1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Why doesn't someone start a "Everything we love about ACC" thread for those who don't like to read negative feedback and leave this thread for the others?

Romneyb likes this.
  2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Well, to be honest, if you do not like to read negative comments, you can just read the title of the threads in general and you will have a good understanding whether or not it contains mainly positive or negative feedback :)

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

A thread on a forum on the internet without negativity? Yeah … o_O … right. :p

Felge Schneider, RSR2KX and Minolin like this.
  4. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Well, with very small exceptions, if people are here typing(even talking about things they dislike) this means people like the sim and are interested in it. Think about a game you really dislike and how much time you spent in it's forum ?

And also, there is a lot of positivity as well, you can see people admiring and prizing the physics, tyre model, graphics, sound and so on occasionally. But it is quite normal to look in the forums mostly when you have some issue, be it technical or other.

Perell0ne and baboon like this.
  5. There's a whole lot to like about ACC.
    I've not played it for a while now as I'm VR only and it just doesn't run well enough on my system currently.
    It's still on my hard drive and i'll def be returning if and when the VR experience is resolved to an acceptable performance.
    I'd imagine their are a fair few that are waiting on updates, wether that's VR or tire model or multiplayer improvements.

6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

To be super on topic the vibe I'm getting here in Australia is that the league community is actually expanding into ACC more and more. It's not a super casual friendly title as even without the bugs there's a lot of applied knowledge required about the series to understand the rulesets in the game etc (F1 games are the same but the masses are far more familiar with the rules than Blancpain Europe). There is a lot of rewarding aspects for a sim racer here, just not so much for casuals, but Kunos are working on that.

Rolz and Metzger like this.
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

My point is people get slated for posting negative feedback and effectively told to get lost in this thread when it's about exploring why the numbers are falling.It's hard to discus it without some negative comment about the sim.

8. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Just to keep things up to date, the numbers are no longer falling, they are pretty stable. I suppose the question now is are the numbers playing a problem. And this may depend on where you live. And whether you need the steamcharts figures to "prove" sim X is better than sim Y. If it is a problem, how can the number be increased.

9. Metzger

Metzger Racer

From my limited experience so far, I always find a decently populated races in the EU time zone evenings. CP server so far is always populated and there are at least a few servers full. Pretty much all bigger racing communities are racing on ACC too. I do ocassionally racedepartment club races and grid has always 15-20 people. So I don't see it really as a problem. The only reason I'd like more popularity is more success for Kunos which is always good for us consumers and of course - the more the better.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing Kunos would want higher figures, I would think the multiplayer SA and matchmaking would have a threshold below which it's not very effective plus they have put an awful lot of time and effort into that side of the sim.

Last time I looked they were around RF2 levels.

11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

No they are far beyond RF2 unless you start counting AIs as players in RF2 :).

You are right on the last point : it's important to have a minimal threshold for players for any matchmaking and rating system. I feel it's above that for the server browser stuff but currently it's below that for the CP servers.

Personally I think in terms of stuff they can do leaderboard stuff will help a bit and then it's new content. Also maybe something to tempt people to play more, e.g. servers nearly completely empty after a race so there is always a logoff moment that tells you: maybe I should quit ACC now :).

Driving feel and game stability are pretty good now.

12. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

That's true, I've changed it to unwatched since yesterday evening because of those reasons. It's all good though:cool:, in the middle of building up a 80/20 rig anyway.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think you need to be more specific here.
    The problem here is not that there are negative comments. Everybody knows that there are things missing from the game, some minor, some more severe.
    It's about the language and tone. Quite often people giving negative feedback do so in a very negative manner and that – for obvious reasons – can trigger those who do not agree that the game is trash (because they enjoy it).

anthonylroy and henkjansmits like this.
  14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

same here, nearly 20 years no mainstream newspaper or tv or radio news, its really a step forward for us, :) since 3 years no tv, :) and now is the challenge to avoid to much nonsense from the news from the internet :rolleyes:

Perell0ne and Coanda like this.
  15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Just another thought (that is no fault of Kunos), maybe people are leaving because they simply aren't good enough.

Let me explain.

I have just jumped online for a race and found the best one for me to join was Brands Hatch at night (never really raced at night so thought it would be interesting).
    Only managed 2 full quali laps due to lack of time, so qualified 5th out of 8 racers.
    Racing was very clean and I didn't see one bump, but 2 racers did go off track on turns one and two.
    I quickly took advantage and went to p4 after the first corner.
    After less then 5 minutes 4 players had left (all behind me).
    The 3 in front were having a fairly good battle, but were making mistakes so I took my time.
    Sure enough they spun out one by one and I quickly went to p2, until he too went off road.
    There were then only 3 of us racing, with the (old) p1 now third, who then quite, leaving 2 of us who were battling it out quite well, until he dropped right back (didn't see why).
    I then noticed that he too had gone, leaving just me with almost 8 minutes to go.
    So that was a 20 minute race, where 4 left within the first 5 minutes and the others within the next 7 minutes.
    The bad news wass, I was just hotlapping, the good news was I won.

Maybe people find it too difficult/frustrating due to being used to lesser titles.

16. chakko

chakko Alien

Exactly. And that's a general issue on the net. You see it everywhere. It's because people have to exaggerate so much when making their point. It's not enough that i have a point of criticism, i literally have to destroy it, and spoil it for everyone who has fun with the thing i'm criticizing. And that sucks.

Thug, Berniyh and stefanoCasillo like this.
  17. chakko

chakko Alien

You're right, i also had such phases in iR. The natural problem is also that you have to be reasonably quick to mess with guys who are on a level where stupid mistakes just don't happen. Of course, there are still the hotlapper champions which can't race, but, usually those are also filtered out, because they just don't achieve a decent iRating.

I'm not saying iRacing is perfect, but, i had a lot of fun with the official online system, and, it also motivaed a lot for some time. Again, though, for me it suffers from tyre model and FFB issues, which held me off to invest more money in it (i already invested a lot... for the tracks and cars alone). I hope other sims will be able to implement a similar system, doesn't have to be as sophisticated as the iRacing one, but... it would be a missed opportunity to not take a look at it, and try to mimic it in some ways. Of course, i don't expect Kunos to pay server farms, but... the Competition server is already a good start. Now take the results, and make a official leaderboard from it. That already would be a motivation for many, i'm sure. :)

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I really like how Kunos are approaching their updates with the regular betas releases. It really calms a few people down which can be a problem today as many people are impatient. I think if they did larger drops every few months they would cope a lot more flack by the hate brigade.

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Had a similar example of this a few nights ago as well.
    24 started at Barcelona.
    There was the usual lap one heros which caused some strife and by the end of the first lap over half the grid had left the server!
    By the end of the race (20 mins if I remember right) there was four of us. As soon as the race was done the other three immediately left without so much as a 'GR'.

20. Metzger

Metzger Racer

But this is the case most of the time in public servers. Rarely more than 1/3 of the grid will make it to the end. I see few reasons for that:

1. People just don't take it seriously and don't care. Trying to be as fast as possible in every situation leading to mistakes, frustration and crash/spin.

2. Wrong player base, gamers coming from F1 20xx expecting ACC is just another game where they can jump in MP and crash around.

3. Lack of skill in combination to the above points.

The typical flow for a Public race for me is the following:

Normally I don't qualify as I am not fast enough to be in the front grid, if I start mid pack, the chance to be involved in T1 mess is way too big.
    So I start from the back and switch to grandpa mode hoping to avoid the T1 mess. Then start playing crash avoidance simulator having cars spinning every second corner until the end of first 1-2 laps.
    After 2/3 of the grid leave the server, it is a pure luck to have someone with your pace around to actually race. A few aliens are way ahead started from the front row, and a few similar to me who survived are some where ahead or behind and from now it's just lapping until the race finishes. And I feel lucky if I actually manage to see to which place I finish, not that it really matters.

In CP server there are good races sometimes, but again you will see too many people not finishing. Last time I qualified 17th or something out of 20, while being only 1.5 seconds from the pole, so quite competitive grid. Finished 7th just because the majority didn't manage to finish. Yes it's a long 1 hour race, so you have to drive safe to make it to the end, this is what GT3 is all about.