it is the cause that is stop playing ACC.

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lights popping after darkness falls Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards ELO rating increases from 1604 to 1614, CP rating is falling ? Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Fallen ratio SA Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No falling rain in normal view Dec 9, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Falling through track May 26, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Falling Through Ground May 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Snetterton - falling out of the track can drop you one lap behind Feb 15, 2021
    Chit Chat Room ESC Key from session falls back to main menu Feb 12, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fast falling visibility of small lights with increasing distance Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Please help! Strange fall of fps Jan 20, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Car Falling Through Track v1.0.10 Oct 11, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [1.0.10] CC and CN falling,SA raising, is it just me? Sep 23, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fall through Spa track Sep 4, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Car falling through AC Drag Track Jul 7, 2019

3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

So... People stop to play because other people stop to play? There are other reasons for that. What's the point of this thread though?
    I mean, it's pretty clear that some people will start playing again if updates are good. We've had few hotfixes but 1.1 is what people are waiting for.

the_token and D.Jankovic like this.
  4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

There is a lot of negativity in YouTube, reviews on websites (even Italian!, I read it with the help of a translator). Everything I read was very biased and critical. Besides, this game is not entertaining, like the F1 Codemasters, and is too complicated for a "normal" user. People trust someone else's opinion, but they don't want to check and understand anything. Well, of course it's ACC is too demanding on the PC - I'm sure a lot of people saw the slide-show on their Pentium 2 and return game.

As you can see, there's no objective reason. And anything above that doesn't apply to the game. You just have to understand that development continues.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    NoobJunglerGG, D.Jankovic and chksix like this.
  5. david m

david m Racer

well, as much as we know that steam charts numbers are not all the true, because lot of people play single player and other people play in offline mode(in steam) . It's pretty evident that public multiplayer is going down a little.
    The best thing to do is look for a good community /league and have fun with the game(because the game is awesome!!)

Alex Fujo and Andrex like this.
  6. pons

pons Simracer

Maybe it also has to do with big heat and holidays in europe, combined with the waiting for the next patch?

Andrex, Perell0ne, Kill_A_Rue and 9 others like this.
  7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Not so easy to play ACC under 40°c or on the beach.

M-Bimmer, jc1993, Kopiller and 19 others like this.
  8. As much as I like the game but I'd have to stop if the multiplayer become less and less numbers. :(
    Might be also a reason :)

9. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

Cant really predict when CP races are happening + also the general inconsistency of quick join lobbys. Career being extremely simple there is not much to play.

edit: I would like to add that i can only race for like 2h before my eyes start to melt due to how current VR implementation is working. Framerate is not really the issue but the shimmering and generally bad visibility just kills your eyes (CV1). To give some context in other games i can race for 6 hours with out any eye strain.

10. I think ACC is an amazing title in how it portrays the Blancpain series. The physics and immersion is the best of any racing title IMO. But unless you are a hardcore GT3 fan, there is not enough to come back to. I find myself still playing AC a lot more for the sheer variety of content that is present.

Andrex, magzire, xxxxVMANxxxx and 3 others like this.
  11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I went back to play AC and modded the living heck out of it with new liveries, tracks, sfx and shaders. It also looks gorgeous in VR and I wish the same could be said about ACC.

xxxxVMANxxxx and cerebralvortex like this.
  12. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Sure if numbers are low enough and there is nobody to race with people will avoid the game but there is several reasons for that.

People seem not to be interested in lobby system from 90's with SA restrictions or CP servers where you can rarely catch P or Q sessions if you are not in the game all the time. They expected more even if Kunos did or did not promise anything. There is many more reasons (heatwave included) why playerbase could be low like that, but like i said. It's subject of next, bigger than hotfixes updates.

13. pastranario

pastranario Racer

The issue that with these numbers the future is not promising, and I don't think it grows exponentially. Except that you find some way to attract more people to the online. I love ACC but I am restricted to playing sporadically in a private group race. Even in the state you are in, you cannot start a championship in a private league, you still have several bugs to solve, and not to mention the performance in vr ...

14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

People wanted to be entertained like the F1 Codemasters(by the way, in this game everyone wants adequate physics and realistic graphics, hah). Kunos is not to blame that people always want too much, no?

Everyone shouts so much about physics... they gave it to us. It turned out that everyone wanted the championship and livery. And skateboards.

Goony8, NoobJunglerGG, JanR and 3 others like this.
  15. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

AC user numbers are up 5% over the last 30 days so the weather isn't the key factor. Although its counter-intuitive, most games do fall in concurrent player numbers after launch. Dirt Rally 2 for example fell by 42% in April compared to March.

xxxxVMANxxxx likes this.
  16. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

I've stopped until the 1.07 '5 point tyre model' release because once they announce something better is imminent it reduces motivation to play the current release. Also it's been hot. I'm sure numbers will pick up again.

Nahkamarakatti, SYBER1AN and popo87 like this.
  17. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Yep I tried using a 600km extension cord but I had no luck.

Talking seriously the game is popular mainly in Europe where people are on holiday, I would wait September to judge the current state of the player base. Anyway personally I think I'll join a league once I get back home (hopefully with online driver swaps working flawlessly)

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

In case some don't know, its summer, in the northern hemisphere, yes even at night.

p.g.49 likes this.
  19. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

So people playing AC, rF2 and Raceroom all live in the southern hemisphere?

xxxxVMANxxxx, coiso, Racert46 and 2 others like this.
  20. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

Have you seen how much exposure iRacing's 24h of Spa got with Max and Lando? It's a shame that ACC couldn't use the event better, imagine the boost it would make to the game if big simracing names were racing a 24h on ACC.

sairuscz, Patrik and chksix like this.
  21. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

There's no accounting for taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.