1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ok, let me know when one of this specimen crosses your ways :D

2. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

:D Yes, they are out there

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

For years I see a pattern in some common "thinking" that I believe is the result of how people think about non material products, software in particular.
    I'll give an example to make my point easier to understand.

Nobody buys a Lotus and expects German quality of construction or Japanese reliability. Nobody buys a Mercedes and expects Lotus agility and Hyundai low price and low maintenance cost. Heck nobody buys a Ferrari and expects everyday liveability of a Porsche and nobody buys a Porsche and expects extravagance of a Lamborghini or Ferrari...

Yet, everybody buys a software, in particular a videogame and it is "shocked" why one development team can't make the same features of another.
    "Hey, Codemasters F1 has a great career (which by the way many people think it's not good and I'm surprised because I think it's amazing), why don't you!"
    "Hey iRacing has an amazing online organization and leagues and schedule races (after 15(!) years of work and obviously a subscription system to cover the costs, I'm not judging the price), why don't you!"

I'm pretty sure there are other people going around in Codemasters forums saying "AC or ACC does this with physics, why don't you!" and so on.

Well... surprise it doesn't work like that. Never had. Each development team has its advantages and disadvantages. Why we can't do a career like Codemasters? I'll tell you why, I have said also many other times. We're not on that level of expertise, they are damn good, much better than us! We also have different priorities. I'm pretty sure that's similar for Codemasters in terms of physics so to say. They probably lack experience and they have other priorities. They do advance, and you can see it year after year. We also do. iRacing also does in different levels. Do you remember the first physics of their NTM? Do you remember when they got Ferrari, Porsche, laserscanned Ring and so on? Yeah after AC... rF2 too had and has its issues like us, they are also getting better, everybody is getting better. It takes time.

Don't even get me started about oh how the "old titles were finished and done and had no issues". Again short memory. People forget that GPL had 3dfx support only otherwise it was software render only... we had to wait for a directx .dll out of a passion of a dev. And VROC (who remembers?) was a community effort, the game didn't had a lobby. Do you remember the network issues of all the Formula 1 titles by ISI? Do you remember the network issues of GTR1? Should I go on? It wasn't that the games didn't had problems. It was that... that was the game, and you had to workaround it or stop playing. On top of that, the complexity of today's titles is way higher. A small dev team (that is usually the case for our genre) has way much more work to do in terms of licensing, graphics assets, sound assets, physics and of course gameplay. Something has to give and that's why usually the titles mature by the 2nd or 3rd instalment or after some updates after release.

The community does very well asking for more, that is one of the thing that pushes the genre. The other thing is the devs passion. But there's a way to ask and then there's demanding and insisting and acting as if a title is unplayable for whatever reason. Again, I'm not saying we don't have problems, but again the title is very enjoyable for the majority of players.
    So keep asking but be polite and fair, thank you all for your patience and support and remember what kind of "car" title you're after and choose accordingly the gently push for things to converge.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  4. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

I have a strange feeling that such species will manifest later in this thread :D

5. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Many good points. Especially the closing part above.

Dookie, Chriss and Aristotelis like this.
  6. omar liew

omar liew Racer

I don't know what you mean by "magic bullet solution" but the animated pitcrew was there in one of the very early builds and was one of the best i've seen so far. Especially in vr it was absolutely great. Yes, it needed some adjustments but it was good enough. And now here we are v.1 and it's still missing? I understand that you don't think it's important in a racing simulator. But we all saw it, experienced it and liked it.. And now it's gone. If the immersion of racing is great, then it's only ruined even more by entering the pits and only see an arrow. I don't think everything is easy to fix. But having this feature at first and don't see any big problems with it and then month's after release and it's still not there is just another anoying thing for me now why i am dissapointed in acc. So no, i won't stop about it because you think it's not adding to the immersion because i totally disagree. And isn't this what the forum is for anyway? I know it all sounds negative but it's critisism and only to help them. If i won't care about the game anymore i won't be here to post stuff like this but i would be playing something else.

Sentry87 likes this.
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

This somebody is me, because this just steals my motivation for driving.

The simulation is progressing very slow, but it is progressing.
    CrewChief now is on board, curbs are not trying to kill you, but still "game" features are missing.
    I hope Kunos can set some percentage of development resources to inject some tiny game features into this sim.
    Something that builds a progress.
    Championship points, statistics, basic stuff that is missing here.

The thing is: Dakar18 is my serious sim, that I only play when I am not too tired to focus and concentrate. ACC I drive when I am too tired and exhausted for Dakar 18. ACC is my casual game for 1 or 2 short and meaningless MP quick races, because own performance has no real consequences. Nothing to win and nothing to lose. End when race is finished nothing to remember.

I don't like that situation. ACC should not be my casual racing substitute, it should be the main thing for me. The thing I put all my will and power when on track, but unfortunatelly it's the opposite. Starting ACC, joining MP, do some casual laps, enjoying physics, FFB and sound, but not caring about results, leave and do something else.

But this is my personal motivation problem.

Fremen_78 and Chriss like this.
  8. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Well, sorry to repeat myself again, as far as i see it, its not that "they" dont care or dont like. I cannot speak for everyone of course. It will always be subjective what each person thinks and feels is needed, motivated or unmotivated. One person adores the game in all aspects but because there is no triple screen it would rate ACC a 5 out of 10, because his "5" is a heavy emphasis on Triple screen support. Same u could say for animated pitstops. This one thing, the eye of the beholder.
    If u go look at it from a dev standpoint, when they prioritize its probably gonna be triple screen support before animated pitstops. Because even if i pick one factor why, immersion wise, this has way more impact on their experience then seeing a pit crew dancing around a car.
    Now comes the crucial part, assumptions.
    Just because some say that animated pitstops is not nececessary (right now), does not mean that they are against it. Or that they dont want to see it in ACC. They understand that there are more pressing matters to attent to first. If thats done, go on to the next on the list.
    The reason why u see and feel perhaps like that is because the same things have been requested over and over by , sorry to say, uninformed people, new people to the game that dont use a search function, people with trolling agenda's or people who lack a basic understanding what priorities mean.
    That does not say that I, or anybody else with similar like view, is or cannot be critical on this game nor does it say anything of being against these extra features. The only thing it really says is there is a big difference in perception, perceived realism in expectations between groups of players here.
    Thats all there is, a lot of ACC fans were here with AC , or even before my time with Netkar Pro. They have already seen the ins and outs of this developer and what to expect in general.
    They know their style of communication and most of them are a bit more patient and willing to wait, because in the end, Kunos will deliver.

Is it a perfect world, perfect development cycle? No. Is there anyone to blame ? Perhaps, Kunos but also us as so called " customers" to fuel our passion. We live in a time where we dont look what is, who is making what and losing perspective, all for fast rush fulfilment.
    And because that is not met, accusations go over the net.. Negative reviews are abundant and opinions get dark.
    How about taking a step back, activate your Helicopter Camera view and watch a bit more the road ahead..
    Be gratefull a small team like this is doing the Neil Armstrong for sim racing and take a backseat is what more people should be doing. If its still stagnant in a few months to your liking, then its more likely and understandable if u choose not to wait for progress.
    In all these years playing here though, there has always been something new or improvements around the corner.
    This is no positivo story, its the reality. Make of it what u wish. Peace

Perell0ne, ignission, jaxx_za and 4 others like this.
  9. +100 000 ! Well said ! Totally agree.

10. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

@Minolin

Really really appreciate how you give us insight into all this. Thank you. ACC has pushed aside all the other titles I own across PC, Xbox, and PS4.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

RD reporting...

'The 1 million dollar man. Aris poached by CM as lead physics developer" :p:D

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

maybe thats an insult.. maybe he already gets paid more than a million dollars haha :eek::D:cool:

13. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I don't know how much kunos pays him, but no matter how much it is, it is less than he should be paid.

chksix likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Just make some silly sh!t up like planet f1 does... did you hear Fernando Alonso is going to be Kunos's official test driver? o_O

Ricky Reject likes this.
  15. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Please, tell me that you didn't take it literally?, because it wasn't meant to be taken literally, the intention was not saying that kunos underpays him or not values him. I was a cumpliment that tried to follow the good mood of the previous post to a professional that consistently is doing a really good job. What a pain are the language barriers.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Nah matey, relax, all good I got you ;) Look at my last 20 posts in this thread there mainly BS and me d!cking around. Apart from a few good comments here and there most of whats in this thread is BS and has been done to death over and over and over so i am just having some fun. Nothing too serious :)

17. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

No worries, i missundertood your post as if I was inventing BS. Completelly my fault, sorry.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's all good matey no need to apologise. Like you said just a language barrier :)

19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Bromance ?

swigaffu and Fremen_78 like this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am just looking for run an iconic Classic car (with AC2 physics way) at an iconic road track at the sunset (with the U4 atmospheric way).:D