1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to the game of racing simulation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jack Villeneuve, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Hello,

Just wanted to ask a very simple question here but just before that, I have spent a lot of times looking at reviews, gameplay of videos footage about ACC, and it seem's that the new competizione is lacking a lot in terms of multiplayers and other gameplay options, compare to a lot more other racing sims on the net.

So before I invest my hard earn money into this game my question is: Is it worth it to buy this game and if not what would be my second BEST option for me, who want to invest a lot of times into a racing simulator?

Even after so many time spending on the internet about this game I cannot make up my mind if I want to buy this game or not? So am turning myself to you guys the racing community to help me to take my decision.

Thank you,

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HORI Force Feedback Racing Wheel DLX for Xbox Series X|S can not use this game Apr 29, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes after some time racing (MP-SP) [Audio driver hang] Apr 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions why is getting sim racing features in this sim racing game like pulling teeth? Sep 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game keeps crsashing while racing with A.I Feb 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Endurance racing gameplay issues Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.2 update, Game crash in VR after a few minutes of racing Dec 18, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech Momo Racing isnt working ingame Nov 21, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Force Feedback Racing Wheel crashes the game Nov 9, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash while racing Sep 23, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Game simply quit during racing, without any error message Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Game v1.0.0 displays <anonymous> when doing online racing or events May 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Need some racing games May 3, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game freezing on Second Load every time for Racing Mar 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay CPU for smooth racing, 8700K game changer! Feb 11, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer game crash while racing at the Nürburgring (v0.3.5) Dec 2, 2018

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes. AC.

Andrex likes this.
  4. So Assetto Corsa but not Assetto Corsa competizione? Is that it?

Thank you,

5. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

ACC: In term of car physics,Track feeling, sound, ffb, devs do stunning work, absolutely yes, give it a try!

Pack34 and D.Jankovic like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

ACC is absolutely worth buying. For a second option buy AC. I would buy both and don't look back :)

Pack34 likes this.
  7. BTW is the multi GREAT and populated with ACC or/and AC? I am planning if I buy both or one game only to race online with you guy's and enjoy racing.

Also have a look at this video please this is scare me a bit kinda of:

8. Chrhun

Chrhun Rookie

I think the original AC is still a great game to start with. It's has a lot of variety and even further possibilities with mods.

Pack34 and Andrex like this.
  9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Jump in and make your own opinion, some like MP some not, if u play other games in open lobby MP u know what possibly awaits you... surprises not included in my commentary ;)

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As you are new to sim racing I would suggest not even starting with multiplayer online for at least 1 month or so. Practice in single player mode first until you get the hang of things as each sim is different in its only little ways. When I converted over from rF2 and first bought AC I spent at least 3 months practicing and tweaking the game and getting familiar with the variety of cars and setups until I even started looked at MP racing. Nothing worst than a beginner starting off in sim racing and also a new tittle and jumping straight into MP racing first session in...

Good luck and welcome to the community if you decide to buy AC/ACC :)

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The choice between AC and ACC, could also be equipment dependent.

Don't know what you have ?

12. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

If your into gt3 races i dont think theres anything better then ACC atm. second best allround sim and best for your money is AC

Ace Pumpkin and Coanda like this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

You will like the game.
    Afraid the "sim community" will shun you for buying ACC after watching that? He said he likes it, he said it's good, and he said a lot of people in the "sim community" were disappointed. To mix metaphors a bit- He should get off the fence, and you should read between the lines.

14. Well thank you all for your input I finaly did bought ACC.

Thanks

Pack34, Chriss, Redoxs and 4 others like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Enjoy. I suggest you tag your signature with your hardware and give version 1.0.7 beta a go as it has the latest tyre model etc...

16. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

I would say AC to start your ball rolling as loads of different cars plenty of online pick up and play stuff like drifting or track day stuff
    Easier to drive and lot of people online and the game is finished and runs well even in vr, lots of dlc or mods

ACC on the other hand seems more real, harder to drive fast, only gt3 class, not as many online but you will always find players online, and you will have lots and lots of fun

So I would get ac first then when you want a little more realism go for acc

Andrex likes this.
  17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Let's see if Jack was here just to post that video.

18. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Just to clarify, ACC cars are really easy to drive at a normal pace and because the cars have ABS and TC those cars are very rookie friendly, what it is hard is to drive really fast at less than 2 seconds of the WR of a certain track, but any sim is like that, things happen faster, inputs have to be more precise and the margins of error are way smaller, but the car still is easy to keep on track.

CmdrCody likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I hope not. What a horsesh!t video..

20. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/i-started-to-miss-ac.59291/

I think you should buy both games, they're great. But the progress goes forward - ACC is much more friendly.

21. I suggest you to buy acc. there are already some very big leagues (very big) and they are going to increase in September october. You need some time to train.
    acc is the best of the best anywhere.