1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

o.k., I think I solved it..?
    Adjusted in CC options my IP adress. Thought CC uses shared memory..?

I tested it in MP.
    Spotter not tested yet, but Jim was talking to me so far. Hope Clare will too.

2. Like promised here my feedback (last beta version because the update 4..8.20 was done later) Also this is just for an offline against the AI.
    Good:
    - all random messages during the race are spot on now (just with two exceptions)
    - all driver names are correct now
    - all gaps are correct within ± 0.1 secs
    - Claire works fine even with 0.5 spotter gap (just with two exceptions)
    - race position are also fine now
    - race end position "honour" message is fine

Not so good (I don't want to name it bad because it isn't):
    - "Pit Open Window" message to early ( 5min before )
    - wrong random message "running out of fuel"
    - Claire stops speaking during the first stind (maybe because an overlaying message by Jim. After the Pit Stop Claire came back but don't be aware of the Bentley 2018 two times while overtaking. All other cars are recognized perfectly)

I'll do a test online later today :cool:

@Jim Britton Great work mate :)

3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Firstly massive thanks to @Jim Britton for this fantastic software. I'm very new to it and tested on ACC today. Very impressive.

One thing I did notice was when getting right up the butt of the car in front it will call 'keep right' or 'keep left' before I've even pulled out from behind the car in front. I understand the reason why this is like this as there's a buffer zone, but is there a setting i can change to change this behaviour?

4. R4F

R4F Gamer

Can you tell/show me what you have changed in the settings? I still have no sound in MP.

Thanks in advance.

5. It seems to work online exactly in the way like offline :)

6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Set my IP adress in CC properties page instaed of using the default.

R4F likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

seems to be working sweet for me... but haven't had too much with a person super close behind for me to be 100% sure with spotter :)

8. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I tried it for the first time today, and I must say that I'm very impressed, I will recomend this application to my friends. I only missed flag messages I don't know if all or just yellow flags, the tickbox options were enabled in crewchief but I saw a yellow flag deployed from a car spinning out of the track 150m ahead of my car and no message was triggered.

9. pcvdbroek

pcvdbroek Rookie

i tried offline quick race. I won, but CC told me i finished p19... Other than that it seems to be doing quite well... impressed! :)

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Great stuff Jim!

My CC updated to this version yesterday and had my first couple of MP races with the spotter working, fantastic to have it working in ACC after being so used to it in AC.

Thanks for all the hard work sir :)

Fremen_78, Rolz and After_Midnight like this.
  11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Now driving makes fun again. 1 year without Clare and Jim was a hard time.
    I don't understand why simracing game developers try to implement their own race engineer. Just let Clare and Jim do the job, they do it way way way better.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

...wow o_O
    Have you already reported that bug/misfeature to Kunos?

13. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I reported it last week. Combined with delayed and inaccurate race position data provided by the game it means there's no reliable way to know each car's race position

Neilski, XettMan and After_Midnight like this.
  14. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

So ACC support is now in the main build of CC? Fantastic - just in time for my league race later today. Thanks Jim for this great product and all you do for this community. I just wish you could enjoy ACC like we do, hope they fix VR for you soon.

15. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

yeah, it's in the main build. It mostly works well with a couple of known issues. The mandatory pitstop calls are wrong (they'll be fixed in the next build), sometimes the spotter misses a car (still investigating), and the end-of-race position might be wrong in some cases. Yellow flags aren't working (because the game doesn't send flag data) - again, might be fixed in the next build when i enable Crew Chief's own 'improvised yellow flag' code for ACC. Penalty and track cut warnings don't work either - again, the source data are missing.

That makes it sound a bit broken but actually it mostly works surprisingly well given the challenges with the data

Dookie, joker_89, Luca Zari and 6 others like this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

What really really really pushes the immersion is that Jim knows so many names in multiplayer. If there is a Schneider or a Scott in front of you, Jim knows them and calls their names.:)
    Jim lets you feel like sitting in a real GT3 in a real race instead of in your rig in your living room.

X_Racer01, Chriss, chksix and 5 others like this.
  17. You're doing a damn great job mate :)

JussiS, Dookie, NeoGrotesk and 3 others like this.
  18. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

+1

19. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Jim, I suppose that you are needing to do a lot of smart workarounds, if you need more data make a list so kunos dev team can help you when they can find a bit of free time to do it. Thanks for your involvement, the sim experience has improved a lot since I started using your app.

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. ignission

ignission Simracer

I've just sent you some beer tokens @Jim Britton. Thanks for everything. I like sweary Jim, it's a nice touch :)

Fremen_78 likes this.