1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. thebaz

thebaz Rookie

or you are Italian and your pronunciation sucks! :-D

2. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

been working through some of the MP issues with CC tonight and i think i have a solution to problems caused by clients disconnecting mid-session - stuff like incorrect position reports and other issues. Here's *yet another* beta version if anyone hasn't got completely fed up with them already :p

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.8.18_beta.msi

3. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Tried this for the first time today - I love it! Thanks for working on this - donation incoming.

4. Jim Britton

<sigh>....

there's a bug in this version. The race positions are calculated using the lapsComplete and the track spline position (the distance round the track between 0 and 1). Unfortunately the point on the track when the lap count changes is *not* the same point on the track where the spline position is reset to zero. This means that when you cross the line the app's race position calculation is wrong - the lap counter has been incremented but the spline position is still like 0.996 or something. So as you're crossing the line the app thinks you've gone a whole lap further than you actually have and for that brief moment you're in the lead. Because this is at the end of the lap, the app often announces this brief and incorrect race position. This is track dependent - some tracks look kind of OK, some (like Spa) are inaccurate

I've 'fixed' it in the code so the app just uses the last known race position when you're < 0.5% lap-distance from the start line (this translates to a zone about 20-30 metres long). Far from ideal, but the spline / lap data is the least-worst data. The leaderboard positions are only updated on sector completion and even then they're often wrong anyway. Grrrrrr

Chriss, Turbo_Dad and XettMan like this.
  5. RustComet

RustComet Rookie

Thanks for all the awesome work on this beta! I've got a bit of a left field issue for you…

I joined a SP race, starting P12 on the grid in the 58 McLaren, and was immediately told that I was 'P9'. Interesting but thought it might be a result of the spline position updates. However once the race started I realised that all the calls seemed wrong, not only the CC but my spotter as well. That was until I caught up to the car that _did_ start p9.

Turns out the car that started P9 was the '24H' livery version of the car that I was in, which I guess the game registers as separate car and valid to also be in the race. However it was also number 58, which I am guessing is what caused the issue.

As I followed them around for a few laps I realised that all my spotter and CC calls were for this AI number 58 car rather than for me.

I know this is a bit of an edge case, and also wouldn't happen in online as ACC bumps the numbers when multiple people join in the same car. Although I haven't tested that theory with the separate liveried cars with the same number. Just something to be aware of.

ACC version: 1.0.7 preview 2
    CC version: 4.9.8.18_beta

Keep up the great work

chksix likes this.
  6. Jim Britton

Unfortunately there's really nothing in shared memory to tell you which driver in the UDP stream is the player, so we match on driver name. If this isn't unique then we'll have to also look for a matching best lap time - if the best lap time for the UDP element we think is the player doesn't match the best lap time reported in shared memory, then keep iterating through the UDP drivers array looking for a better match. It might improve things a little in this case

RustComet and XettMan like this.
  7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Hi Jim (quite OT), parameters to start a sim doesn't seem to be working. Simply put the same parameters as I had from the regular version for R3E and rF2 but only the game (nor even Steam) opens/starts, just CC. FWIW, I have 'limit available games...'.
    [Solved] It was the boolean to launch the sim. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  8. Jim Britton

Haha, user error. It's the best kind of error :p

9. ignission

ignission Simracer

Hi @Jim Britton, should we use the latest CC build that you posted even though it has an issue, or hang fire with the previous one?

10. Jim Britton

Use the latest - the bug is something I spotted last night and is in all the cc betas so it's no worse in the latest release. Expect an update tonight with (hopefully) a work around for this and the duplicate name issue raised above

Chriss, After_Midnight, Hobi and 2 others like this.
  11. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Hi @Jim Britton and thanks for this awesome app. Though I have not tested it myself, I've seen it several times in action and am impressed how much it adds to a game.

This might be a bit premature, but are you considering to implement a weather forecast in CC? The forecast in ACC is pretty easy to miss.

chksix, After_Midnight and Fremen_78 like this.
  12. Jim Britton

Hooray, more betas. Only this time I have an excuse - I can no longer launch the game in VR (whether this is SteamVR's fault or the game's fault I don't know) so I can't test any changes. Which is frustrating.

So if anyone is feeling brave and helpful, this version includes:
    code to disambiguate drivers with the same name (should mean you no longer get nonsense spotter calls and stuff if another driver in the session has the same name as you)
    code to freeze real-time race positions when cars are very close to the start and end of the track spline (should prevent inaccurate race position calls when crossing the start line)
    code to add car numbers to mapped data (so opponents can now be referred to by their race number - e.g. "what's car number 15's best lap time")
    code to map rain amount and (hopefully) wire this up (so the app should make calls when rain levels change). Note this isn't a weather forecast (no forecast data are available). I'll take a look at the cloudDensity data when i can get back into the game to see if there's any predictions that can be drawn from that.

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.8.19_beta.msi

13. thebaz

thebaz Rookie

Thank you @Jim Britton can't wait to test (whenever steam will finish downloading the new beta of ACC)

14. I'll give it a try ASAP :) Thanks again :)
    I've noticed in on of your last versions Claire sometimes stay in silence. Even the other car was very long in the detection zone of the radar. So Claire said absolute nothing. Which is unusual. For a woman. :p

15. R4F

R4F Gamer

Probably i’m doing something wrong, but CC is not working for me in MP, and stays silent. In SP it is fine/great.

I am using the latest beta CC, and ACC 1.07.

I watched Mr. Git using CC on Twitch last night during a MP session.

Any advice?

16. Jim Britton

no idea :(

Any errors in the log file?

In other news, I've just updated the main app to version 4.9.8.20 which includes ACC and F1 2019 support and all the other stuff that's we've been testing on here, so no more betas for a while. Thanks for all the help guys :)

17. ignission

ignission Simracer

And thank you Jim and @Thx1137 for bringing CC to ACC it’s added so much to the sim for me. :)

18. R4F

R4F Gamer

We must thank you for all the work you have done!

I will check my log file and try the latest version.

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I can start ACC via CC, but in game no Jim and no Clare.:(

Jim and Clare talk to me when initializing CC.
    Settings in broadcasting.json are ok.
    Are there any other settings needed that Jim and Clare can talk to me?

20. Offline or online?