1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we ever get an update/comment about RTX support?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Exigeous, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's a serious world, a little bit of sillyness here and there is ok. But 'seriously' the egg came first :p:D

2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I'm not going to comment on RTX but "some of us have very beefy rigs" made me laugh. Thanks!

3. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Nah, You are not going to confuse me with Your eloquence, the chicken was first:p. Stefano, tell him that he is wrong.

4. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

It's absolutely amazing isn't it? That's all I want to know - is it still on the list. I even tried my very best to avoid all this crap but nope, people just have to chime in about it don't they. Every single thread I post on this subject, regardless of the game goes this way, which is why I tried to avert it right from the beginning. It's nice to know someone out there understand that I just want a simple question answered and that I don't care about people's opinion of RTX or really anything else for that matter.

So thank you for being one of the few that understands what I wanted and where my frustration with this forum comes from. Incredibly absurd isn't it?

5. Exigeous, did you try to PM a Dev? They may not want to share that info publicly.

6. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I have a theory (not a fact ), let's hope I don't need a flamesuit.

This was a marketing exercise for ray tracing. Now I cannot think of a scenario where Kunos would voluntarily want to market a barely tested tech for their new title that was still in dev - too risky. Rather, I think Nvidia approached Kunos, wanting to make a noise about their new RTX tech. ACC was probably one of the few (if not only) sim racers on an engine capable of supporting RTX, so it was a natural choice.

Now as a small studio with a new title about to be released, it would have been foolish to turn down the publicity. Besides, all they had to do was provide a demo of the tech.

It would have quickly become apparent that RTX has a massive load hit, making it very impractical at present for a genre and an engine that is already load intensive on current HW. However, Kunos are probably not in any position to make an official statement on RT support that contradicts Nvidias earlier marketing messages (which was that ACC would support RTX at some point in the future).

Be that as it may, the current engine is demanding without RTX, I cannot see why any sane dev would want to enable the tech at this point in time. Maybe in future, when it's more feasible.

trasgu, chksix and esox71 like this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What listings are you referring to? Kunos owns over a dozen sites?

chksix likes this.
  8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It is proven, that there is an evolutionary link between T-Rex and chicken, so the egg was first. :)

9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

You say T-Rex was a big chicken? o_O

trasgu and sissydriver like this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Scientist say so, they had feathers when they were young by the way.

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  11. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Hey OP, who paid you to ask this question?

sissydriver, chksix and Psit like this.
  12. ignission

ignission Simracer

[QUOTE="Exigeous, post: 1081239, member: 222930"Not sure where you read that I'm upset in any way - I just wanna know if it's still on the list or not. If it isn't then fine, I'll stop paying attention, uninstall and play any of the other dozen great racing sims I already have.

~X[/QUOTE]

From reading some of your follow up posts you do sound a little bit upset but that’s okay.

Not sure why you are considering uninstalling ACC due to lack of RTX support so that you can focus on the other dozen sim racing titles you own that also have no RTX support, as you’ll be missing out on a great title.

But each to their own ;)

13. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Well unfortunately for you, until you purchase this forum from Kunos, it is subject to being filled with opinions you don't like. Mine is that you should be chill about it, rather than insult everyone who says something you don't like.

P.S. If you got a random egg and studied its DNA and it contained the code for a chicken, you would consider it a chicken egg irrespective of the animal that laid it. #TeamEgg

trasgu and [ATF]Shanti like this.
  14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This is not the fault of OP, it is a problem with this forum.
    You asking your engineer, when will the new ordered and paid turbo arrive and installed and he starts a discussion if you really need it, isn't the car fast enough yet and the brakes and so on...
    OP didn't asked for opinions or speculations, it's not about like them or not, just didn't want to discuss the topic at all.

Perell0ne and Oblit0r like this.
  15. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

Nope, as I wouldn't know who to ping since I'm new here - and, as you say I really wouldn't expect a response - what I was trying to find out is if anyone else had seen them post information here or somewhere else. Do you have a suggestion as to who to ping?

None necessary as at least we're discussing my question - and you could absolutely 100% be correct. That said I'd still like to know the facts here and what is actually being planed.

What a stupid question - why would someone pay me to ask a question about a feature I'm very interested in for a piece of hardware I spent a lot of money for. Oh and how does one get signed up to get paid to ask questions like this, that would be absolutely amazing.

No one here is capable of "upsetting" me - frustrating yes, but only because we had to have 3 pages of basically "RTX sux" which I tried right off the bat to avoid.

Well I can make it really really simple for you - people have differing opinions in life. I wouldn't in any way call ACC "a great title", I'd call it severely lacking of content and extremely buggy. Since, in my opinion I greatly prefer every other racing sim I already own the one thing I was hoping that would differentiate ACC for me was RTX support. Since it doesn't I would never choose it over any of those other sims - so since I'd never play it why would I keep it installed? You understand these are all my opinions and that as you go through life you'll meet many with those that differ from yours.

Have I justified my opinions to you successfully now

Yeah, how terrible that I would be frustrated that people would do exactly what I asked they not - how dare I want to ask a simple question and try to avoid the pages of crap I got. I guess I hoped the forums here were better than that, thanks for showing me my error. Oh and please show me where I call anyone a name or accused them of something (like telling me I need to chill, etc). And again you are incapable of damaging my calm.

Again I say THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING. And for explaining it with such an eloquent example. While I have seen this in other forums I've not had to go 3 pages with about 3 or 4 actual answers to my question. It would be so easy for people to just start a "What are your thoughts on RTX" thread wouldn't it? The other reason is for others who might find the thread and want to know the same thing - now they have to dig through pages of useless posts that don't answer the question or offer any help at all.

Again nice to see that at least a few people get it.

~Exigeous

sps_for_race likes this.
  16. Si.

Si. Simracer

Or they can just google “assetto corsa competizione rtx support”, it’s not difficult.

17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

A minor flaw in that analogy is that RTX wasn't ordered and paid for contrary to the turbo in your example @sps_for_race
    The engineer would more likely ask a return question like "What turbo? I have no record of it being ordered here".

henkjansmits and [ATF]Shanti like this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

That was just a complete different question about turbo, nothing to do with rtx or kunos? Why make an analogy of it?
    You still fail the topic.
    And hey, do you know my engineer?
    It is like talking with my wife, I'm asking a question and getting 10 answers to questions i never asked.
    A problem with the forum, not me.

19. Exigeous

Exigeous Rookie

And does that answer the question I ask - no, no it doesn't, hence my question. And now when they get this thread in the results it will be basically worthless thanks to continued posts like this that do nothing to answer the question or contribute to the discussion.

Your eloquence and level headed-ness continues. Why this is so complex for people to understand is beyond me.

20. ignission

ignission Simracer

Mate you need to calm down a bit :confused:

anthony galmiche and sissydriver like this.