1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

As a server admin it is great and will want it on the whole time, but yes option needs to be there to turn off...
    Possibly would want to have it easier to see... in VR I have to lean forward a bit to actually read contents

2. Arpadian likes this.
  3. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. dek

dek Racer

Btw. How can I see my own ping in ACC?

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

With the new widget they introduced next to tire temps

dek likes this.
  6. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

A silly question since i just going to opt in the beta branch, what servers can i join to play online? Any and all or just the beta servers? Wwill i see a smaller server list?

7. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I think you can join all servers without problem

Karsten Beoulve and Rolz like this.
  8. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Well done Kunos :)

The tyre model and TC update is a massive improvement.

As others have confirmed, including those with real experience, the kerbs can now be confidently attacked like in real life.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. I'm always getting Disqualified at Spain for speeding on pit lane during a race now.

Figured it out!

Driver swap needed to be done.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The full widget should have an option to remove but players ping should likely always be visible in mp. The option to move things also would be greatly welcome as the info in this is great as an admin but its not really visible for me as its directly behind my wheel. :oops:

At least with this and a server that clearly says anyone over 250 ping will be kicked those being kicked shouldnt be surprised. But they joined and saw their ping plus server name, but many people happily joining servers with 400 pings are generally oblivious to everything else.

Rolz likes this.
  11. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

99.99% of the time i allways have 250ms ping and never have a issue racing, my connection is very stable also since 90% of the servers are from europe and I'm from argentina i have no other option but to race on europe server and if server admins start to ban or autokick players like me for having that ping then i wont be able to race online killing the porpoise of my purchase of ACC since i bought it just to race online

About the server widget, it can be "turn off" if i use Blank hud, the problem is that blank hud disable the radar witch i use and consider important

i would like to suggest that @kunos or some of the devs who are in charge of the UI stuff that add the option to the radar option to stay ON even if you use blank hud

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So your someone that usually runs servers with high pings but you dont even want to know your ping in a server because its not an issue for you. But your afraid that if ping limits are added to servers you wont get access to many of these servers because your connection is likely an issue for others in there. ;)

Encouraging people to join more local servers gives everyone a better race experiance. If we host servers in Australia because we understand the issues of high pings when we join servers. We dont want all the high pings into our servers when there are many others these people could use in their own region.

The way the lobby works doesnt encourage people to join servers in their own region. Im sure there are some in your area but its hard to find in the lobby when its flooded with high ping servers.

If we have other options to host and find local servers in Australia then you clearly have even more where you are.

If server admins choose to not host servers for high pings then thats their choice. After all they pay for the servers purely to race in mp and dont want the experiance worsened by people with very high pings.

trasgu and Rolz like this.
  13. I found some bugs in mid save:
    1 ... AI if set like 90%, after the save (exit / entry) grows to 100% (so too the aggressiveness)
    2 ... After save, lap times go crazy (+ 80 sec compared to at the best time set).
    3 ... In the official championship, after the save I accuse audio losses and screen blocks, which if lucky gets unlocked/blocks every minute, otherwise I have to force the exit.

14. Ps: another BUG with MID-SAVE... The front brakes will overheat without reason, while the icy rear ones... In this state the mid-save is impossible to use

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Okay, gotcha, I think I know what you mean now that you mentioned it being less intrusive

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Thanks for the response, I recall previously at times the car would bog down when recovery from an off when you put your foot down, revs would rise and fall constantly and the car would not really accelerate away, maybe that was also related to TC?

17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

TC in the Bentley with 1/2 was brutal and u had to learn to really feather throttle on or get some serious lost times...
    but since the tire model update I'm finding the other cars more to my liking (especially the AMG)

F1Aussie and Captain Barracuda like this.
  18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I'm in a similar boat to you if I join overseas servers I can have pings of 250-350ms. If everyone else in the server has low pings they appear perfectly fine to me. The issue lies in how I appear to the other people in the server. With a 250+ ping your car will be floating all over the place and will make life hard for the other drivers even though it appears perfect to you.

The new widget warning that you have a high ping shouldn't be ignored, there's a reason it's been implemented.

19. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

I have been able to duplicate this as well. Re-loading after a save causes AI times to drop by 2 - 3 seconds and the split timer to disconnect and report unusually long splits. I could be wrong, but I think the AI actually slows down again over a few laps to the pace set in the race settings. In Spain, 6 hour endurance race, the cars behind me were doing consistent 1:50's @ 90 % difficulty and 85 % aggressiveness. After re-loading the save the AI times behind me dropped to 1:46's and made up the gap behind me very quickly. It became quite a fight to hold them off and after a few laps I think the lap times dropped back to 1:50's again, but I would have to watch the replay to confirm..

I understand that we aren't supposed to report "I have the same issue" but I am just confirming a bug, no support required. On a side note, I was unable to locate a logs folder for ACC. There is a logs folder for Assetto Corsa in "Documents\Assetto Corsa" but there isn't a logs folder for Assetto Corsa Competizione in "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione".

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    pigsy likes this.
  20. Rolz

Rolz Alien

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Logs