1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Si.

Si. Simracer

Exactly this, realise that we’re mostly ‘Gentlemen Racers’ and accidents happen and the vast majority are not intentional.

Also I think a good way to assign blame is to accept you’re to blame yourself, you didn’t anticipate, you didn’t play the long game and let them through, you didn’t keep an eye on your rear view mirror and move out of the way, you turned in on a dive bomber. Accept the blame and then you’re in control to avoid it in the next race. Think of yourself as a Pro and you need to keep out of the way of those ‘Gentlemen Racers’ :). At the end of the day if you can’t get you SA up it’s primarily down to your own driving/skill and lack there of (accept it and set yourself free :p), going fast is a skill, anticipation and reaction are others and they’re just as important, if not more.

MTv, LeiF, Hagen and 3 others like this.
  2. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Someone earlier said something like "driving but the end result doesn't matter" imho this can summarize both MP and SP currently(I don't play SP but from what I read..). With many issues which contributes to this overall feeling.

I don't know why some puts ACC in the same forum with F1 20xx. Even tho they are both official games of some real life race series, F1 s*ck monkey balls in comparison to ACC, F1 is console crap with scripted fency animations with added car driving with scripted physics, it's just a game for teenagers free time at most.

ACC should be compared to the other sims, where the main focus is car physics and not animations and fancy looks and bla bla. And ACC is cheaper than most if not all of them, so I really believe a valid question is "Why people drive GT3 cars in AC1, RF2, RRE, IR but not so in ACC when they all don't have neither media interviews, fancy career mode or pit animations, and are more expensive ?" A few reasons comes to my mind - hardware optimization, multiplayer communities, missing key features for leagues and proper competiotion a.k.a - race results and some bugs.

In any case, a few times I joined CP server, there was always 15-20 people at the grid, in addition, there are plenty of other servers with people in, so I don't think it is so bad in popularity and I believe once key issues are fixed and hardware optimization gets better, it will get more popular.

MTv, mr Switchblade and chksix like this.
  3. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

If I look at the Steam statistics, it doesn't seem like .... :)

mr Switchblade likes this.
  4. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I haven't actually look at charts, it's just the feeling that in sim racing, GT3 is quite popular series, so if there is population issue in ACC reason should be something different than the content itself, considering the overall opinion about the physics and overall driving feeling is quite positive.

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Mh really? Well there are a few features which have downsides (surprisingly many have, if you think it through) that some users would rate differently against the gains.
    But overall, I think you're doing another simplification here: If you remove "even if the developer says we have the resources to add these", implying that this is free without downside, that suddenly becomes a statement worth discussing. Then more experienced users look at the feature and weigh it against what else could be done instead, and then again you have different opinions.

I often have the feeling that such discussions are 95% misunderstandings. If somebody says "I would love to see A", and another one says "no, rather B", it's understood as "I don't think A would make the game any better", and argued accordingly.

Sadly this appearantly is not even a category in terms of expecations, comparisons and reviews. Somehow I have the feeling that we aren't allowed to do something smaller (= we aren't allowed to pick our business case), the comparison level is always a bit above the best example out there (again without all the disadvantages).

6. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Totally agree. I wouldn't say that ACC should be comapred to F1 in any aspect - F1 overall much more popular series than GT3, F1 is a game with simplified physics and fancy look (and differend budget released every as a new game)to attract gamers, ACC is a sim with comlicated physics to attract more niche players. They just don't fall in the same league, so comparing their features is not fair for both.

If we compare to other sims this is different story and they all miss pit animations and grid chicks ;) I don't know why so obsessed with the steam charts, There are always people in servers when I check, some leagues are already running like mr.GiT and Apex racing. I am sure with some fixes coming and once some statistics for CP or other servers comes(even from 3rd party), more people will be attracted to public MP too. ACC is already quite popular among majority of sim racers.

MTv likes this.
  7. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

I am a single Player driver.
    At the moment I play more time in AC than ACC, sometimes I also play rF2.
    I don't care about how many people are playing online, I have my fun with AC and ACC, that is important for me :)

Gevatter likes this.
  8. Kusoni

Kusoni Rookie

I personally favor the single player side of sim racers. I have also taken a break from this game due to lack of features in the career and championship modes. There should be classes within each mode, even if it is limited to pro and am. The career mode has no feel of progression within the career mode without classes. The license rating you get is completely meaningless in single player. I also don't see the point of requiring a driver change in these modes (except for the rules) as there is no actual driver change happening, just a transponder change stating a different name in the car. The lack of an in game livery editor is also disappointing, but not a deal breaker by any means. This game is a great sim, but is very lacking in the game department. There is also the other Blancpain series around the world that are not represented yet. It would be nice as a US player to be able to race in the American Blancpain series.

I really enjoy driving in this game, and will turn it on when I feel like lapping and enjoy going through the motec data between stints. The engineering side is a big plus for this sim. When the single player side gets worked out I will be playing this a lot more as it is one of the best sims ever. I do know this is still a work in progress, and have faith that the team will continue to improve upon this game as it has a fantastic foundation to build upon.

9. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Why would anyone argue against adding something nice when there is the resources to do it? Thats not the real question or point here. U have to differentiate in priorities as a developer what comes first. Some here feel like that a good portion of this community does not want nice extra's, which i dont believe one bit. We all want the most complete sim with all the bells and whistles. The problem comes when some of us dont recognize these priorities because they only view it from their perspective and not that of the developer.
    Those who know dont even bother to react here and go on playing the game, because they have the patience, rationale and a general understanding what is going here. And this is what is missing with some folks, especially in this thread. Progress is not the issue here, its the impatience. Couple this with misinterpretations of comments and voila, welcome to the present forum 101.

10. Minolin

That'll remain a mystery to me as well. All the attention and effort that went into this thread, I only see time wasted (on the topic of ACC) that could easily have been driven - especially when there's a new 1.0.7 tyre model to explore. But yes I know, nobody drives because the game is dead :D

However, translating wisdom from outside my gaming industry career: There's a strong tendency to more negative talk (not even thinking, it's only about representation and sharing) because it's one of the easiest ways to appear smart. If somebody just does a video listing 10 things that have to change in ACC, it delivers the message that this person is smarter than the developers, like "somebody who knows his stuff". That's a clever technique especially in our world of social media and how it works. And ofc. they cannot be proven wrong, even if it is wrong - somehow we humans immediately forget if a bad thing was predicted but didn't happen, while the opposite is remembered as a mistake. On the other hand, if you stand up and say something positive, or argue the pessimistic prediction/observation, you appear weak. There's not really a way to win this, independent of the facts (or at least it's incredibly hard and dis-satisfying).

Don't want to say anyone does this deliberately and concsiously, that's one of the areas where almost everyone would act the same and it's just a matter of in what situation we are. But I think this insight/theory sounds plausible when we ask ourselves why so many users on the internet* are magically attracted by negative things, even up to a point where they cannot possibly enjoy a game like (insert XYZ).

* haven't met one single of the more critical guys ever, and I even had an adventurous evening in last year's Spa24 with some rf2 fanboys who are clearly not guilty of being snowflakes and white warriors

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

To true GB! Of course in fantasy land people want all the best bits from all sims merged into one sim however some people just need to get their heads out of the clouds, stop whining and enjoy ACC for what is.. There is so much to like about this sim :cool:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    sps_for_race likes this.
  12. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Its the same reason why we see what we see on the daily news, negativity sells, the last time i had a big smile from ear to ear watching the news was.... well.. (crickets... .. .)
    https://images.app.goo.gl/RT8LrDZ7hD1LZTAW9

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I stopped watching the mainstream news 15 years ago and never looked back :)

14. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I am at work, so I can't really play unfortunately, so I waste some time in forums, educational reading and work :)
    I think it is not bad to have a thread as this so people share what they miss,some are going a bit too far tho and may be the header is a bit misleading as this is .. but doing negative reviews and videos is a bit too much considering overall ACC is quite good sim, if not the best GT experience
    Same here...In fact I don't even have a TV at home since 3 years already, and miss it only as I have to watch Blancpain and TennisTV on 27inch monitor :)

15. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Well then, thats easy to reverse, change the thread to : "Progress in-Game, its happening!":rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Me too, i almost did 2 years with no tv's. It was great not having a tv. More free time to pursue more important things in life. I do have one tv now however only for content i want to watch. No cable or free to air BS :) I did do 10 years through the 2000's with no Internet at home or mobile tn which I thought was pretty good considering I was oracle coder for a large national company. Poor choice of work but hey you live and learn.. Smartphones are something else though. They really have changed how adults & kids interact with each other and on a whole not for the good imho...

Anyway "the show must go on" :p

17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Fall of players, what is happening? The market rules.

18. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Good points.

I would say that the reason some people feel that "a good portion of this community does not want nice extra's" is based off the style of reaction they make whenever someone suggests an extra feature that they have no interest in.

Of course, what @Minolin says is also true that they often fear that the new feature B may have downsides to the core game A or some other downsides.

However, for decades, each sim forum has also contained a small but vocal minority who automatically fear anything that may make their sim more than just a barebones sim. I have even seen those reactions after a developer has officially stopped improving the core physics of a game and the negative person has announced that they are totally happy with the game as it is, yet will still automatically react to a suggestion maybe saying something like: "I don't care about that, I am too busy driving" or "Go play an arcade game".

So maybe they are giving off the impression that they do not like nice extras.

19. Minolin

Can you show me one? :D I do not have the feeling that such a person exists, and for sure it's not a vocal part of the community.

The only places where I read this is when users are really fed up with negativity, and only need to see the avatar icon of the poster to get upset. Sure, there are a few guys (not "so few" actually) that can totally have fun in ACC, since day 1. But they wouldn't ever tell they are happy if the development stopped right now, nor would they mourn about improvements. They are just persons that have the ability to be satisfied, a very important thing to have for a good life.

But if you can show me somebody who is like that, I'll instantly change my mind. Even if I'm "accused" to know every post in this forum, I do not :D

SylverFyre, mr.urlauber, MTv and 3 others like this.
  20. oh I've seen them.. they are out there :p

I think that behavior has 2 main explanations:

1) there is a underlying attraction to be able to "tame" a non user friendly application.. this also shows up in things like guitars, watches, cars and so on.. it's definitely a thing
    2) the idea that implementing something always comes with an associated cost that hits something else.. which is also, pretty true