1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, sadly this is all too common and rings true for me. My example above seemed an extreme case to me still.
    I have felt over recent weeks that the general quality of MP has been improving though, and I'm having a lot of fun with the quickjoin button (which I must admit I was skeptical of using at first). Hopefully I will run some CP races at some point, but finding the time is tricky with a young family.

2. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

There's currently no rating in place to encourage placing well or even finishing. Might as well start another race after a mistake. This is a shame as the above examples show, as there could have been some great racing for position mid field, and the winners rightly rewarded.

diddiyo likes this.
  3. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Indeed I have a small kid too so it's not easy to get to a CP server.
    I believe the reason for the slight improve lately is actually the fall of players, the ones that remain are actually those who really like ACC and want some good racing.

4. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

That is not true o_O I always play in single player mode and like ACC and AC alot :p:)

sissydriver likes this.
  5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I think he meant the remaining multiplayer crowd, unless you've moved away from there to single player.

Andrex likes this.
  6. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I would disagree on that. ACC isn't that difficult. I even think it's easier to handle than rf2 or iRacing due to the immense help of TC(which isn't a bad thing as its realistic). But some people are just looking for short-burst action. So if you spin and end up last with a huge gap in front....why bother? The race doesn't mean anything as the stats aren't recorded, so if you DNF, it won't affect anything. It's just not rewarding for some. Studies have shown, that people are far more invested into something, if you get something for doing well...and even just a nice animation or a "Nice job, you won." screen at the end could do the trick. Or personal statistics.

Perell0ne, max_86, diddiyo and 5 others like this.
  7. Chriss

Chriss Racer

:)

8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Actually I do agree with you too.
    That's not saying I am back tracking and admitting i am wrong as not everyone that comes on and rage quits isn't necessarily a sim racer as such.
    I may have jest been unlucky and had some noobs to play with (although some were actually faster than me).
    Your last point is possibly more a reason to gain SA whist driving in a race at the back of the pack if you drive well.
    There is then still something to play for.

9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Haha this is so recognizable :). Big difference though: before the curbs were fixed I would generally spin out myself if the race was longer than 15 mins resulting in minor damage or flatspot -> quit race. Now I have no excuse not to finish and generally finish. Still there is good racing to be had sometimes.

One more thing I always do: if there is a Ferrari behind me and I think he is faster than I am, I always pull over and let him through, since otherwise it becomes a wait for the inevitable divebomb crash.

10. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Minolin when will the Racecraft rating return as I think that gives a reason to continue racing?

LeiF likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If there is no rating in place to encourage finishing or placing well how does starting another race after a mistake help? Arent you starting another race so you can finish better? when you could have just continued the other race and finished not as well as neither result really matters if all your after is a prized statistic. ;)

I dont understand the mentality of many in a server that join and when they make a mistake they leave. I find a lonely win more boring then a mid field battle, have often had more fun races trying to make up for an early error or just go to the back on purpose to try battle back through the field.

Some seem to love to join servers and if they start at the front do their best to exploit the race start system to get as big a gap as possible, instead of trying to ensure a fair start for all by taking it easy from the front row. Then these same people would gladly run a solo race in the lead but if they were out of position would not want to run a solo race to chase the field down.

If you need some sort of ratings to make you want to race then clearly your not really interested in racing only the ratings. Its amazing how many need this type of satisfaction, its like if kunos took away the like buttons here they would never post again. :D

12. arjit.c

arjit.c Rookie

Maybe add a penalty for people who quit races often? Drop in RC or SA? I think the competition servers have this enabled in them.

It could be an optional flag for the servers this would give some seriousness to those servers?

Perell0ne likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Add a publicly visible statistic counter of race starts and race finishes

Perell0ne, anthonylroy and chksix like this.
  14. ignission

ignission Simracer

My experience of online has been pretty good to be honest with regards numbers. I’m uk based but work from home, so I tend to race early AM before 9, around midday and just after 5pm before spending time with the family etc.

There is usually enough people around for a decent race. I actually had a good one the other day at Silverstone against @Coanda before we both got knocked off by a guy named Rod.

Hi Rod, thanks for that :D

15. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Agreed completely.

Like you, I don't require a ranked system to enjoy. I actually like that safety is the only important parameter for lobby access as I think this helps take the pressure away from position results and encourages clean racing.
    Perhaps a race completion score would be a more important qualifying rank than racecraft.
    I think a racecraft or similar ranking would be a good addition for all however, whether or not it is available as a lobby entry requirement. The ability to instantly assess new opponents, easy recognition of previous results and monitoring your own progress over time are further benefits. And if other potential players need something like this as their main goal to keep interested, please if possible provide it. The more the merrier.

martcerv likes this.
  16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I still think we need the KissMyRank economic simulation in ACC. Collecting virtual money by doing well in races is a nice incentive to cross the finish line plus it makes for cleaner racing since repairs would be expensive.
    Podium finishes would of course yield bigger incomes.

A system to prevent exploiting the system will be needed too since three guys could drive around track and collect podium money infinitely.
    Suggestions:
    * A minimum amount of drivers on track to activate KMR preset in the app and locked
    * KMR servers only for leagues or Kunos official servers
    * KMR server approval system where each KMR application is approved manually (on Discord)

17. Metzger

Metzger Racer

You are exaggerating it. The ranking system just completes the experience and gives you a long term goal or target which you can go after. Considering IR (sorry to mention it again) is probably the most populated sim out there at the same time the most expensive and sux in graphics, sounds physics and tyre model also lacking - this should tell you something.
    And it is not serious to say people who like a MP ranking system are not interested in racing. There are many many good and fast racers in IR also quite a lot of people race irl also race there.
    This logic is complete BS sorry to say it that way.
    People joining leagues - may be you also did. Pretty much every sim race community is running a private league are they all only interested in rankings not in racing or may be they find racing more interesting when there is a ranking ?

It's the same irl. In all sports not only racing. Tennis players wants to participate in tournaments and I am sure they enjoy playing not just being ranked. It's just better when there is a longer term goal.

In your logic, all SP games doesn't need to have careers, stories or anything, only Single race, single match etc... Whats the point of anything else right ? Sorry this is complete BS.

EDIT: about people leaving the races agter a spin - I agree, its stupid, I always finish even if I have to pit and wait for repairs. I believe CP servers will punish CP rating if you do it, so it should get better there

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    XettMan likes this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Think you may have misinterpreted what was said there

martcerv likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

if kunos did this I would not play ACC ever again. I'm only in it for the likes... :rolleyes::D:p

Wolf WolfZ and chksix like this.
  20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

;)

Coanda likes this.