1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is intended.

2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Guessing this is due to there being a min pitstop time if refuelling in 3H? If so can you provide a small summary of pit rules for each format? Do any of these rules impact online servers? ie if a server is built on the e3h ruleset will that also enforce these pit times? I tend to do all of my strategy in SP practise and my calcs are that the first litre is 3.2 secs and 2 tenths for each additional litre. It would be a race breaker if I get to the grid past the point of no return and all of a sudden my splash and dash is a minimum of 25 seconds.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Do we know when this patch will go live?

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

When the time is right.

the_token and sps_for_race like this.
  5. Intended? that makes no sense. Goodbye to fuelsaving strategies to make a shorter pitstop, goodbye to 3H endurance races, which become a longer sprint ...

henkjansmits likes this.
  6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Yep, definitely some context needed

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

As per Blancpain rules, when you do a full pitstop with tyres and refuelling, there is an obligation to not make a pitstop shorter of a minimum time. In this way the costs of exploring new ways of refuelling faster are kept to a minimum and the safety of the pitlane crews is higher, especially in races with a very high amount of cars and pit crews that only just fit in the pitlane of any circuit.

You can read more about it in our specific dev blog subforum in this specific post: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...es-rules-and-participants.59102/#post-1074222

8. I understand that IRL agree on a minimum pit stop time, is in the rules and is decided in each race, but you can not try to limit an interesting variable of endurance races by setting the same time for any refueling. I agree to put a minimum time, which gives you at least to refuel 80% (or whatever in liters) fuel tank, and add 0.2 seconds for every liter you add to that 80%. In a simulated environment like this, where neither human nor mechanical error takes place in the pitstops, there should be some incentive to keep the competition alive.
    Anyway, when I return from work, I will continue doing more tests, because I like to do them and I understand that the Beta versions are for that.

uros76 likes this.
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

But the minimum pit stop time is enough to change tyres and fully fuel the car IRL. You would need some sort of failure for the stop to be longer. So unless something goes very wrong every pit stop should be more or less the same time

10. Are you sure about that? because as I have read in the rules, the minimum time of the pitstop is counted from the moment when the car crosses the pitlane line entry until the pitlane line exit. Anyway it does not matter, because in the 6 and 24 hour races, there are joker pitstops that you can do without time constraints, which is where you take advantage of the doubletint strategies with the same tires and fuelsaving.

11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yes I understand the IRL aspects and rules. It's just a pity since I see little tactical interest in pitstops for 1hr races since as Javier says the human element is removed. I miss the AC pitstop where you could do this splash&dash and select compounds and it made for interesting racing. The only thing remaining is the possibility to turn a (few) fast laps to avoid having to overtake someone on track and whether to select rain tyres when it starts raining. Otherwise you might as well and +25sec to everyone's times at the end.

One thing that would help I think (at least for 1hr race people) is accelerated wear option. That gives you one more thing to play with, i.e whether to change tyres.

I think these sort things are more important than the animated pitcrew people keep whining about.

GroteBakkes likes this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

In SP, we are replicating the BP as close as possible, especially as the AI won't come up with countertactics on a human level. In MP, we can talk about gameplay elements, and once we add the new driver stint logic and pitstop rules to MP we can talk about important gameplay decisions. The refueling time is already prepared to be an option for example, so the server admin / league organizer can decide to go for roleplay or human elements.

Indeed, any pit minimum time is a real life obligation to cover cost and spread out fairness between AM teams and very professional ones. That's not really a thing in our virtual world, though we could think about some loot crates with better mechanics @Lord Kunos ? :D

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I like the server options, but is there a way currently to check what the server settings for detail things are? Like a popup with info (Race join, overtime settings and the upcoming / new options, as well as a short description / welcome note) when you hover your mouse over the server list?

Not to be understood as wishlist, just a comment from my side. ;)

14. Minolin

Yes and no. For sure I'd love to see more details about the server, especially on the loading screen and inside the race menu.
    However the whole server-user-matching approach, especially behind the quickjoin button makes this interesting (to put it diplomatically). So for the casual side of public MP, we actually need to limit the things that would affect join decisions, and make sure the user knows what to expect. In the end it'll be a mix decided by what we can communicate in the UI, and the users just take notes (opposed to NOOOOOO **** server I don't want a neverending long formation lap in a 8 min race on Paul Ricard)

@martcerv btw that's also a response to your question, didn't ignore it

Edit: And no worries, this whole approach makes sense in the precise environment of ACC - any other project would look very different, with much more decision moved back into the server list.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, I get the "interesting" part, thanks for the response. ;)

16. We can expect news about driver swap in 1.0.8?

17. Minolin

Depends on what the .8 build will look like. It's possible that it's a super short-term focused build on a certain aspect, then possibly not, but that would be only a few days then. But as soon as we can afford netcode protocol updates (which makes public betas difficult/impossible - which was very important for this physics update), yes.

18. Finally back home :)
    First of all, I want to clarify that I am not writing this with the intention of underestimate the work of the developers or attacking the opinion of other people. I love this simulator and I want it to be the best, and that is why I participate in the Beta versions.
    I have verified that the 6 and 24H races have also set them up like this, which makes me sad.
    As I said before, you cannot condition a pitstop only with fuel. I would base the minimum time of the pitstop on the time needed for the change of tires/driver, (45 seconds for example), add 3.2 seconds for the first liter and another 0.2 seconds for each liter added. A complete stop would be around 65-70 seconds and would give the opportunity to save fuel to make a shorter pitstop (for 3H races). For 6 and 24 hour races, it would be interesting to set the minimum stop time as a minimum time (70 seconds using the previous example) and add the "joker pitstops" if possible, as indicated by the regulations.

This is what the 2017 regulations say (I use 2017 regulations because they fit more to the current state of the game, where you can't refuel and change tires together):

"DRIVING STINTS AND PIT STOPS
    61. For Events run according to article 14 cases A, B and C (Endurance events), restrictions on the length of a pit stop will be imposed.
    The total length of a pit stop, from pit in to pit out, may not fall within a given time range. This range will be calculated depending on the length of the pit lane, the target refuelling time for that circuit and the target minimum time for the tyre changes. The range will be published by the Stewards of the Meeting in a Bulletin at each Event.
    Should the length of any pit stop fall within the given range of times, or should the length of any pit stop including both refuelling and the changing of more than one tyre be below the range, a drive-through penalty may be awarded by the Stewards of the Meeting.
    There will be a one-second tolerance, which may be used once in a three-hour race, twice in a
    six-hour race and four times in the 24-hour race."

NOTE: Sorry for my English,

19. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

@Minolin or @Aristotelis

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I haven't found an answer to this on the forum.

I have a question about this: "centralEntryListPath"
    (Can override the default entryList path “cfg/entrylist.json”, so multiple ACC servers on the machine can use the same entrylist (and custom car files). Set a full path like “C:/customEntryListSeriesA/”, where the entrylist is stored. Attention: The path seperators have to be slashes (/), backslashes (\) will not work.)

Example:
    I have a folder like this:

C:\DOCS\MYSKINS\
    with the file "entrylist.json" inside this folder

Should I also put the car skins in the folder like this (or keep them in the default folder ... cfg / cars / ?)
    C:\DOCS\MYSKINS\CARS\customcar_1.json, customcar_2.json ...

And the path to use should be this ?
    "centralEntryListPath": "C:/DOCS/MYSKINS/"

Thank you.

20. Minolin

Yes