1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm imagining the announcement of the DLC 2019: "for the enthusiastic simracer, including a "realistic" 24h Spa event with two options available: the condensed 16,5h version, aimed to the casual gamer :D and the full 24h version, with a mandatory pit stop of 7,5h, for the hardcore fans:D"

2. CWing

CWing Rookie

In Tasmania it rains all the time, maybe we need a Tasmanian track

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Not to bang on kunos but is a better system for working out random starting track states going to be looked at please? As stated you will always have a wet track or very little chance of it being a dry start with how it works now.

Cheers Dan

@Aristotelis

Cornflex and romandevision like this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

current 1.0.7 dev build has weather improvements, a big part is looking at the dissipation rates in daytime/sunny/warm conditions. Without more than just the simulation runs I can't tell much, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't significantly change how often you meet a wet track with blue sky during a warm day.

Current experimental server (link) already runs this, though it's a special configuration with lots of rain/wet pronounciation. I think we'll also see a server preview soon(tm), so we can collect experience before we upgrade official servers including CP.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

According to the Motor Racing Circuits Database, there are only 5 circuits in Tasmania of which only two are still operational.
    http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits/Australia/index.html

but tbh, both don't look that interesting (watched some onboards on YT). Maybe for classic racing, but not for GT3s.

Apart from that, I think that both Spa and Nürburgring have shown often enough that they can deliver interesting and challenging racing in the rain. ;)
    On both circuits, rain is rather common.

6. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Still the same with 1.07. Cannot see any changes in starting track conditions. Almost wet all the time. :(

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yep just tried 107, 99% chance of a wet track even in blazing sun every race.. Yes the system needs to work differently.

Cornflex likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Running 1.07 beta build and server it seems wet weather is not as extreme in a good way. At first it seemed just visual as it was much harder to see wet roads beacuse there is much less reflection on the track surface. Not sure if by design or bug the less reflective visuals.

It also seemed more useable with heavier rain over 20 minutes not flooding the track. Maybe it is the server now taking into account the cloud and rain settings, avoiding the massive red flag style rain from ealier server builds.

This is likely why the surface is not as reflective because it wasnt as wet but slicks were nowhere near as good when the track looked not that wet.

9. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I kinda like the rain, but I'd really like way more heavy rain. That kind of rain, which causes massive chaos. I would at least like to have it possible. Should maybe happen 1/100 times it rains heavily. Otherwise not sure if the problem is on my side, but I can't see dry lines on the track, when the track drys up.

10. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

I really think driving in heavy rain is nearly impossible. I use a Logitech G25 wheel and have full TC and ABS (both set to 11) enabled and it is not possible to keep up with the AI even on the lowest setting without loosing control (driving the Porsche right now) I do not have activated additional traction control in the option settings. It should be possible to finish a single lap without spinning. And if the car spins it should be possible to regain control of the car. Right now I never have the feeling of controlling the car when in heavy rain conditions.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

And what we need to remember is races get red flagged if extreme rain or wet surfaces. So would like to see a storm being a red flag situation. Maybe happens once In a. Season.

12. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Did another test drive today. Racing in thunderstorm at Monza with the Black Swan Porsche. I fitted the wets and set TC and ABS to 11. Even more so I added 100% of traction via the assist options. I did not even manage to complete a 20 minute race against the AI on the lowest level without crashing. There is definitely something wrong with racing in the wet. The car looses grip without warning. What am I doing wrong? Is there another setup magic trick I do not know?

13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

The direction of the wind is not indicated by the commercial flags yet, or is it??? ;)

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Thunderstorm is a red flag condition, not been driven in real life.
    There are puddles and rivers on track, aquaplaning is spinning you around.
    This is normal and "nothing wrong with racing in the wet" .

15. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

??? And why did they put this in the game? Why can the ai handle such conditions? This doesn‘t make any sense to me. I‘m playing offline championship mode and I am stuck at Monza now because the racing conditions are undriveable.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

People would request them to put it in if it were not there.
    And it's interesting to try it out just to see how far you can go.
    btw, it is possible to drive in thunderstorm conditions (did so in a race around Spa) if you know where you'll get aqua planing (which you'll figure out after 2-3 laps).
    Even then it's a bit of a gamble, so I wouldn't recommend.

btw, during the 24h Spa a few weeks ago they did drive in such conditions, with drivers reporting to have aquaplaning on the Kemmel straight at 80-120 kph.
    For good reasons the race was red flagged at some point though.
    Well, they can't, at least not fully.
    During my race around Spa in thunderstorm conditions the AI went off road at Fagnes several times.

But since they have (literally) lightning fast reflexes, they can handle some things better than we can.
    Still I tend to agree that the performance of the AI under thunderstorm conditions is a bit too good.

17. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

We still have the problem of the track and ambient temps always matching if you choose to enable random weather in the custom preset.

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Mmmm I don't see this here. When you choose random weather, you often get cloudy sky and obviously this might produce equal or almost equal ambient and track temperatures.
    But when it produces a less cloudly sky, the temperatures are different. Also very important the time of the day you're looking. Early in the morning or late evening again produce much more similar ambient and track temperatures.

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I found a sever that absolutely nailed Spa. There was a nice soft drizzle at the start of the session which slowly increased making the slick tyre on the limit by race end. What a lot of fun :cool:

20. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Sounds to me like... "Chris Hayes Spa training server"
    But some moaning why they can't change tires... hihihi