1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. lottalava

lottalava Racer

I didn´t noticed, but can´t we create some range of weather in ACC? For example, start a race with a sunny day, after getting clouded and after a heavy rain storm? Or its just one type of weather all the race?

2. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Talking about iRacing killers, how do you rate iRacing's dynamic weather engine and specially rain conditions comparing it to ACC's? Oh wait... Nevermind.

But yes, I also think thunderstorm should not be there. Heavy rain is challenging enough and nowadays you would also get red flag in those conditions.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

DiRTMark likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just had an awesome 90 minute MP race on our Raceonoz server. Was wet at the end of practice but had a dry qualy, then on the grid the heavens opened and it rained very solid. Everyone started on wets time scale was 18x (my bad calculation was meant to be 16x to simulate 24hrs but oh well :oops::D) Was very wet early and was 5 of us up front very close for the first 40 minutes or so within 5 seconds, all different cars an Audi, Bentley 2x Porsches and a Lambo with a few other cars in the field too. The guy in the Lambo had a spin and decided to stop and change to the slicks as a slight dry line was forming by then, It looked dark in the distance so I tried to stay out as long as I could thinking maybe it will rain again and avoid needing to possibly stop twice then maybe get an advantage on those that stopped earlier.

In the daytime running it got pretty hot at 30c ambient and the wets were starting to heat up, finding some damp patches kept my tyres just ok. I started with a full tank and in the wet could have run maybe 75 minutes on fuel but the tyres were about done with 25 to go so I stopped for slicks. Bit of a guess pressure wise as I wasn't sure exactly how damp it was and how much more its going to dry in my second stint I was in second about 12 seconds off the lead but we were matching pace and no matter what I did I didnt gain or lose anything over about 15 minutes of dry running. Our pace was getting quicker each lap as it dried a bit more but we did near identical laps so I was going nowhere.

Then with 10 minutes to go theres light rain on the forecast, being accelerated its only .5 and 1 minute forecasts so who knows if it will be a big storm or just a sprinkle. Another lap passed and now its turning to heavy rain but only about 8 /12 minutes left. I wanted to stop a lap earlier and take the gamble as it was the only way to make up the gap to the leader if he stayed out and it dumps. Next lap its getting very wet but only 7minutes to go so I took the gamble. Pitted in 2nd came out in 5th but the rain stayed heavy, I saw I was gaining hard on 3rd and 4th then caught them with about 3 minutes left. Passing wasnt exactly easy as I had no idea where they would brake or if they would go off. I made a couple tough passes still but saw the guy leading must also have stopped a lap after me. He was about 5 seconds ahead of me now but somehow it had me in 3rd, I was confused but turns out the Lambo that stopped early and was in 3rd before the rain stayed out and just hung on to the win.

Was really an awesome race experiance and shows all the stuff ACC does so well, the weather to me when accelerated hard seems more like the weather we get in Melbourne Australia and places like Spa for example. It rarely rains for long periods but you never know if it will no matter how sunny it may be at the moment. Really enjoyed the race, shame we cant save replays longer then 60 minutes ( I tried to edit the replay length in the config files but this didnt work) This dynamic weather where nobody knows really what is going to happen makes for such interesting racing, much better then a fully scripted experience where admins can predict what will happen.

4. lottalava

lottalava Racer

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is the auto highlights replay from the race I described above. It got the start and finish but missed the entire daytime and dryer running as it only rained the first 25 minutes and last 10 minutes of the 90 minute race and a fair chunk of it was in daytime starting at about 4pm game time and finishing in the dark the next day.

Captain Barracuda and Luca Zari like this.
  6. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I understand that developers are overloaded with work. Still. I hope it would help as We, now in our league are discussing the fact that you either choose random OR preset temperature without randomness factor. Lets look at RL. IRL temperature is known on race day (weekend) within +/-2 degrees Celsius. So, why not give ability to league stewards (or to every player in single player mode) ability to decide the temperature range on race day/weekend and then randomise it. On race day set up Delta (lets say 22'C-25'C), put RANDOM WEATHER and then let engine choose its race day/weekend pattern. As it stands now, it is ether random (with whatever temperature ACC throws at you) or set temperature (and leave randomness out). From my past experience with AC1, I know that Kunos don't declare features before they know that they actually nail it. I certainly hope that they will look into this and make appropriate changes to weather conditions (client and server side wise). Also, add a button on server admin to hang black flag and automatically freeze race results just prior to black flag.

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Please no fantasy weather in real life races. Just want the forever wet random track to be fixed first before all this foliage and sea level and cloud cover bs

Cornflex likes this.
  8. lottalava

lottalava Racer

I want to see Thundestorm, Blizzard races and heavy fog!

th3o and Psit like this.
  9. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Main thing that needs fixing is the track temp and ambient temp always matching if you select custom weather and enable random weather within it.

10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

And more importantly the fact there's Always a wet track on random cough cough

Cornflex likes this.
  11. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

+1
    It's almost impossible to get dry track conditions when using the randomizer. And why isn't it possible to randomize the grip level (green, optimum etc.)?:rolleyes:

MsportDAN likes this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Kind of curious, as long as everyone is racing in the same conditions on track, what does it matter what grip the track has?

13. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

It‘s an option the player can adjust. And if you can set all weather options to random I don‘t get it why you can‘t do so with the grip level.

14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

man, driveclubs lighting is just insane, and that game is like 5 years old by now.
    what a shame they did not get the chance to make a second game.

as for acc, i really would love to have these visible jumps in light fixed when the time passes before the sun comes up.

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m guessing you are referring to single player? Fair enough

Cornflex likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

[​IMG]
    From the pre-qualifying stream live right now. Definitely not unrealistic temperatures.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Unfortunately not.:(

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpain-gt/spa-thursday-notebook-12/

19. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

I’m rejoining the discussion after some time...
    Have you ever had a race (in a weekend with free practice and quali) with rain using random weather? Because either I’m the luckiest/unluckiest (depending on the point of view :D ) person on earth finding always sun or clouds or the option doesn’t work properly.
    Thank you

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Freddie Seng likes this.