1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uros76

uros76 Rookie

Thanks. I will probably go for this beta anyway for sake of other great changes made like getting trackIR which is catching dust at the moment...

2. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah maybe I picked up a wrong habit using so high TC. I never relied on TC in AC1 so I don't know what made me go for such high setting. It felt more reliable at first but I must admit relying so heavily on it slows you down. I will have to test more with 1.0.7 and bring my pedal work up to speed again. It's so easy to fall in that trap or just leaning on TC...

Rolz and uros76 like this.
  3. I have been testing several of the new aspects such as driver stints, saving during the race etc.
    The save works well for me, keeping the best lap time, difference from the rest of the competitors, fuel, remaining stint time, remaining time for each driver etc, but the delta with my best lap always appears positive until you get a New best lap.
    With respect to the stint times and maximum driving time for each driver that have been added, they work perfectly for 3H races (2 mandatory pit stops with tire changes, driver and fuel filling) and 6H (no mandatory pit stops, but yes the limitation of 140 minutes of driving for each driver), but this things fail when we enter the 24H, which should be 3 hours and 15 minutes of consecutive driving (3 stints in a row), and 14 hours of maximum driving for each driver (currently this is the worst aspect, since the game allows driving 26 hours in a row without changing drivers)
    Spa24-driverstints.png

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

cooknn likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I too mostly use 2-3 in the dry. I was surprised at iVG Spa setup he posted to me that it had TC 5.

6. Hi devs will the texture problem be solved when you officially release v1.0.7.I bought this game at Early Access and after v1.0.5 patch game's texture runs at a really really really low resolution at my PC no matter which setting of texture i set.The graphic sucks due to the texture problem and it never happened until v1.0.5 and v1.0.6 didn't fix it.Will v1.0.7 solve it?Thank you.

7. iVG

iVG Alien

More like 6 even lol.

Coanda likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It actually played nice with your setup. I found it a bit too intrusive in the final chicane though.

MTv likes this.
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

10. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah I usually stick it down for last chicane and t1 on spa. I have it mapped on wheel buttons so that's easy enough. Works well for the rest of the lap though. Still have to do some changes for 1.07

Coanda likes this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Coanda likes this.
  12. Well, the curbs are fixed!

Now I have to figure out how to fix my setups... I find the cars tend to understeer more overall, no clue why but that's what happens. And that's after I set them up to over-rotate through the corners in the previous version!
    Going to be interesting to rework my setups...

13. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Did you try to check integrity of game files through steam? Maybe something got corrupted..

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Hopefully the new pit speed limit warning hud can be disabled in final 1.0.7!?

15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The realtime gaps to the cars in front/behind in the MFD are totally broken in this update, can fluctuate 10+ seconds corner to corner, was much better in 1.0.6.

Regarding the TC - I don't there's any issues with the new TC. I think people are just caught up on using a certain numeric value that they are used to. Just because you need to run a higher setting to get the best pace now doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. If anything the extra slip on lower settings is what helps you to drive through a slide, something that wasn't possible with gen 1 TC. Every car I've driven in 1.0.7 the TC has been fine, this includes the Ferrari and the AMG that are getting mentions here.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Same as the end of session timer, no idea why it needs to block the entire virtual mirror. Also this info could easily enough be placed in the race time hud, no need to open a new window and have race timer at 0. Hopefully a fully adjustable hud will come at some point where we can customize this, remove some things and move others.

The chat box popping up in car and taking up maybe a 20% of the screen is another odd decision. Let us decide where and how big this is or even disable it in car completely.

Asterix likes this.
  17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Try selecting one of the graphics presets on top of the graphic options screen. Test, see how it works, then modify again to your liking.
    I've see people with issues from custom settings to have massive improvements when back to preset settings and then tweak again.

18. iVG

iVG Alien

I didn't say I needed to go up, I said I went down on TC. What caught my attention is the sudden 'tightening' of the allowed slip on setting 6 compared to 5 or lower. As I said it may just be me but it's worth double checking since that's what betas are for.

19. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

If you don't have a problem, it does not mean it doesn't exist. Maybe you and I haven't came into track/car combo or weather conditions for the 'bug' to be apparent. And also, the TC improvements help to have a more controllable car at lower TC levels, so people having to use more TC than before the update does not make sense.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

More controllable by the tc not cutting as much, but that means you need more control with your own inputs. For me before 1.0.7 using low level TC settings if you had a small slide at the rear the tc would cut in quite hard but now it will allow you to adjust throttle to control this a bit better. This can mean people leaning on TC too much may find it harder to control at these settings. Those that are modulating throttle and balancing the car in these little slides will find TC not as intrusive and have some more control at that point, keeping it flat at these moments likely wont work as well as it did and so you may need to use more tc in that case.

I did run some wet races in a few cars including the AMG, Ferrari and 911 gt3 where I used more tc but didnt find anything strange in them. I found it a bit restrictive at high settings and still ended up going as low as I could in the conditions.

iVG, Coanda and sps_for_race like this.