1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we ever get an update/comment about RTX support?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Exigeous, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

So OK, ?? , you ask a question about a certain technology (ray tracing) and if it will be brought to ACC, so far no problems,_;)

after that you got answers, some with relative links, others rest on the basis of the statements of the people involved.

that said, many of the answers you have received do not please you and are therefore interpreted in a manner and therefore uninteresting.

If the answers received seem to count the thread of discussion, then do not ask the question knowing that a little bit of research from you
    You would have allowed you not to ask the question, and by the same to create a thread dedicated to differences of opinion for which only one satisfies you.

"A debate is a discussion or a set of discussions on a topic, specific or substantive, involving individuals with opinions, ideas, thoughts, opinions more or less divergent."

From there, you have to know how to get off your foot and know how to receive.
    Otherwise do not ask the question !!__:p

chksix likes this.
  2. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

Yep, a few actually answered my question and were helpful and I thanked them accordingly.

"did not please me", if by that you mean frustrated me that we had to have yet another debate or crap session over RTX - that I specifically tried to avoid in my original post then yes, that was and still is very frustrating.

What a stupid comment - I asked a question TO DO RESEARCH into the topic. I'd seen most of what was posted, as in the actual answer to my question, but wanted to know if there was new information I hadn't seen yet. Not sure why this bothers you so much, if so why do you bother wasting your time replying?

Uh, right - and that's exactly what I tried, in my original post to avoid. I don't care to debate this topic, I wanted to know if anyone else had factual information about a feature that was listed in early access that we still don't have. Why does that in any way need to be a debate? Do you really have nothing better to do than "debate" this topic in a thread where I asked for factual information?

Maybe English isn't your first language as I have no idea what this means - I never once asked for people's opinions, in fact I specifically asked that we NOT debate this or go into another thread about RTX, simply if the feature was still planned. I knew someone, likely a few, would just have to chime in on that when they likely don't even own RTX cards. Thank you for proving my point and showing exactly why I asked that this NOT happen in the first place.

So now let me ask you a question since you want to waste everyone's time reading your drivel trying to somehow demonize me because I simply wanted a factual answer and not another debate - do you even own an RTX card? I'd bet real money you don't, do you? Again I say UGH. I'm sure you'll continue to show me why I asked that we not continue this "debate" and post more crap that has nothing at all to do with my question - I'm curious, do you do this in other threads? If someone asks about calibrating a Thrustmaster TX wheel do you tell them your opinion of that and other wheels or do you either keep your mouth shut or answer their questions and help? I guess you just have a lot more free time than I do. Prove me wrong and don't reply....

~X

sps_for_race likes this.
  3. You really need to follow the forum rules and associate your Steam account as to prove you actually own the game. Doing so will not guarantee that a dev will respond to your question but not doing so will absolutely guarantee that a dev won't.

Coanda and chksix like this.
  4. How incredibly stupid that one would need to "prove" they own a game to ask questions about it - so I guess they/someone doesn't care about people that don't yet own the game and are considering buying it? But sure, all connected so I can prove that I've owned the game since day one of Early Access. I've seen some dumb "policies" in my many years in tech and that is right up there with the best of them.

So now that I've proven I spent my money on the game is it okay that I ask questions about features that were listed for the game? Hell if someone can just lock this thread as I'm at the point now where I couldn't care less about it or the game, I'll go back to playing one of the half dozen or so other wonderful sim game I have that, you know, actually work. I guess I just expected too much to hope that a feature that was touted almost a year ago would be included. Such a shame as I was hoping something would set ACC apart from the rest but it seems that's likely not going to happen. I'll just count my purchase as a loss and if RTX is ever added maybe I'll give it another go.

~X

5. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

okay

Coanda likes this.
  6. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

Well excellent - now that you got me to do that it's showing my actual Steam ID which is my real name - how do I contact a mod to get that fixed ASAP as that is NOT OKAY. I should have just never bothered with this question to begin with...

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

"And still not a single word about RTX support - some kind of update here would be nice as some of us were really looking forward to this feature." https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eta-1-0-7-preview-2.59616/page-7#post-1081058

I see your new to this forum. You posted this same topic yesterday although today you posted it a little more politely rather than just firing out a statement. I am not seeing your patience and you kind of come of rude in some of your responses in this thread. Many of us want answers to some questions however we do not carry on like this when we don't get what we want. I will give you the same response I did yesterday (see Aris's response below).

Since you confess you own nearly every racing tittle and a fancy mega PC, telling the developer you will ditch it's tittle because it may not have RTX capabilities is not the right way to go about things and comes off rather bratish. Why would they respond to your posts...? I wouldn't...

If your waiting for RTX to enjoy ACC then something is clearly wrong.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

Yes, I actually started a thread as every time I went to reply to the other threads to ask questions they were locked because they were for the beta update - is there some problem with starting a thread on this vs. asking buried in a thread that gets deleted?

9. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Kunos never promised to implement RTX, it was Nvidia who made a video with ACC to showcase RTX capabilities. I they didn't implemented RTX or directx12 isn't because they don't care, it is because either it is too convoluted and time consuming in relation to the improvement, because they tried internally and it didn't gave the expected performance, or who knows what other reason. Some other threads have been opened in the past asking the same as you, kunos has never made public their position, if you are any sharp it would tell you that most probably it is because they are unsure about it themselves being for technical reasons, lack of documentation, or because they have a lot of things waiting with more priority than implement that feature.

Real time raytracing in simracing in 2019 is a pipe dream, with the hardware evolved for 3 or 4 years from now it has potential to be the new standard lighting. But in simracing first of all you need sense of speed, so if fps are too low then you can't even drive properly, UE4 graphics engine is a resource hog already by itself and RTX is another resource hog, so at the end you would end up with a nice slide show even with an 2080RTX. 2019 is still too early for raytracing with that graphics engine, as the hardware is clearly not powerfull enough, but worse is the fact that the quality gains are basically close to no existent. Just look any video comparison of any RTX supported game with raytracing activated and not, the differences are basically a bit darker shadows in some places, and vastly better reflections in unrealistically polished and unrealistically clean surfaces. Heck, even in some games I like more the image with the RTX off, and if there isn't any shiny surfaces it is almost impossible to differentiate what of the 2 images has RTX on, even with still images.

A race track is not polished nor clean by any means, even the cars very quickly end up dirty like a pig so no flashy reflections, but even with all of that, at 200km/h your eyes are fixed 75-100m far away of the car, and the dashboards are black non reflective surfaces, the slightly better image quality wouldn't be perceived at all. It really barely makes a difference in graphics quality, but it completelly kills fps performance, and no present existing hardware could handle a 30 car grid with all graphics options maxed out and RTX enabled at any decent fps. Well we could reduce the quality of some options to raise fps, but it in itself defeats the initial purpose: increasing the overall graphics quality.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

sissydriver and Coanda like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Nobody will miss you. Bye! :rolleyes:

chksix, Jebus and Coanda like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Wow, this guy just wants a question answered, not get involved in a pointless discussion about raytracing itself. I don't understand why people can't seem to grasp that?

No one knows when or if the game will have raytracing. The only people who can answer this question for you would be the devs, but they probably don't even know yet for sure if it will make it to the game. I imagine raytracing is on a low priority as there's other issues/features with the game that have to be fixed/implemented.
    Other than that, Kunos have often stated they don't like to talk about future features, they only do so when they're sure they can make something work.

14. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

[eurobeat intensifies] Deja vu I've been in this thread before, higher on the streets... This threads are becoming comical, and the one that it must be rolling on the floor of laught is Stefano watching us running in circles over and over again discussing if it was first the egg or the chicken. The worst of all is that he won't say something to put an end to this theme, he is being too amused watching us act like brainless puppets.:p

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

speak for yourself mate :p:D

the egg came first... :D

sps_for_race likes this.
  16. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

No way man, the egg had to be made by a chicken :p

sissydriver likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Now your just being silly :p:D

18. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Les œufs du poulet, ce n'est pas du poulet, c'est de la progéniture !! _: p: p

19. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I edited it, I'm being too silly, even for myself

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's a chicken fluid gender :rolleyes::p