1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

R9 3900X performance

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by pmgfrederico, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

I don't even get why are people complaining.

If you are GPU bounded, with 80+ fps @ 1440p on a Ryzen 3600 with 30 AI, it is obvious that if you reduce resolution to release the GPU bottleneck, you will get AT LEAST the same FPS from the previous test. It literally means that a Ryzen 3600 is perfectly fine for ACC.

I am buying new parts next weekend, and I was afraid that I would get not so good performance with a 3900x and picked the 9900K. With this information I'm changing my CPU to AMD.

So, it's totally useless to ask for different tests. If you want to have CPU benchmarks, there are plenty of specialized sites in the wild.

tl;dr ACC runs fine on Ryzen 3600. Answering OP, 3900X will be awesome.

LM2J likes this.
  2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Well there is a difference when 8700K does 110 minFPS in CPU bound like vs 30 AI testing or just 88 minFPS. O L B Values are the next info which is nice, but you dont look into it as it seems.
    Dont need to cover 720p, Full HD is fully ok too!

As a Rift User its important to hold 90 FPS in all situations. My ryzen 1600 cant do that. My RTX 2070 could do it with the Rift..
    Now we see 8700K does 110 FPS, yay and 3600 "only" 88 FPS. Well that leads to ASW... Numbers are just examples.
    After turning up Graphics you can still decide if GPU is too lame and need to be changed or graphics need to be turned down.
    Both is easier than changing a CPU, mostly leading to new mobo and ram aswell.

Maybe you get my point?
    I want to know pure Ryzen power, not if your GPU pushes 80 or 100 FPS.
    Not really hard to understand.

The magazine didnt cover ACC in their CPU Benchmarks. So we need to rely on forum guys obv.
    So you cant get any idea on how it runs. AC1 runs also differently to ACC.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Save your energy, mate. Some people don't want to understand testing methodology. It's a losing battle.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

But don't you guys forgot about performance boosts for Ryzens through dual channel and RAM speed?
    I don't get, how you can compare all these CPU and GPU "benchmarks" in this forum.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Doesnt that have the same effects on an intel setup? I have never had an AMD setup but am considering going 3950x for my next upgrade.

6. The diagram in this image is for 1st gen Ryzen, however the text breakdown stays relevant for all Ryzen based processors.
    [​IMG]
    What we're looking for is the Infinity Fabric, this is what links separate parts of the processor together (remember, Ryzen is not one big monolithic design like Intel's processors! It is made of "chiplets" which have to be linked together, and that is done through Infinity Fabric).
    The fabric has its own clock speed (FClk on the chart), the faster it runs the faster data can flow through it. The speed this fabric runs at is identical to that of your memory - However, once you exceed 3600 MHz, the fabric's clock does not run 1:1 with the memory anymore and drops lower (I can't remember what ratio it drops to).

Hope I answered your question.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

AMD CPUs scale quite well with memory clock.
    Since the latency is also a bit higher than with Intel CPUs, people tend to push the memory speeds, since that (at the same timings) brings down the latency which you can then see in the app performance.
    But only up to 3733 MHz, because above that the IF clock will be reduced and latencies will increase again.
    That's also why for Ryzen 3000 memory speed above that are not recommended. Sweet spot ist most likely around 3200 MHz (price/performance).

romandevision likes this.
  8. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Seemingly best memory is 3600 c16 as tested by a number of sources now.
    Any better timing at that same speed is a bonus.

I currently have 3200 C14, should be able to run good speeds when I upgrade to the 3000 series stuff

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, 3600 MHz is the highest sensible memory speed, but at 3200 is most likely the sweet spot in terms of price vs. performance.

11. go.neil

go.neil Gamer

According to this chart by AMD themselves, your 3200 C14 is equal to 3600 C16... They just said the sweet spot is 3733 C17... So don't bother dude. You are effectively gonna upgrade to nothing.

[​IMG]

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Oh I’m not going to buy new ram, no need. Just going to overclock the current stuff to whatever is most suitable. Samsung b die memory is very good for that

go.neil likes this.
  13. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

3800 1:1 CL14 was already proven for ryzen 3000.
    So all of you quote only the non OC or official info.
    Depending on your IMC you can definitely reach more than 3600 1:1 with OC.

But Zen/+ get more performance out of it.
    Ryzen 3000 just have way more L3 to cover the latency.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

14. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

Long story short, did someone upgrade from the likes of a 4770K i7 to a 3900X and successfully started to be GPU bound (I know that my 1080ti is on vacation because I am CPU bound), with decent stability and no stutters let's say at 60fps (dropped my 100fps goal already) on a 1440p resolution with in-game High(ish) settings? Was the upgrade obvious in terms of gaming experience, I mean no stutters on race starts of specific track locations (Nürburgring, Zolder,...)?

15. stasek44

stasek44 Rookie

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I changed from a 2700X to a 3800X and saw a fair amount of improvement if that helps.

It depends how much you are overclocking your 4770K and what it’s single core performance currently is. I would recommend running some benchmarks for single core performance to see, like CPU-Z and Cinebench

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I ran fraps in old 4770k and recently with my new 3900x, using same GPU (GTX 1080ti) and same settings.
    In F1 2019 at 4k just a slight increase in min, Ave and max, about a 3 fps increase. At 1080p in dry about a 10 fps increase in Ave and max but a 26% increase in min rates. In wet about 30% increase across the board.
    In ACC I need to retest.
    In rf2, this was the biggest surprise, 43 fps improvement in min, Ave and max and with slightly higher settings. This equates to a 50% increase in min, a 40% Ave increase and a 33% increase in max fps. was surprised when I tried a quickrace at spa ACC with 49 opponents, I started from back of grid @ 8am with clear weather. 150% resolution and all other settings on high. At the start I had a minimum of 61fps but mainly between 70-80 through the rest of the lap. The only time it dropped below 60 was on the first lap at the bus stop chicane where it dropped to 57 for a couple of seconds. Has anyone else tried with this many AI? If so what were your results?

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I did the exact same upgrade as you can see from my post above. Some good fps Gains with same gpu bit the smoothness has blown me away the most.

pmgfrederico likes this.
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Will add that if you are already looking at a high end dual chiplet CPU it’s definitely worth waiting for the 3950X and seeing how that performs.

20. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I build a 3900X system for a cousin.
    Offline vs AI the 3900X can run ~40-45 opponents. Not looking on the FPS, as they are always high enough. They are always above 60-70 even with 50 cars on grid. Low Graphics surely to take out the GPU.
    You need to watch out for the FPS App in hud.json.
    There you see O L B Values. L = Lates and B = Blend, they shouldnt rise much, because they are related to actual physic.
    My findings so far:
    3900X with SMT On needs the new BIOS 1.0.0.4B, runs way better.
    Nvidia Threaded Optimisation is bad, turn it off for FPS and L and B values in ACC.
    SMT Off gives you more FPS and better L and B Values. With SMT Off i could run 45 cars.
    Just to compare. R5 1600 OC with same RAM hits a wall at 29 AI with the same Build.
    8700K 5Ghz from a friend runs 42-43 cars.

Online it isnt a problem to run 50-60 cars as seen with on MrGit Server even with mediocro hardware and settings.